“Fantastic boutique hotel”

Hotel Clement Prague
Ranked #65 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friend and I have just returned from 3 nights in Prague and had the most fabulous time and the hotel really made the difference.

The staff are fabulous and welcoming. We had asked for a recomended room we had read about on TA but unfortunately when we arrived the room was not available. Instead we had a similar room with a view of the river for 1 night and then were upgraded free of charge to an executive room on the top floor with a beautiful view of the river and the city. I managed to leave some things in the old room and these were brought to the new room by the housekeeping staff.

The breakfast is varied and we were full every day. The hot food is unusual to the British as it is more like a main meal than a breakfast but this is very common in Easter Europe and there was a choice of eggs and sausages on each day as well as breads, cheeses, cold meats, cereals, fruit, yoghurt etc.

The hotel itself is located 5-10 minutes from the Old Town Square on a quiet street and is a very pleasent walk. We were two young girls on our own and fel very safe walking at night. Wencesles square is also about 10 minutes away by foot. Both of these have bars, restaurants, pubs and shops, as well as finding a restaurant on every other street corner, you will definitely not go hungry in Prague!

This rooms are of a good size. I have read some comments that they are small but having stayed in several countries around the world they were no smaller than most of these. The bathroom had complimentary shower gel, shower caps, manicure set and beauty set which was a wonderful touch. There are two lifts so never had to wait to get to the 9th floor.

I would highly recomend this hotel and and it's staff as the best place to stay in Prague and will definitely be returning. The staff at the front desk were wonderful, Veronika was really helpful to us throughout. Michael Gregor who is the Front Office Manager made a point of introducing himself to us and making sure we had everything we needed. The hotel Manager Peter cam and introduced himself too, spending quite a bit of time with us and when we were waiting for our Taxi, ensured we had a drink and even showed us some of the plans for the hotel which look wonderful. He is a credit to the hotel and really cares for it and for the guests.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and I really look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor and ask for a view of the river. We had room 802 and 902. If you can...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Ayelet S
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Ayelet
Dear Yvonne Beverley

Thank you so much for your kind note and for having taken so much of your time to write us this great review.

There is nothing I could add to make the description more complete. Yes, there is one thing: thank you for the comments regarding my staff. It feels very goo to hear you were treated nicely - in fact nothing "exceptional" - this is the way it SHOULD BE.

I appreciated having had some time to meet you personally and very much enjoyed getting to know you.Thank you very much for your visit. If you ever want to come back or if you have friends wishing to come this way - never hesitate to send me a note (peter.john@hotelclement.cz).

Hope to see you soon again.
Best regards to London,

Peter

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The Clement hotel in Klimentska Prague is a perfect place for a short break stay. This 4 star hotel offers modern surroundings, clean and comfortable rooms with multi channel tv, tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar, hairdryer and small safe in each room for valuables. The hotel only offers breakfast, however the food on offer each morning is varied and set in very pleasant surroundings. The hotel reception staff all speak excellent English and could not be more helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather D

Dear Heather D

Thank you for your kind note and review. It has been a great pleasure to be able to welcome you to Hotel Clement during your recent visit to Prague.

I am happy to hear you had a pleasant visit and all went well whilst staying at my hotel. We appreciate your compliments and can assure you, we will continue to work hard in order to improve the service further. Breakfast is great but we are working on a new concept and, e.g. as of October 1, guests will dispose of a brand new coffee machine which will GRIND fresh coffee beans and you can choose from Espresso, Cappuccino, Cafe Latte etc.

If you travel this way again, please be so kind to give us a call.

Than you for staying at Hotel Clement Prague.
Kind personal regards,

Peter John

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Recently the Dowager Queen and I stayed the hotel. It is well located in the old city. The reception staff, Petra, Veronica and Milina made us most welcome and offered every assistance. There are a number of restaurants in the vicinity.
Leaving the hotel and turning left, walking about 100meters along brings you onto the a main street. A supermarket is located on the street where any supplies can be purchased.

The rooms are adequate, clean and well maintained. My only complaint, that applies to a number of hotels, is that due to the height of the baths, getting into the bath to shower is slightly difficult when you are of advanced age.

The breakfast was adequate.The service was supplied by students who were polite and unintrusive.

We met the General Manager, Mr Johns, who displayed a genuine enthusiasm for his hotel. We hope the little koala found a good home.
We would be happy to stay in this hotel again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cnn1964

Dear CNN1964 - Greeings to Australia

It was a great pleasure being able to welcome you as our guest. We enjoyed your visit and I would like to thank you for having taken some of your precious time to write this kind review.

I am extremely pleased you felt the staff to be friendly and helpful. It is the KEY to "my" little project, to create a very personal and friendly - at the same time professional hotel. I have passed your positive comments to the three ladies at reception. Thank you!

As to your comment with regards to the showers combined with the bathtub - yes, this can be quite difficult. We have 15 rooms with shower only and I suggest, you ask for such a room on your next visit or generally when booking hotels (unless the hotel has bathrooms offering bathtubs AND separate shower). The better information the hotel has, the easier it is for me (or other hoteliers) to assign rooms to particular guests.

