“Superb breakfast!”

Hotel Clement Prague
Ranked #65 of 648 Hotels in Prague
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Breakfast has good variety of choices, cheese, freshly baked bread, fruits, hot food...
Hotel staff is very helpful.
Hotel is in quiet, safe location but very close to bars street and 5 minutes to city center.
Hotel is very clean.
I can stay in this hotel again

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for having taken the time to write a few lines with regards to your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to see, you enjoyed your stay in the Golden City.

As I wrote in another comment: since I took the management of the hotel a short year ago, it is my strong aim to have a very friendly reception and friendly staff in general; to offer a clean, comfortable and if possible very quite room for our guests to rest after a busy day and, third, to offer a great breakfast.

The overall product has been improved a great deal over the past 11 months but we still got some ways to go in order to achieve what I personally expect from e.g. breakfast: we are just now again working on the products we offer for breakfast and will be adding fish - smoked and pickled - as well as a better and more varied cold cuts selection. We should also be offering a chef''s station, where a cook will prepare some waffles, pancakes or omelets in front of you at least on busy days. A new coffee machine with "real" beans will be added over the coming months, for the guest to be able to get his "cafe macchiato", his real "cappuccino" etc.

We very much appreciate your stay and would like to thank you for it. If you ever return this way again, I would be more than happy to assist you with the booking.

Thank you for having stayed with us.

Kind personal regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Clement Prague

Reviewed 29 January 2014

An excellent hotel perfectly situated to explore Prague. It's about a 10 min walk from The Old Square. All the staff were extremely friendly and very accommodating! The rooms were very clean and more than adequate for a weekend break. Breakfast was of the continental type offering a wide variety of everything you'd expect! Can't fault the hotel. Would definitely recommend it and would be more than happy to stay there again!

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank NarinNourettin

Dear NarinNourettin

Greetings to London - and a BIG thank you for your kind review as well as having taken some of your precious time to sit down and write.

Thank you for having chosen Hotel Clement for your recent stay here in Prague. I am very happy you enjoyed the time you spent with us and it is good to hear, the hard work we invested over the past year, since I took the management of the hotel, is being noticed. Thank you! To get a positive feedback is always great to hear.

We, from our side, very much enjoyed your visit. There is nothing more "saddening" than a hotel without guests!

If there is anything I can do for you - please never hesitate to contact me directly. Would be happy to assist.

With best personal regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and much more luxurious than expected considering the cost per night.

As a hen party, we were welcomed and looked after amazingly.

The staff not only helped me arrange activities whilst I was still in the UK, they were just as helpful organising cars for us when staying with them and ready to greet us with a smile!

Only small gripes is both mornings at breakfast (delicious and great variety) there was not enough bread for all guests despite us being at breakfast within 30mins of it opening!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hayley P
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Hayley P

Just took a while to read your comment and would like to thank you for having taken a few minutes of your precious time to sit down and comment your stay.

We very much enjoyed welcoming you and your friends to Hotel Clement and it is great to hear you had a good stay. Since I took the management of the hotel in March last year, the staff have made fantastic progress and we are "moving" in the right direction. This does not mean we can and HAVE to improve further in order to perfection the service of the hotel over the coming year or so. Things do no happen over night, as we all know very well.

We are buying bread from the best bakery (and, to be honest, also relatively expensive) in Prague - Manson's Bakery, in the nearby "Dloha Street". The owner is Danish and doing a great job. True, we sometimes still battle to estimate the exact quantity to order, more so the exact type of bread (as we try very hard to offer the guest a variety of different breads) the guests will prefer the next day. We are learning fast and improving.

I would like to thank you once again for your support and for having stayed with us. If you ever wish to return - never hesitate to give me a call or send me a short note. Would be happy to assist.

I take the opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year (somewhat belated...) - much success and good health.

Kind personal regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We spent 3 nights here - there was nothing to fault, good city location, efficient service, lovely spacious, warm bedroom, great breakfasts, friendly staff and fabulous complimentary mulled wine on tap - perfect!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kath H
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Kath H

Just a short note in order to thank you for you kind, short but perfect review. We enjoyed having you amongst our guests and the mulled wine was just a little gesture towards our guests. I thought, after a cold day out in the great city of Prague, you all would appreciate a hot "Glühwein" when coming back to the hotel. Unfortunately (or fortunately for you) the weather was not that cold and, as a consequence, the effect of the mulled wine kind of softened but it pleases me to hear, you, the guests, appreciated. Thank you!

If you ever travel to Prague again or if you have friends coming this way - please never hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance you might need. Would be more than happy to help: peter.john@hotelclement.cz.

In the meantime I wish you all the best and thank you again for having stayed with us.

With best personal regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We have stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my partner during very busy time in Prague the Russian Christmas. And even though many hotels were getting filled up pretty quickly they were able to accomodate us.

Hotel s location is perfect since its so close to two big shopping centers and also walking distance to Charles bridge and restaurants located on the same street.

Rooms were extremely clean with Wi-fi connection directly inside our room which was so convenient. I understand that many surrounding hotels do not provide this service. Our bed first night wasnt too comfy but at our request the staff relocated us to a room with a king size bed and better shower. We were very pleased with the new room on the 8th floor. We had the view of the street and the river.

Continental breakfast was beyond our expectations. When we saw the great selection of the foods they offered we were blown away. They offered eggs, cereal and different types of fruits and breads. The coffee machine's latte was soo yummy!

