“Sad and sorry excuse for a show”

All Colours Theatre
Ranked #40 of 138 Concerts & Shows in Prague
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Sad and sorry excuse for a show”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I recalled seeing a black light theatre show in my childhood and thought it was just magical. Even though I read some different reviews I thought I'd give this a go. They were seeing tickets next to one of the national theatre buildings so I thought this might be the best of the bunch. The show was called something to do with Frankenstein, but this was just a sorry excuse to link together a whole lot of unrelated scenes to show off gimicky effects (a train trip that takes in Paris, the Tirol etc, an underwater scene and on it goes) that had very little to do with Mary Shelley's gothic tale - truly she should be turning in her grave. Admittedly some of the performers are quite talented and obviously have performing arts backgrounds, how they keep doing this night after night i don't know. Obviously they need the income. Many of the props are past their use by date too, and aren't even all that well painted. I get insulted when people say these shows are 'just for tourists'.... lots of tourists are experienced performing arts goers and don't deserve to be insulted with this kind of show! I couldn't wait for it to end - i would have left earlier but I would have had to crawl over the laps of others in my row.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sue D

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“truly awful!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

do NOT waste your money on this theatre! we went to the see the Frankenstein production and it states its for all ages, in actual fact children would also get easily bored. on hindsight i wish we had just walked out as it was such a waste of out time. very poor acting, absolutely no storyline and very tedious. it was TERRIBLE, other guests thought the same as we got talking to them during the interval.
Spend your money elsewhere! The cost was £18 each.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank 1980rlc
Lisbon, Portugal
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“different and entertaining”
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Not amazing but very entertaining and fun. It was worth the experience.

Visited June 2010
St Austell, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“INCREDIBLY CLEVER! LIKE NOTHING WE'VE SEEN BEFORE!”
Reviewed 17 December 2010

My husband and I went to the Black Light Theatre as we thought it looked quite fun. When we sat down and the lights went out, it was pitch black! The show that followed was superb. I would recommend it to anyone! We had lit spheres floating past our heads, dancers in suits that were lit, performing the most spectacular movements. It was very arty and very captivating. We both really enjoyed it and it is really worth a visit. It will keep you enthralled throughout, it was simply brilliant!

2 Thank Taylorposseforever
Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“ACT - All Colour theatre , Total waste of time and money”
Reviewed 2 October 2009

There are numerous black light theatres in Prague. Maybe some are better. I went to the ACT black light show as it was recommended by one of the Prague tourist information cashiers. The play was infantile, not at all impressing. The hall is just a little room with rows of wooden chairs and a stage . The play wasn't at all funny.
I stayed till the end of the show, hoping it would get better but it didn't. It costs 500 Ck, 400 Ck for students.
A total waste of time and money.

3 Thank metayelet2