We really appreciated your visit and send you best greetings from the Golden City of Prague.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Really nice hotel with kind and professional staff, quiet location, not far from Vltava river, just 15 mins by walk to the centre. Rooms comfortable, I was lucky to get a balcony at top floor (3 rooms in the hotel) with nice view over roofs of Prague. Everybody could find something he/she likes at breakfast. No restaurant in the hotel but around the corner we found good restaurant Tobruk with nice meals.
Very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Top floor with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lcask

Dear Icask

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review with regards to your recent stay at Hotel Clement Prague.

We thank you for taking some of your precious time to do this. As a smaller, individual hotel, your review is of utmost importance to us.

Your lines are a perfect resume of this hotel: I have been in the city for almost 16 years (originally, I am from Switzerland) and can confirm, the location is great (city center but not loud and busy area - therefore quiet rooms), the hotel is clean and taken care of, the breakfast is above average and the peaceful courtyard allows you to have breakfast outside AND, all of my staff is great - kind, friendly and helpful.

If you ever come this way again, please never hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for having stayed at Hotel Clement.
Best regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel earlier this week and could not have asked for better. Located in the old town, on a relatively quiet street close to both the city and the river, the hotel is within easy walking distance of all the main attractions. Staff at the hotel were very welcoming and friendly and were only too pleased to help in any way possible. A special mention for Peter John, the General Manager, who personally welcomed me on arrival and took the time to ensure we and all his guests were always well looked after and that their needs were met, and that everything was to their satisfaction. Special mention also for front of house Michal and Petra who were also very welcoming and met every request made of them with smiles and efficiency.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable ,well laid out and furnished, and as we were on the 9th floor the views over the city were fantastic. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of hot and cold foods to choose from. There is also a small patio area in the middle of the hotel to enjoy a coffee or beer and relax after long days walking around Prague.
Overall a first class hotel which will definitely be top of my list should I ever return to Prague and which I have no hesitation in recommending to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: If possible, upgrade to the 9th floor for fantastic views across the city.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Willie A
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear William

Thank you for your kind and positive note. It is a sunny Sunday morning and I just read your message. Thank you so much. It was a pleasure being able to welcome you and your friends to Hotel Clement and the Golden City of Prague.

It sounds funny but, after over 30 years in hotels - and in different countries - I always say: if the hotel welcomes nice and friendly GUESTS - then it is "easy" for staff to be friendly too. The atmosphere of the hotel, the way the hotel "lives and works", is very important for its success. The guests contribute as much than the employees!

Thank you for having enjoyed the hotel, its staff (I will obviously pass your positive comments to Petra and Michal), the breakfast, the courtyard we created last year and the location of my hotel.

Dear William - I wish you all the best and please, never hesitate to contact me personally, should you need any help or assistance here in Prague.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This quaint hotel located in the heart of Old Town is the perfect launching pad to see Prague.Not in the very heart of the tourist district but an easy 5-15 minute walk to all major tourist sights.
The rooms are well appointed, though a little on the small side.
The breakfast was fantastic- great variety of breads,cakes,fruit, cheeses,spreads and hot dishes.
Brilliant wifi, all staff were very accommodating and a variety of restaurants with different cuisines were near by.
We would definitely come again!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nini S
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Nini S

Just a short note to thank you for your kind words and for letting me know, you appreciated staying with us and we were able to exceed your expectations.

The past year, since I took the management of the hotel, we greatly improved the main services of the hotel - the staff and their attitude (Front Office mainly - but everyone has been a great help); the rooms - with a fresh layer of paint, new carpets, new linen as well as towels; WiFi - complete new installation for our guests to able to communicate fast and reliably - with their loved ones at home or for work; breakfast - which has improved a great deal - on quality as well as variety and in the end also some "nice things to have" like the little courtyard for "al fresco dining" (breakfast) and decoration.

Projects which are coming up include a new coffee concept - with a professional coffee machine at breakfast for our guests to enjoy Espresso, Cappuccino etc. at discretion; the complete refurbishing of the 8th and 9th floor as well as the creation of a pleasant and cozy bar on the ground floor. I am fully aware the rooms are not very big - this is why the refurbishing project includes the idea to create a few number of larger rooms, joining two rooms into one.

As you can see - I still have quite some items left to do and as such, would love to welcome you back one day to show you how we progressed further.

Thank you for your support.

Greetings to Australia and thank you for having chosen Hotel Clement for your stay in Prague.

Best personal regards, Peter

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel is relatively new, which means its modern, as are its facilities. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful. Rooms are very clean, towels changed daily. The rooms are sometimes a bit small, but very well furnished, comfy bed. The breakfast is really good and has a wide variety to choose from. The location is great, five minute walk from the Paladium, and everything else is just five more minutes away. It was a great cozy hotel to spend three great nights in. Sits on a quiet street, so there's no annoying traffic noises at night or day. Would recommend it to anyone looking to get away for a few days in Prague, in a great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stas_Sh

Dear Stas_Sh

Sunny greetings to Israel!

Thank you very much for having spent a few precious minutes of your time to write a review of Hotel Clement. It is a pleasure to hear you had a good time in Prague and enjoyed your stay at my hotel.

We would like to thank YOU for having chosen Hotel Clement during your recent visit. Your positive feedback is the very best motivation for my staff as well as myself and it confirms, we are on the right track. We still have much work left to do in order to further improve the hotel. But is nice to know, the hard work pays off. Thank you!

Should you visit Prague again or have friends coming this way, please never hesitate to contact me personally. Would be happy to assist with the organization of your stay.

In the meantime I remain with kind regards,