The staff was extremely nice and attentive. Anytime we needed a cab or a wake up call they would kindly help. If we ever come back to Prague we will definitely revisit Hotel Clement. We appreciated their hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank martinaex

Dear MartinaEX

Greetings to Los Angeles - it reminds me of the time - over 30 years ago (unfortunately) when I was an Exchange Student and spent a great year as a Senior at John Burroughs High School in Burbank in the San Fernando Valley...

Just two words to tell you how much I appreciate your review and for you having taken the time to sit down and spend some of your precious time to let me know how you feel about your stay in Hotel Clement.

Thank you for all your compliments and I am very happy my staff were able to solve the issue with the bed/room and it turned out positively. I always ask guests to let me have their REQUIREMENTS when making a reservation but often we have to accommodate guests with very little additional information: would they prefer a double bed? or rather a room with two separate beds? Is this particular guest sensitive to street noise or noise in general? Is the reservation for two ladies or two gentlemen? I encourage all future guests to let me have as much detailed information as possible for us to be able to try to pick THE "perfect" room!

Please never hesitate to send me an info to: peter.john@hotelclement.cz

I am happy we were able to welcome you as our guests and I look forward to seeing you hopefully again in the not too distant future.

Best wishes, even if a little late, for a Happy and Successful New Year.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I spend a week in this hotel in December and it has been a very enjoyable stay. At the same price with the slightly more advertised Moods Hotel which is the next door, I was choosing this hotel for its very good reviews regarding the WiFi connection. I was not disappointed, the Wifi worked perfectly event at the top floors, inside the rooms. The staff was always smiling and willing to help and as a bonus of the stay we even got access to a printer to print our boarding passes. The room was large, very clean and with a nice bathroom and the breakfast was really delicious (many choices, including lots of veggies and fruits). The hotel is easily accessible through public transport (500-800 m walk to 2 nearest metro stations and 300m walk to a nearby tram station) and it is at walking distance to the main Prague attractions. A big Mall, Paladium, is also nearby.
I warmly recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay in Prague.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PolarTraveller307

Dear PolarTraveller307

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am happy to hear my employees took good care of you during your stay. This is the most important aspect for me. This feedback it what they need to hear in order to work hard and improve our product further. For them to hear they are on the right track, is a great motivation.

The location of the hotel is in fact very good - in the city center and still not in a noisy location. Klimentska street is a quiet side street but easily accessible by car.

The WiFi is one of the issues we solved since I took the management in March last year. We had constant complaints but as ANY traveler needs access to e-mail and internet these days, it was a worth while investment. Today we have an optical cable bringing the signal to the hotel and the new system works faultlessly - and is still free of charge for the guests to use.

I hope you had a good start into the new year - let me take the opportunity to wish you all the best for 2014 - much luck as well as happiness and good health.

Thank you for having stayed with us.

Kind regards, Peter

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed in the Hotel Clement just before Christmas as a base to see the town and Christmas markets. Our booking through PragueExperience.com (another excellent company) was easy and straightforward. Our voucher was instantly accepted on arrival. The two receptionists were friendly, efficient and very helpful - a very good welcoming experience.

Our room was on the fifth floor with a view down the street towards the river. The room was very clean, modern with a good, comfortable bed. We slept well on all three nights of our stay. The en-suite was modern, clean and well equipped. There was plenty of storage space, a TV with good reception (including English news channels) and tea/coffee making facilities.

The breakfast service was at a higher level than we expected for the price we paid. A full continental breakfast with fruit, cereals, meats, cheeses and pastries was available. What we didn't expect were the various hot dishes (eggs, bacon, beans, etc.) that were on offer. The service was extremely good - we got the idea that the staff had been told to keep moving and keep busy - everything was kept neat and tidy!

We chose the Hotel Clement because it was slightly out of town and we thought it would be quieter than in town. This was entirely true. The hotel was quiet and restful meaning that you could sleep well. It only took 10 minutes to walk at a slow place into the Old Town Square and about 15 minutes to the Charles Bridge. I would say it was a good base to explore the town.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were all polite, helpful and efficient - they are a credit to the hotel. On a couple of evenings we saw the General Manager in the reception area - he obviously believes in knowing what's going on - a good sign!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharleyFarley777
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear CharleyFarley777

Thank you very much for your kind and extensive review as well as for taking the time to write. We really enjoyed having been able to welcome you amongst our guests and we are very happy you had a good time whilst visiting the Golden City of Prague.

There is not much, I could possibly add to your note - except say: "Thank you for staying with us" and to let you know, we will continue to work very hard in 2014, in order to improve our service as well as the physical product. For example, I am planning to add a bell boy/porter to the Team in order to increase the service for our arriving and departing guests. We have also just signed up a professional maintenance company which will from now on support the in-house maintenance team with competence & guidance.

The breakfast has tremendously improved over last year but can still offer more variety and a range of products not yet on the buffet (e.g. smoked fish). I will also add a good coffee machine - for guests to taste a real Espresso or Latte Macchiato.

If at all possible, we will build a new and comfortable Lobby Bar.... As you can see, there are more than enough plans & ideas which should further improve the comfort of the guests as well as increase the profile of the hotel.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all best for the year to come - much luck, happiness as well as good health.

Thank you very much for your support!

With kind personal regards,