“Good food, helpful service, value for money”

Touch Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #3,172 of 5,470 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Kent
“Good food, helpful service, value for money”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Visited Touch with my partner on 2nd Feb, they have a no smoking section at the front, smokers go out the back of the restaurant. 2 waiters, unobtrusive and helpful. I had carpaccio of beetroot with goats cheese parfait, he had fois gras pate with cranberries and a sort of toffee apple sauce which worked well. I then had the goulash and dumplings which was rich and very tasty, he had ribs. They were cooked beautifully however if you like sauce/gravy with your food don't have them as they are dry. Deserts were fine but now realise that the Czechs don't do sweet. An offer gave us 35% off our bill so meal came to £53 including a litre of good house red.

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Great food, nice setting. Pricing was very reasonable.

Visited January 2012
3 Thank Natalie A
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, served by the best waiter I've ever had. Do not miss it!”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Me and my girlfriend were visiting Prague and wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner without going bankrupt. We saw from tripadvisor that the location was v good (a quick walk from Republic Square - away from the tourist traps). The reviews were very good so we decided to check it out.

The atmosphere in Touch is fantastic - modern but without the cold sterility that often accompanies this. Jan, our waiter was extremely friendly to us and enthusiastic about his work. True to the restaurant's ethos of sourcing ingredients locally for the best possible quality and flavour, he explained where exactly in Czech Rep our food and wine was from and how it is prepared.

When the food arrived we were both highly satisfied with the presentation and quality of our meals. I would recommend the Beef Carpaccio to start and the Bohemian Goulash for main course, they were both expertly seasoned and the goulash had a real spice to it, which I love. Dessert was equally great, but as we were taking our time to enjoy all of this great food, we had to share!

After our meal (and to our surprise), Jan brought over 3 shots of a Czech spirit made from plums which we all shared. It was a very nice touch to end a great evening.

We had an excellent time at Touch and I'm sure you will too. We went twice and will no doubt be visiting again in the future!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank TouristScotsman
“Good experience but probably wouldn't voluntarily go there again”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I went there because I wanted to try some Czech specialties and they had some on the menu so i thought I'd try it. Portion sizes are very generous, had a goat cheese salad, which was great. Decided to try the goulash with dumplings, didn't really like it, not sure if it was the way the restaurant makes it or if it's the dish in general that I didn't like. it was the only czech restaurant i visited so can't really compare. Good service.

• Visited January 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Firm Christmas fine dinnnig time with Touch!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I had a all around great experience from this little in size but great in value restaurant! Every course that came on our table was really special . Staff is enthusiastic and you sure can see that they enjoy what they do which is delivering the love of food right to their customers! I would recommend this Touch restaurant that I have been touched by to everybody who would like to get to know what is the love of food about!

• Visited December 2011