“Choose your Deck”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Choose your Deck”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was recommended by a friend so gave it a go!
Meal is pretty average but OK. Good views from boat of all the sites at night.
Music was really good assuming you like jazz. The band is on the lower deck which got pretty hot! We went on the upper deck to eat and had the music through speakers and then went to the lower deck later.
A good value trip

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice evening experience”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Jazz boat is a Dinner cruise on the river Danube. We booked our seats through the hotel and the boat was to depart at 8 PM. We reached there on time. our seats were allocated and we sat down and had a great time. the music was good. The boat took us up and down the river and we had the most amazing view Prague by night. not only was the view beautiful the experience was also very nice. The ride ends at 11 PM. the view at night is spectacular.

1 Thank bdhandhania
atlanta
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“VERY good, just not quite perfect..”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you're a musician you will love this tour without a doubt. I would recommend looking at the youtube clips of the different bands on their website to know WHAT TYPE of band you're going to hear (if that's important to you) I was REALLY happy with the band! We split a nice bottle of Pinotage that was about 490 Czeck Crowns and that was all. We had dinner before the cruise so I don't know if the food was great or not. Caution: If you want to be at a table for two that's what you should book. We saw a number of people who reserved two seats at a table for four and were actually surprised when another couple was sat at their table (!) The shows sell out quickly, so get your tickets in advance. The only two things I didn't care for were, they don't turn out the overhead lights when it gets dark, so the candlelight on your table isn't really effective. It also makes it really hard to see the lovely city lit up outside your window. If you want to see the city you have to go upstairs where there were people smoking. Also, it was HOT inside downstairs! Hot and bright lights does NOT make for the romantic cruise I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong, the music made up for it - but they need to pay a bit more attention to the details...

2 Thank saxpilot
Loughrea
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Pros and cons, so know what you want and what you're getting! ”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Pros:
drinks are brought to you so you don't need to keep walking to the bar
Views are beautiful and the sunset is fabulous
Music was fantastic and most reviews say the same
Each night has different genre of jazz and usually a link to the band playing that night (make sure you check the second you arrive or before hand online so you dont miss out)
It's long enough to have an evening out and not too long that you're rushing to get off
If you're prepared to leave any attitude at the door and accept that you're not stepping onto a 5 star liner, youll love it!!
Takes payment for drinks through card, in our case laser. (***however!!! Must pay by cash when entering!)

Cons:
You're probably sharing a table with other people
Food look awful, and reviews will generally back this up (hence why we didn't opt for the dinner experience!)
Ship is not brand spanking new and it can feel a little stuffy
You may not be seated near the band and the later you are booking or getting onto the ship, the less of a choice you have as to where you'll end up!
As mentioned above, tickets need cash for payment when coming onboard

Overall, once I had a few drinks and really got into the music it was a surprisingly great night, however I could understand how some may not see the appeal. Read a few more reviews before committing and make sure you check what genres are on as soon as you get to Prague so you don't miss something you really want to see!!! I really loved it. Hope you do too!

Windsor, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Jazz It Is”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We visited in June, luckily, day temperature was at an average of 17-20, sunny and clear during the day but cold and breezy at night...relation to the review? Well, after a day's worth of walking around, this was a perfect finish. I'd recommend booking it online because then you can select your seats, reflect on what you'd like to eat while on board and which performer to watch. I'd definitely recommend jazz, after all, it's the jazz boat right ;p There was a complimentary welcome glass of wine. The jazz band was very good. Food choices I believe were Czech local cuisine which didn't amaze me. So with that, I'd recommend having dinner off board and then just have wine or coffee with some dessert cakes or cheese and biscuit selection on board instead. You can go up the deck at any time to see the view and take pictures. The ride finishes late at night so I'd suggest booking a taxi to collect you from the port or make sure you've studied how to get to train/tram/bus station beforehand. I'd definitely recommend this activity.

To book tickets and learn more, visit their site:
www.jazzboat.cz/