I would not advise people to stay at this hotel for the following reasons:
1.On arrival, we were downgraded to an appartment hotel which had been graded a three star however in ireland this would not make 1 star.
2.The hotel charged the full amount for the stay on arrival rather than than the deposit and the outstanding amount on departure.
3.Reasonable reasons for the change of hotel was not given, although it was later disclosed by a member of staff that the hotel often overbooks. It was also suggested by staff that if the hotel charged more to tourist than this (i.e. overbooking) would not happen.
3.Customer service was atrocious and certainly staff did not make us feel welcomed.
4.On two of the three mornings we arrived down for breakfast at 10,00am and there was no bread or english breakfast tea left. When we mentioned it to staff, they pointed us in the direction of the table and no further efforts were made to see if there was anymore stock left in the kitchen. On the last morning we were down at 9.00am and luckily we had some croissants and tea.
5.The rooms were also not sound proof and doors were heard being constantly banged closed on the Friday night/saturday morning
6. There were no tea and coffee facilities in the room and only net curtains in the room.
7. We booked a twin room but we all we got was a double bed and a single camp bed which was not suitable for sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- : In an ideal location for visiting Prague in absolute comfort in the heart of the Jewish Quarter 30 m away . from the Spanish Synagogue, 3 minutes walk from Namesti Starometke, 100 m. from Via Pariska, famous for its beautiful art nouveau buildings and the shops of the most prestigious brands in the world, housed in a liberty building of 1908, the Hotel Caruso, with new Italian management, offers elegant interiors and well furnished, rooms equipped with every comfort, minibar, safes, free Wi-Fi, flat screen satellite TV, direct dial telephone.The breakfast buffet, including delicious sweets mostly home-cooked, with cheese andItalian salami and Czech, salads and fruit, definitely represents the added value of the hotel.The bar offers an excellent espresso coffee ,a wide range of cocktails and Italian wines.A fine restaurant with excellent Italian cuisine is located in the cellar , where it is possible to book half-board with fixed menu or a la carte. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Caruso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.