“Great way to see and learn a lot in a short time”

Private Prague Guide Day Tours
Ranked #69 of 538 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Tailor-made tours: Experience Prague as a local. Licensed, experienced and fun tour guides. Day trips in and from Prague.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I originally booked our tours, the 4 hour each Right and Left Banks, for my husband and myself. We were traveling with 12 other people, who upon learning of our plans, wanted to come too. I was unable to contact the office prior to our guide showing. Needless to say, she was quite surprised when all of a sudden we were 14. She handled it beautifully and successfully guided us both days, making sure we were all together and accommodating the different walking abilities. Our guide's name is Hana Pepperna, and she was excellent and a lovely person to spend the time with. Her English is quite good and she was very easy to understand. Her knowledge of Prague is also very good. She knows her history, the different types of architecture etc., and was able to answer any questions we had. We all felt we saw as much as possible in the time allotted and learned a tremendous amount. I can't imagine trying to see and do as much as we did without using tour guides. I definitely recommend Private Prague Guide Day Tours for the quality of the tours themselves and most especially our guide, Hana.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

After leaving a Viking Budapest-Passau river cruise, we wanted to go to Prague, but wanted to stop off at a UNESCO site, Cesky Krumlov, in route. We booked with Jay's team at Private Prague Guide Day Tours. We weren't sure if anyone would meet us at the boat or if our down payment would just disappear into internet heaven. What a pleasant surprise. Premysl arrived 20 minutes early with spotless, spacious car and much graciousness. Premysl is a walking encyclopedia of the entire region. Premysl's tour of the village of Cesky Krumlov, was thorough and interesting with hundreds of dates of events I will never remember. He sets the pace at your pace and even suggested we try a Trdelnik....yum..(try the almond or cinnamon). You have to use the castle's tours for getting inside the rooms...but this was a bust for us. Too large a group, no microphones on the tour guide, and less than spectacular castle made us longing to get back to Premyls and continue our trip to Prague. Darling city, though, so it is worth the trip. Continuing a beautiful drive to Prague, Premysl deposited us at our hotel. He spent 8 hours with us, answered every question, and taught us more history than I ever learned in any European History class; and he was still smiling at the end. This was a great way to transfer from Viking to Prague without another large group bus ride. Great experience...try it! Joan- Minneapolis, MN

2  Thank Joan B
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had an excellent experience with Jay and his team. We used them for a trip from Prague to Pilzen, airport transportation and for some transportation around Prague. Service level was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank J L
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Needless to say ,after four days of attending to clothing and medication issues had really adversely affected our time in Prague . Also one less day in Prague,a wonderful city I would love to really visit in the future. So on to Nuremberg ,to catch our Viking River Cruise. In Plzen,I needed to do more shopping,our guide was gracious at change in plans and we did get taken to main square cathedral.He was so very knowledgeable he was a delight.My husband and I can really recommend Jay's service and drivers, hoping to see Prague with my luggage next time!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 31 May 2014

With only 3 days in Czech Republic, we would definitely not be able explore Prague and places around on our own, that's why we chose Private Prague Guide. We were lucky to have Premysl as our guide for Vienna-Cesky Krumlov-Prague tour and the day trip to Auschwitz from Prague.

Prem was a knowledgeable guide as he was able to give us insights in different aspects, from History to Chemistry when we were on the way to the attractions. All in all, he was able to accommodate our needs and gave us more than we expected. Thank you so much!

3  Thank ckyuewilson