“Good location. Excellent price!”

Hotel Clement Prague
Ranked #64 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Excellent rooms for the price we paid. Great location, 10 min walk to old town square. Rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: July 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed 3 July 2011

I was quite disapointed from the hotel ; the stuff was always kind but to my opinion very young and unprofessional. Me & my friend talked for at least 3 days with more than one person from the stuff that we would like to go on Saturday the 2nd July to Karlovy Vary just to see this beautiful place and maybe to enjoy a SPA there...we asked for schedule of buses and they told us. However, when we gladly woke up on Saturday, went down to the loby and asked the lady there ( which was the first time we saw her , but SHE was professional ) the way to the bus station to catch one of the morning bus , she immediately asked us if we have tickets already? we said no. and she said we won't get to this place by bus since there is the International Film Festival and for sure the buses are full , even 2-3 days before! why no one at the hotel told us about this? why they didn't tell us to buy tickets for the bus in advance? all our plans for this day , our last day in Prague were ruined. we were very upset.
Also, the room we received was very small for 2 adults with luggage for 5 days and it contained the "minimum". The breakfast , after 3 days ( the same ) was poor, to my opinion. I have stayed in many 4 stars hotels in Europe and I have to say I palnned this stay according to the reviwes and I was disapointed.

Room Tip: unfortunately , I wasn't lucky
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed there 4 nights. Great and clean room. Breakfast is great with many choice. People are nice and helpful especially the young guy Peter and lovely girl Katrina. The location is acceptable. About ten minutes walk from center and Florenc station. Do ask the route from reception before you go. Overall good to stay and enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We booked three rooms for a three night stay only to be told on arrival that there was no booking with the hotel. After waiting 3 hours for relocation other guests arriving later were also told that they had to be moved due to double booking.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Travlin_Trace
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Just thought I would let anybody who is travelling to this hotel to double check that they are actually booked in but check and check again, I checked but on arrival was told they had no evidence of our booking. We were a group of 6 women (including a 66 year old and a pregnant one) arrived at around 11.30pm and was rudely greeted by telling us point blank that we had no booking. Showed her the travel accommodation voucher but still did not believe us. Had to ring the travel agent up back in the UK (thank God for a 24 hour help line number) who re-confrimed to me that the hotel had actually confirmed our rooms (3). The only way the receptionist would believe us was by the travel agent re-sending confirmingation of the email to the hotel. We asked to buy a coffee/drink told the bar had shut at 11.00pm no coffee or anything available. 2 and a half hours later we were moved to another hotel for one night only having booked to stay for 3 nights in the Clement. I did have the opportunity to speak to the Manager of the Clement via the telephone who confirmed to me that he would ring me in the morning by 10.00am the latest to let me know what accoommodation he could offer us for the next 2 nights.
To be fair the Manager did as his word and we were moved again the following morning to another hotel and the taxis were paid by the hotel. We were also told that we would be reimbursed for one night for which we wil wait and see. Overall having to wait nearly 3 hours was not acceptable but the rudeness and manner of the receptionist certainly did add the cherry on the cake. The hotel did look lovely so please be aware if you book this hotel to double check and check again that they actually do have your reservation and take everybit of paperwork with you.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jacksprat0771
Jiri_Taborsky, Director of Sales at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear client,
first of all, I want to appologize for the inconvenience caused to you and other members of your group.
Let me explain, what happened.
Your booking has ben made in January, but unfortunately, our hotel never received and confirmed the order. At this moment, we try with our partner to find out what was the reason for non-delivery of the order.
According to the fact, that this period was highly requested, our hotel was fully booked and there was a real problem to find an alternative accommodation after midnight, when you arrived.
After the phone call of the receptionist, I have tried to look for any other 4 star hotel in the centre of Prague, however there was possibility of one night stays only with relocation to another one next day for the rest of your stay.
After short talk with you, we agree on this solution. As a compensation I offered to you, that the first night will not be charged and costs of the taxi and the first-night-hotel will be covered by our hotel.
Of course, thank you for the information about the unprofessional manners of the staff, this is absolutely unacceptable and it should be solved as soon as possible.
Please note, I am really sorry, that something like this happened. And I hope, that there will be possibility in the future to show you our beatiful city.
Sincerely
Jiri Taborsky
Sales manager

Reviewed 22 June 2011

The receptionist that greeted my sister and I, was very rude. Especially her tone of voice and choice of words towards us were very poor. It just so happened that on one of the days my sister and I decided to stay at Hotel Clement, there was a public transport strike within Prague. We were told by the receptionist that all transports were not going to be operated for 24 hours. Since we were planning to take the public bus to Czesky Krumlov, this ruined our plans and we decided to pay a fairly expensive price to go on a private tour. Come the day of the strike, we wake up and see that some of the trams and buses ARE operating. So it just so happens we could've gone by bus; all that money for nothing.
Also another thing. I booked a double standard room only because when I looked at the pictures of the room, it showed a spacious twin room. It felt a little controversial, but as long as the pictures were there I felt "double" in Czech meant "twin". Despite my hopes, when I opened the door to the room, the only thing waiting for me was a very small double room.
On a different note, the breakfast here at this hotel is pretty nice. The variety is not rich at all, however the quality is OK. Do NOT try the orange juice though. I think it went bad or something, it tasted like old orange juice and rum mixed together.
Overall, I don't understand how this hotel could be rated a 4 star. I would barely stand to give it a 3 on my good days. I've gone to much better 4 stars in much poorer countries like Bangladesh and Pakistan. (and I should know, I'm a flight attendant that flies worldwide.)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kenny424
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This hotel is very comfortable: the room is huge, the bed and the bathroom are great. They offer you tea/coffee facilities in the room for free. Everything is very clean and new.
The breakfast is also great, many options. The staff is nice.
The location could be better. There are a shopping center nearby, with supermarket, restaurants and stores, but you take 15 minutes walking to the main square. To walk at night, it is a little far.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple