“Poor customer service”
Review of Herrmes

Herrmes
Ranked #222 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was given a plastic key card which didn't work and had to be recharged several times. On the last day the card snapped in half. I was not allowed into my room until I paid 70 CZK to replace the card. It's an example of poor customer service and ridiculous policy.

You get one towel daily, the thinnest I have ever seen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary T
David H, Manager at Herrmes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Mary T,
thank you for staying with us and sharing your impressions. I am really sorry that you have bad experience with our card but if your card was little bit broken (before useage) you should ask for exchange. Our cleaning staff change towels every day if customer puts towels on the floor. Each guest gets one small towel and one big towel. We hope you will give us an opportunity to change your perception of our property in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Herrmes

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Clean and new furnished hotel, 15 minute to center by metro, easy access from the airport with bus 100 + metro, fair and fresh breakfast, nice staff, good price, you can buy transport tickets from the lobby

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holiday_Addict_3_10

Dear Holiday_Addict_3_10,

Thank you very much for staying at Hotel HERRMES during your recent visit of Czech republic. I was delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable time at our hotel. I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. :)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Nice hotel very close to the underground station.
It's not in the city centre but is reachable in 10 minutes

I Suggest for all people, which want an comfortable , clean and nice room for reasonable price.
The Staff is very helpful. We get a right information for the night club, with voucher for free drink.

Inside the hotel is safety parking place on request.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank edvardt

Dear Edvardt,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your review with us. With great pleasure I was reading that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Looking forward to see you again in a near future :)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent hotel for travelers, 2 minutes to metro station, 15-20 minutes to historical center of the city.
If some one will ask us there to stay in Prague this would be the only option.
FYI you can buy transport tickets in lobby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mardamon

Dear Mardamon,

It is so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and ÿou would come back again. It is pleasure for us and we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Plenty written about the excellent value of this place elsewhere.
This is a great hotel for business in Prague, good connections to the centre and yet perfect for the airport, easy access by car and secure parking. It is also in an area popular with expats for similar reasons.
For the tourist I would recommend it as well. A cheap ticket gets you quickly from the airport (bus 100 to ZLIČÍN then 6 stops on metro) and its quick by Metro into town or for those in the know down to Smíchov for local life.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Strunkovice

Dear Strunkovice,

Thank you very much for your nice letters. We are glad you recommend our hotel to business as well as holiday travellers. We thank you again and wish you all the best:)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I went on a business trip to Prague and had no idea where to stay. I checked Trip Advisor and after looking at a number of properties, I selected Hotel Herrmes. When the cab brought me from the airport to the hotel, I started thinking, "What in the heck have I done." We seemed to be in an industrial area and we definitely weren't in the town center. Once I was dropped off, the hotel looked new and almost out of place for the neighborhood. The staff was very pleasant. One of the first things I noticed as I checked was an award from Trip Advisor for one of the best budget hotels in Prague. It definitely was. The room and bed were comfortable and the complementary breakfast was excellent. Great value! Yes, it was a distance from the city center but there is a metro (subway) station literally 300 yards from the hotel. Four to five stops and you are in Prague center. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert S

Dear Robert S,

Thank you so much for your lovely and true review. You made me laugh when you talked about the surrounding:) I agree by the time you visited us it wasnt very developed area in here. But if you come back you will see a new business center with shops, restaurants as well as nice new family houses. We hope to see you again :)

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Herrmes is simply great. Secure private free parking on site; Metro station a two minute walk away; great modern, clean, air conditioned rooms; great breakfast included; very friendly staff, (especially Voitek). When we recommend Prague hotels to friends, Herrmes is our top recommendation. Safe, clean, good location and good value for the money.

Room Tip: We have stayed there many times in many different rooms. All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert B

Hello Robert B,

thank you very muc for your nice review. We appreciate our guests who take their time to write a review. We wish you good healt, wealth and happiness :)