“Marketa, Tereza, Vida: they made our trip wonderful!”
Review of Caput Regni Tours

Caput Regni Tours
Ranked #20 of 536 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private guided tours run by Caput Regni team of fully-licensed, enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgeable Czech guides. Apart of General sightseeing tours around the city to discover the most famous Prague sights, we also specialize on popular Off-the-beaten track tours (Zizkov quarter, Vysehrad fortress, Troja chateau) and/or tours focused on a special topic (Jewish Museum tour, Architecture and contemporary street art tour, Communist legacy tour, Czech culture and Czech cuisine tour...etc). We focus on Tailor-made entertaining tours for families with children and young adults, too. We also arrange: Private day trips outside Prague. Private car/minivan transfers to European cities. Languages of tours: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just returned from five days in Prague. Our guide was Marketa Hradecka, owner of Caput Regni. She was nothing short of spectacular. We had many emails back and forth in planning our stay, as she sought to find out what our interests were and create an individualized trip. When I said that my husband couldn't walk long distances, she provided an electric scooter, so he could sit and drive while we walked. She thought of EVERYTHING, including restaurants and off the beaten track activities. She's delightful, knowledgeable, fun, attentive, absolutely everything you might want and more. AND I thought her prices were quite reasonable.

One day she came with a car instead of the scooter so we could go out to the suburbs to see the TV tower with the sculptures of babies climbing up and down! And then went for lunch to what I have come to know is a famous local pub, Usadu, with at least 15 microbrews on draught that you'll not find anywhere else.

For two days, she provided other guides, Vida one day and Tereza another. Each was different in age and life experience. Both were superb, sharing their lives and histories with us which greatly enhanced our understanding of the city and the country.
I can't imagine the success of our trip without this team of three remarkable women. I'd be glad to tell you more if you'd like.

1  Thank rabddoug

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I took two tours with Marketa; one of Prague and another tour that was custom tailored to our request to see the Novosad Glass factory in Northern Czech Republic. The Prague tour was informative and enjoyable; Marketa injected a deep knowledge of the city and Czech history. Marketa was easy and fun to be with for the four hours; like being with family. Our special request tour to the glass factory was completely tailored to our wishes and Marketa even surprised us with a little side trip to a beautiful waterfall in the mountain countryside. My wife and I were so pleased with our tours and think so highly of Marketa, her professionalism, and her ability to make our tours special. I would recommend Marketa to anyone and would go as far as saying, if you don’t call Marketa at Caput Regni Private Tours you are likely to miss out on something special.

2  Thank mikeseiss
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our first time to Prague and only a couple of days to take in this incredible city. The best decision we made was to contact Marketa. She responded immediately and set up two half day tours with Alena and Lea. Both were extremely knowledgable, flexible and pleasant. We felt we got a great overview of the city and it's history , saw all the major sights and received good recommendations on things to do when we were on our own. I would not hesitate to recommend "Caput Regni Private Tours"!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I contacted Marketa only a couple of days before we were due to arrive in Prague on a quick 3 day visit and just hoped she could help us out with tours at such short notice. Her response was quick and efficient and Lea and Alena, two girls from her team, were assigned to us on 2 consecutive days. We toured the Castle and its surrounds in 3 hours with Alena and the Old Town and parts of Lesser Town in 4 hours with Lea. Both girls were very knowledgeable and absolutely charming. They gave us a really great introduction to Prague and we saw far, far more in a short time than we could ever have managed on our own. They also allowed us to do things at our own pace - stopping for coffee and ice-cream on the way. All in all we had a lovely couple of days and hope to return. I would recommend contacting Marketa to anyone visiting Prague for the first time.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I contacted Marketa based on a referral, and I am glad I did. Marketa arranged two private tours for my husband and I. The day we arrived we met Marky for a tour of the castle town ....Marky was lovely. She met us at our hotel and we took the tram up to the castle. She is a wealth of information and just nice to be with! We spent 4 hours with Marky and learned so much from a historical, political, architectural, and cultural standpoint. It was nice to end our tour at the brewery where we all enjoyed a beer and some appetizers! The next morning Alena met us at our hotel and we toured Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, and Old Town! She too was a wealth of information! It was very nice to have her perspective too! If you have limited time in Prague, make the most of your time and let Marketa plan your tours!!