“Simply great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Olomouc, Czech Republic
“Simply great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

If you are looking for a more quiet place, but close to the centre, this is the jewel in Prague 1.I´ve tried to book this boutique hotel on the last minute, but unfortunatelly they were fully booked, so I contacted the reception just in case and they have offered me an apartment, we were absolutelly delighted! It’s just cosy, clean, quiet and original. We were very satisfied and we absolutelly enjoyed our stay. I loved the massage ordered, which was agreeable retreat after long walking tours.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SarkaP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed 3 nights at Moods and had a mixed experience.

Location: approx 10 mins walk from main square. At first I was disappointed with this but came to appreciate the chance to get away from the crowds.

Rooms: we had a good size room, only booked the lead in category but was happy with the size. The safe was unusable for our electronic equipment because it was boiling hot in there. Left my iPad in there the first day but didn't use it again after it was so hot when I took it out. Heat seems to be from the fridge which the safe is sitting on. Ironically the fridge didn't keep drinks very cold!

My biggest complaint about the hotel is reserved for the bathroom. Definitely a case of form over function. It looks lovely but is downright dangerous. My husband took a very nasty fall out of the tub (shower over tub). The tub is quite high, sloped and extremely slippery. Once you lose your footing just slightly it's hard to get it back. Thank goodness he only sustained bruising an some tenderness, no ongoing problems.

Staff: a bit patchy, some were lovely including the trainee (sorry, I didn't get names). The basics are there, perhaps I would recommend taking it up to the next level, for example if staff are at desk with o other guests there, they should acknowledge you as you walk by.

Massage: I had a wonderful Thai massage, exactly what I needed. The treatment room was lovely. The price was excellent too

Car transfers: I arranged via email to be collected from the train station on arrival and this worked perfectly so we also had the hotel book a car for us to the airport when we left. I've read other reviews that say it's cheaper to get a taxi but I was very happy to go this way, it made our arrival and departure very stress free.

So while I have give a '3' this is a solid 3 to 4. Some adjustments certainly need to be made to the safety of the bathrooms and operation of the safe, consistency of staff performance but otherwise the hotel is doing a good job.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jwat6
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Nice rooms, good breakfast and the most helpful reception staff !!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

i was at the Moods hotel for 3 nights june 23-26 and on saturday june 25 ,i left the hotel for 2-3 hours to go to town ,when i was back my new Mac Air computer had disappeared with the charger.I informed reception and called the police who tool pictures and prints ,bur according to the electronic records only housekeeping had been in the room and she had seen the computer,so obviously the electronic system to open the door is not to be trusted .Furthermore i did not hear from the manager or anybody else about my loss and thier insurance to compensate me.I believe this is was an inside job and therefore it is not safe to stay in this hotel

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank trapianto
Moodsmanager, General Manager at MOODs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
We are terribly sorry that such case happened to you in our hotel. We are sorry about this situation as it is also damaging our hotel name and reputation even though such case happened the first time. We are co-operating very actively with the police to clarify the whole matter.
We purpose the best service to our clients as possible. That is why we have free of charge large safe with the size of notebook at each room and where is also the electricity connection to be able to charge it.
Again we are very sorry about such experience and we will keep in touch with you to update you on the information.
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Really nice bedroom and a really helpful staff. Perfect location in the center of Prague. We really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in May '11. Our choice was eased reading the reviews on T.A, it sounded perfect.

We arrived earlier than the specified check in time, but thought we'd see if our room was ready, luckily it was, and check in was quick and easy and the gentleman on the desk was enthusiastic and informative about what to do and see during our stay. What an encouraging start to our stay.

We were shown to our room, room one. First impressions was very nice, just like we had seen on the website. We put some bottled water in the fridge to cool and went out to explore. Upon our return several hours later, we realised the fridge was not working, everything in it was warm. The safe housed above it, containing our belongings was also hot. We informed reception and was told maintenance would not be available until the next day, but ensured us it would be dealt with. We retired to our bedroom, and put our warm glass of water on the bedside table, where it continued to slip off the table - The tables were sloping downwards.

In the morning I returned to reception and asked if the tables could be fixed as well as our fridge. Once again we went out exploring, returned some hours later, opened the fridge, the contents were still warm, the tables still sloped. I spoke to a member of staff on reception that claimed they could not understand what was the problem conveniently blamed on the language barrier.

I felt my intelligence was insulted, were we not supposed to notice that our requests to fix the relatively small problems had seemingly been ignored?

Unfortunately, this marred what could have been a perfect stay in Prague. The bed was very comfortable, but far too big for the room. First impressions; the bathroom was very nice but not very practical. If you stepped too far out of the bath you could have stepped into the toilet bowl, and the shower screen might as well not have been there, it was impossible to shower without the floor getting soaking wet.

Upon check out, we weren't asked if everything was ok. But I guess it didn't matter, you already had my money. Nothing like good customer service!

The only plus point i'd give this hotel is the extensive choice at Breakfast. Should we return to Prague we'll be looking for alternative accommodation.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SoulfulMinx
Moodsmanager, General Manager at MOODs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Thank you for your review and your stay at Hotel Moods. I am very sorry that our technician was not able to fix your requests during stay. We made all the necessary steps to increase our service for the future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

This was an excellent choice whilst staying in Prague. It was about 30 minutes from the airport and once I had the GPS system set up in the car it wasn't so difficult to find.

When we arrived it was almost out of a 'story book'. An old street, in a very old city, in an old building but inside the place was stylishly decorated. Modern - boutique type set-up with good sized room and exceptionally comfortable beds. The bathroom was large with a bath and a spa. Sitting back in the bath with a glass of champagne was a real luxury.

It was only a quick 5 minute drive into the centre of the city. Here you find old cobble stones streets, cafes, restaurants and bars. The feeling was happy and the city seemed vibrant which was quite appropriate as the hotel we were staying in was called 'Moods' and I was in a good mood for the entire time here.

The breakfast in the morning was fresh and plentiful. There was lots to choose from in the buffet/continental breakfast selection. The staff were courteous and friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The internet connection in the downstairs foyer was good and my iPad had no problem at all picking up a signal.

It is about 100 meters from the Vltava River. Prague is home to a number of famous cultural attractions, many of which survived the violence and destruction of twentieth century Europe. Main attractions include Prague Castle, the Charles Bridge, Old Town Square, the Jewish Quarter, the Lennon Wall, and Petřín hill. Since 1992, the extensive historic centre of Prague has been included in the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites. It's a sight to behold

Room Tip: Moods is a great place to stay visiting