Open today: 10:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Superb Tour Design and Great Guides

We used Marketa and her Caput Regni Tours on our first visit to Prague several years ago. We liked... read more

Reviewed 28 January 2019
Silverstreak46
Vienna, Virginia
a joyful experience

Our family of five spent two days in Prague and had two tours organized by Marketa. One guided by... read more

Reviewed 9 January 2019
famtrav007
Westport, Connecticut

All reviews private tour jewish quarter czech republic lesser town old town hour tour memorable tour kutna hora spent days in prague beautiful city personal guide prague castle charles bridge wonderful guide velvet revolution excellent tour four hours
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Marketa and her team were recommended to me by a colleague for tours in Prague. I had such a easy time setting everything up well in advance via email with Marketa, and while she wasn't available during our time in Prague, she paired us with Sarka, who was absolutely amazing. I cannot recommend this group or our guide more. They were outstanding. I even threw a curve ball 48 hours before our first scheduled tour-- my father was having a hard time getting around so I asked Marketa if we could also have a car and she was able to secure one. My father wouldn't have been able to tour without it, and we were all so grateful for her help. We did two 4 hour tours with Sarka, and we really feel we got the full experience of Prague in that time. We learned so much about this wonderful city and saw all the spots that were recommended. I would also highly recommend the private tour of the Strahov Monastic Libraries. I was completely wowed by this experience! Thank you to Sarka and Marketa for a fabulous time!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Marketa was an excellent tour guide--so informative and interactive. We learned so much about the history of this beautiful city but also we heard great stories about the city and about life in this part of the world. Marketa had a great plan for the day but was also flexible as we went along which made our experience even more enjoyable and memorable :)

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Marketa was recommended to us by friends from the States who had booked her last winter. She met us on our first full day in Prague and gave us a wonderful overview of the Old Town, the city's history (both ancient and modern), and took us to the best ice cream shop in town. The tour was well paced and the right amount of walking. We covered a lot of ground, but had time to stop and learn interesting facts about the city. She will customize a tour depending on your interests, but we just asked for a general overview and it was perfect. We went back and followed up on many of her suggestions during the rest of our stay. We feel like we met a friend in Prague -- someone we'd love to come visit again. I especially appreciated the parts she shared about her life in the country and growing up in a country very different than it is today. Would highly recommend Marketa and her team to all!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Caput Regni tours were the absolute highlight of our vacation through Europe! We did the Best of Prague tour; one day with Tereza and the next day with Marketa. Both guides were extremely knowledgeable and able to adapt to our group's needs and interests.
We were tired of crowds so we asked that we try avoid them, even if it meant that we missed sites. Both Tereza and Marketa adapted the tours and navigated us through backroads and short cuts that we never would have found otherwise. We missed nothing! They managed to load our tour with super interesting things to see, some of which we hadn't even heard of in our guide books. We learned and saw so much, without a moment of stress pushing through crowds or waiting in lines. Perfect!

On the third day we did a day trip to Kutna Hora with Marketa and her driver, Adrien. Again, both were so personable and friendly, it never felt like we had to force conversation, rather just a day hanging out together. The city of Kutna Hora is fascinating, and a must see when visiting Prague! We saw the Monastic Church, the Bone Ossuary (amazing), St. Barbara's Cathedral, and finished with a great beer at Dacicky per Marketa's recommendation.

All in all, WELL WORTH EVERY CENT! We learned of so many great resturaunts, pubs, photo taking spots, etc from our guides that only the locals could find. We made the best of our time our vacation because of the input from our guides. I will do the tours with Caput Regni again on my next visit to Prague!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

My friend and I recently went on a week long tour of Prague and the Czech Republic with the services of Caput Regni Tours. Marketa and her team are remarkably thorough, organized and well-prepared. We were so relieved to be able to forego worrying about logistics and simply be ushered to the beautiful sights (and sites) in and around Prague. From operas to ossuaries, Caput Regni Tours offered first-rate services and accommodations.

Date of experience: April 2018