“Great Lunch, Authentic Ambience”
Review of Pivnice Jedovka

Pivnice Jedovka
Ranked #3,994 of 5,706 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$2 - US$24
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Typical czech bohemian beergarden and pub close to Wenceslav square in Vodickova street 17. We offer an outdoor seating for up to 120 persons and restaurant for 200 people inside. Pilsner beer from newest tank technology and modern touch of czech cuiseine makes our restaurant very ineteresting at your hollidays. We offer spaces for big groups or individuals, smoking and non-smoking area.
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Our daughter brought us here for lunch, and we really enjoyed it. The restaurant was off the beaten path, and I think we were the only tourists in there. They were busy, and the service wasn't fast, but that seems to be typical--not in the american rush to turn the tables. The food was very good and the prices excellent. I'd recommend it!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The pub looks good at first sight, but all 10 beers we drunk was tapped undersized and finally they refused credit card payment late evening.

1  Thank Jan F
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We visited this establishment on a week night to try the raspberry beer posted on the outside menu. The host seating us was not very hospitable (which should have been a major clue to the evening) and the older male waiter was not very friendly. After requesting some raspberry beers we were told that the bar was out of that drink. After requesting a menu to order some snacks to go with the drinks an order was placed for garlic toast (not inexpensive as per the menu). The waiter brought out 4 small pieces of toasted bread with a side of garlic cloves...To my credit, I at least did not laugh aloud at this offering from the kitchen. We quickly paid our bill in cash (no credit cards allowed) after finishing a single drink and left to find a better dining alternative for the evening.

1  Thank TallyHoTraveller_13
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I asked a local where I could eat typical Czech food at good prices and he suggested that I went to this restaurant. What I found was delicious food at competitive prices. Although the waiters were not so kind, the atmosphere was friendly and the position is great. I heartily recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We arrived at about 6.45 on a Tuesday and although there seemed to be space upstairs where everything appeared to be happening, we were ushered down to the basement which was almost deserted. Such was the cold temperature and atmosphere down here that I was forced to put my overcoat back on. Thankfully the order was taken quickly and the food followed promptly. The three of us all enjoyed this but it was noticeable that instead of the usual overgenerous basket of bread so far supplied with every meal we had in Prague, none was forthcoming. In a more convivial atmosphere we would have gone for desserts, coffee etc but it was decided to cut and run, a tip was left because the waiter claimed to have no change for the note offered and we told him to keep the change rather than spend any more time there waiting for him to sort it out,

1  Thank Mouseman49