“expensive for what they offer”
Review of Hotel Bohemians

Hotel Bohemians
Ranked #240 of 358 Prague B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“expensive for what they offer”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

As we stayed there with a big promotional discount in the price, I don't regret it, but if I had to pay the amount they ask for a night I would be screaming.

We were supposed to get a room opposite to the river but we got one opposite to the noisy road, the walls of the hotel are so thin we could hear tvs and hairdryers from the other rooms.

The elevator is really old and scary, the other choice is to climb 3 floors of stairs everyday. The beds were really hard, and the room little bit dirty with spiderwebs. The toilet was losing water and we had to put a glass not to spread all the water through the floor.

But the worst part was the staff, so rude and angry that I think they just wanted our money and they didn't care about the service, probably because we travelled with the discount, however they are legally obligated to offer the same service as without the promotion.

Finally when I asked for writing a complaint, the said they didn't have the papers, (something which is illegal).

The hotel isn't close to the city centre, you have to take the tram to get there.

The positive aspect was the breakfast, not very much quality but it was OK.

In my opinion, the price they ask is totally crazy, but if you get any promotion and they discount at least the half, it can be OK, however don't expect anything else.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StevePeterson78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Very nice hotel. If you want to spend few days in Prague this hotel is very good for you. Tram number 17 and 3 in front of hotel is going every 5 min to the city center. Breakfast every day the same but me and my frient did'nt complain. very clean room, friendly service at the front desk speaks English.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Skopelos Town, Greece
Reviewed 13 December 2012

The hotel is just few minutes by tram no.17 from the city center, with safe parking with camera (6 EUR/day) a nice breakfast with ham, cheese, eggs, corn flakes, cakes, tea, coffee etc. The room has free WIFI,

Room Tip: with view to the river
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank life4u
Prague
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Nice reception, staff speaking different languages.
Variety of food for breakfast.
Sympathic staff.
Not modern but correct.
Clean and very quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Let me be quite frank: if this were marketed as a one-star B&B/hostel, I'd give it either a "very good" or an "excellent" rating. But it's not; it's marketed as a three-star hotel and that is a joke.

This "hotel" reminds me of the student halls of residence I used to live in when I was at university. Uncomfortably hard bed; a single towel each for the whole week (we repeatedly asked for replacement towels which we were assured would be provided but they never were); no shower gel provided; no kettle in the room for making a cup of tea or coffee; thin walls (within 10 minutes of us arriving a woman from the room next door knocked on our door to tell us to be quiet - and we were just chatting normally); inadequate breakfast (no fresh juice, only squash); the list goes on and on.

To be fair I shall also list the positives: located in a quiet(ish) suburb but only 15 minutes by reasonably-priced tram from city centre, and the reception sells tram tickets; the staff all speak adequate English; and cheap.

But that brings me back to the crux of the matter. I booked this hotel thinking "how bad can a three-star hotel be?" - And I found out. Because although they say they're a three-star hotel, they must have given the stars to themselves. Book the hotel by all means, but book with open eyes.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This used to be an old sport hotel/hostel, and it seems that nothing has changed in the room in the last 50 years. Old curtains, beds, the rooms can be quite hot in summer (we were there with 30 degrees), theres no aircon or fan. Easy connection to city centre by tram every 5-10 mins. The hotel was good value and the breakfast good. Would stay there again if I'm tight on budget.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have just arrived, we are here for 4 nights, well not sure at this point if we will be staying beyond tonight!

On arrival I took the lift due to lots of bags and reception is on the first floor. I found it a little out of a scary movie and the lift itself has no inner door so as you go up you can actually touch the moving wall!!!! Not a great first impression.

We booked a double room, however, received a twin room, this would not be so bad if the beds were next to each other. However the beds are placed head to toe! Therefore as a married couple or a couple in general, no cuddles for us tonight!

The bathroom has loose hairs on the basin and in the shower and his a pink/orange residue, which a little elbow grease from the cleaners would soon remove. This tells me there is no pride in the cleaners work here.

We also asked for a river view when we booked and have been given a room on the roadside. We cannot leave the window open as it means the very noisey road will keep us awake. With the window closed it is soundproofed.

Dont be fooled by the suggestion that this hotel has satalite TV, this is a joke. It may have a TV, however, it is dated and smaller than the screen on my laptop lol. It also only has about 6 channels, none of which are in English.

We have only been here an hour and has already prompted me to add this review! I have asked to speak to the manager in the morning and hope that they will move our room. This is most inconvenient as I just want to get on and see prague not spend my time moving from room to room!!!

We picked this hotel because it allowed dogs and is on the river. However looking again at booking.com there seems nicer looking ones nearer to the main town that also allow dogs. grrrrr

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple