Hotel Donatello
  • Pool
US$175
US$157
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$141
US$325
US$267
Preferred Hotels
US$74
US$71
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral squareminute walktram stationevery morningwould stay here againold townprague castleperfect locationreceptionfridgebath
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Nice hotel, great service, very kind, helpful and bright reception. I've enjoyed my stay there and surely next time in Prague will be Donatello my first choice where to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We visited this hotel with my wife in September and were pleasantly surprised by how cozy and close to the city center this hotel was.
The reception is open 24hrs and the staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending a good restaurant to enjoy typical Czech cuisine.
The room we were staying in was clean and quiet, as the hotel is located on a side street, so not even the rush of traffic nearby disturbed us at night.
Breakfast was abundant and tasty, well worth the price.
Nothing to complain about, really. We are looking forward to visiting this hotel again in the near future, perhaps even still this year, when we are returning to Prague for the Christmas holidays.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Clean rooms, helpful staff, nice place and really tasteful breakfast. I can recommended and I am planning to get back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Aside from the large pleasant room and the location I would certainly not recommend this hotel.

I booked a larger 'honeymoon suite' for a romantic 4 day trip with my boyfriend. The room was advertised this way on the website: 'If you want to spend romantic weekend in Prague our hotel offers You Honeymoon Service in a double room with king size bed, luxurious bathroom with extra size bathtub for 2 and bottle of Bohemia Sekt, flowers and fruit bowl included in price.'

The fact that the 'fruitbowl' was a wine glass of (partly mouldy) strawberries was the least of our worries...

In addition to the bedroom, the suite comprised a tiny dank bathroom (with a broken shower head and hair dryer) and a very poorly decorated kitchenette. Once I stepped out of the bedroom I felt as though I was in a hostel.

The hair dryer was 'fixed' with sellotape when I mentioned that it was broken, and although they fixed the shower head it was still impossible to have a shower without completely drenching the floor.

The mattress on king size bed was very comfortable I was generally pleased with sleep quality, however, the bed broke in the middle of the night, waking us both up. When I mentioned it to the person on reception she responded extremely rudely with a shrug. I had expected an apology but none was forthcoming. I felt very upset by this so I suggested that they apologise, to which she responded 'well I didn't do it'.

The breakfast room, which looks lovely on the pictures is actually a terribly depressing room. The breakfast itself was not to my taste (being a veggie) but others might have been satisfied with it. However, I will say that the coffee was very weak and the bread felt stale every morning on each of the 4 days on which we stayed.

The hotel used their own exchange rate of 26.6 Czech koruna (rather than the 28.8 everywhere else during our stay). They couldn't take payment in other currencies which meant that I was actually charged £20 extra for the room than I had expected. Payment was taken on arrival - before we were shown the room. I now wonder whether this is because they are trying to avoid dissatisfied customers from refusing to pay the full price on departure.

I would definitely not recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salbuds
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I would like to thank all the stuff!! they were very helpful. I spent 3nights with my fiancee in this lovely hotel. We had a room on the top floor and it was really quiet. Cleanness was perfect everytime! Very good breakasts with plenty of food. Prague was nice, even we were there when it was raining almost all the time. I hope we will have another chance to get back, to the hotel Donatello and to Prague!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple