“Yumm ”

Karachi, Pakistan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Yumm ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Great music and even better food! Prague isn't exactly well known in the culinary department, but the burger here was one of the best I've had! Had it twice in the same day.

• Czech first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a find”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

What a brilliant venue - full marks to whoever had the idea to build this jutting into the river (with full floor to celing windows) overlooking the river and lock gates. River cruise ships going past all the time. MaBaSo - brilliant - it's hard to find live music that musicians themselves appreciate. Also, food available. We would have been there every night if we'd discovered it sooner!

Visited April 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Smoking place but has great atmosphere and delicious food”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I visited this place with my spouse yesterday.

At first, I was not convinced about visiting this place, cause smoking is allowed there. But they have efficient airconditioning system and the air was almost clean, even when most of visitors were smoking.

The atmosphere is really nice - the bar is well decorated with awesome view through the glass wall to Vltava river lock. When the band played, the lights were turned off, which made the atmosphere unbeatable.

Coctails were ok and food had an idea and was delicious (only my chicken roll needed a bit more salt, but no problem). My girlfriend took an awesome hotdog which was also great. They had also very nice selection of wines (with very nice prices starting on 270 a bottle).

We paid for the whole evening (3hours) 600czk for food & beverages and 300czk the entrance fee - so considering the place, it is quite cheap to party here.

I am definitely coming back again - but cannot give 5* due to the smoking allowance !

TIP: If you are visiting with wheelchair, better call there in advance and ask if it is accessible - I dont think so due to many stairs.

Visited March 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Jazz Dock smoke free ?”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I made a return visit to Jazz Dock on Friday 7th Feb 2014, I was told before that it was all smoking which I did not like as I wanted to sample the food menu, so when I got there I found they had a no smoking night, it was great, the air was clean, the food tasted great and the music was top class, also the service was superb.
I think if the management can continue to make this a non smoking venue they will have more customers and serve lots more of the great food on offer.
Well done Jazz Dock, the way ahead is NON SMOKING, keep it up and we for sure will be back as we live in Prague a long time.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank IanPrague
Edinburgh
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Laid back blues and jazz venue”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We went to Jazz Dock (which really is a building on a dock) on a Tuesday night thanks to a recommendation from the jazz pianist (Tomas?) we'd met elsewhere the night before. He was also in the band at the Jazz Dock, and they played a cracking set, some covers and some their own songs, most of which had a strong American blues influence.

It kicked off around 10pm and finished a bit before 1am, the admission was pretty reasonable (the equivalent of £3-4 from memory), and the drinks weren't expensive either. The one thing that was a little odd for us, now used to non-smoking venues in the UK, was the smoke, but it didn't detract from our enjoyment. If you like jazz or blues and are in the centre of Prague for a night, this is well worth a visit.

Visited November 2013