“Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city!”

Hotel Klarov Prague
Ranked #56 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Wow! I just don't know where to begin!

The staff were so friendly and the hotel in itself is beautiful! I showed up a few hours early with the intention of leaving my luggage, but my room was already prepared so I was able to check in early for which I was very grateful as I'd had an early flight and wanted to freshen up before heading out.

I stayed two nights in a deluxe double room, and it was HUGE! It was also very clean and I loved the little extras like the slippers and robe. The view was spectacular as I could see the castle and the Rozhledna from my window. The location of the hotel is perfect - it's right across the street from the Metro and the tram, and walking distance to most of the sights. The breakfast was delicious and I had to stop myself from over-indulging - it had everything you could possible want to eat first thing in the morning.

The only negative I'll mention is that I wish the room had darker curtains as the light from the street crept in throughout the night, but that is my only complaint and it wouldn't stop me from staying again.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and I will definitely stay again when I next visit this beautiful city!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Klarov, Manager at Hotel Klarov Prague, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear louloulou81,

Wow... Thank you for sharing your experience with your recent stay in Prague and our small & charming propertly. It is our pleasure to meet your expectation.

Hope one day you will be coming back. Feel free to contact us directly anytime you or any of your friends are travelling to Prague again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I'm not one to slate a trainee so I blame the management for this and it's not a huge deal but they need to tell their trainees not to say what they think the client wants them to say. The lady on their front desk who had a penchant for Michael Buble (left alone on a Saturday day/night) just kept agreeing to everything my partner was saying when all he wanted was some advice/help. She sent us on a wild goose chase for a bus (that I don't think she knew where the stop was) and just seem 'confused' but as I say, management shouldn't have left her alone in her period of 'training' and they need to make her feel that it is OK to say 'I do not know the answer or I do not understand' as it could have saved us a lot of time. We felt sorry for in the end really and she always was so kind to wish us a good day etc.

The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are nice, not spectacular but very pleasant, clean, inviting, safe.

Location is exceptional.

We didn't get the slippers, fruit bowl, water, toothbrush the offer suggested (I know only small) so my partner did have to 'remind' the lady who swiftly rectified.

On arrival my partner did ask if we could be upgraded as we had informed the hotel in advance that it was a special occasion but the lady said 'I wish you'd said earlier'. My other half was a bit annoyed as he had been in email correspondence with management about it before our visit so I felt a bit sorry for him that they hasn't done anything to acknowledge the special occasion.

It's a lovely hotel and you'll get a good nights sleep. I only urge them to help their trainees out a little better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Gillian, Trust this message will find you well. First of all, let me kindly thank you for being our guests in November. It has been pleasure welcome in our property.

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your review . We are sorry to acknowledge you have been facing few difficulties with our special offer. We have investigated everything which make your stay bit complicated and we would like to ensure you that our trainee was properly advices with Hop-On-Hop-Off information. We appreaciate your experience which helps us to move forward.

Hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just LOVE Klarov. Location, breakfast, room, and especially the manager Ian. Very sweet, polite and ready to help. The room view was fantastic. s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2s2

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Klarov, Manager at Hotel Klarov Prague, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Rachel,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We loved to have you here!
See you soon back in Prague.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Found the hotel online and booking was easy. E-mail contact with the hotel prior to the visit was very good.

The hotel itself is located in an excellent position in Prague. It's by the river, and access to the castle area and old town is extremely convenient.

I had booked a junior suite, but they had no available junior suites (I suspect this is because we arrived on a Saturday), so we got a "normal" room for our 1st night, and then we got upgraded to the Executive Suite for the next 2 nights. We got this info as we arrived, so it was all fine.

The ex-suite was VERY nice, with two floors - bedroom upstairs and a living room and dining area below. Spacious bathroom with both tub and shower. We felt very comfortable in this room.

Breakfast was very nice and open until 10.30, which is very nice when you want to sleep a little extra.

Service from staff was friendly and we lacked nothing during our stay.

Going back another time, I will check availability at Klarov first, without a doubt.

I have only one negative thing to say - the hotel arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport, and yes he was there, but it was clear he did not speak any english, and seriously - he had not cleaned his clothes (or showered) for a week or so. The smell in the car was quite horrible. I would use another car service for the customers, just a tip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Klarov, Manager at Hotel Klarov Prague, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear BeateV,

Thank you for your time and sharing with us your comments. While are are thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay in Prague and our hotel, your comment regarding the room allocation will be forwarded to our colleagues in reception.

We are sorry to acknowledge that you had a bad experience with our taxi service. Beate, would you be so kind and mail us at reception-at-hoteklarov.cz your arrival & departure date, so we can find our your reservation and double check which taxi company was arranging this service? It is absolutely unacceptable for us that any of our partners is providing such a service. We would like to make that this will never happen again. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

We appreciate you have chosen hotel Klarov for your recent stay in Prague and hope will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our charming property.

Best regards,
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We spent 3 nights in this charming hotel early September. Breakfast was great (with extra praise for the lady who constantly replenished everything). Location is excellent, the staff very friendly and helpful, our suite was really large and comfortable with a lovely view. If we had to mention some point for improvement it would only be that the temperature was very difficult to regulate in spite of the fans. This wonderful hotel will definitely make your stay in Prague a success!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 418MB2
Klarov, Manager at Hotel Klarov Prague, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear 418MB2,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. While are are thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay in Prague and our hotel, your comment regarding the fan will be related to hotel owner.

Feel free to contact us directly, whenever you will be coming back to Prague. We look forward to welcoming you in our hotel very soon!

Best regards,
København, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel Klarow is a very nice hotel in the best location in Prague. The staff is so helpful and service minded. Rooms are clean and cleaning ladys put an honour in there work. Breakfast is delicious and there is something for all age and nationalities. We will for sure come back to this Hotel and will recommand is to all, who visit beautiful Prague. Best regards Steen from Copenhagen.

Room Tip: Chose a room high up. The view is amazing on both sides of the Hotel. No problem with rooms to the s...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steen J
Dear Steen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We take great pride in our quality of service and we are so proud that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

seattle
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We spent two nights in late September. We easily arrived from the airport by public transportation via the 119 bus from airport connecting to underground metro 32CZK. Our sunny south facing room has great views of the castle and the double windows kept noise of nearby trams quiet. The complimentary breakfast was the best we ever had in a European hotel. All the staff were knowledgeable and friendly. Very close walking distance to all important old town sites with plenty of restaurants nearby. We would highly recommend this hotel for location, value, and service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank coasthiker
Dear coasthiker,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your kind comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked our breakfast! We will gladly pass your comment to our colleagues who take care of your "good morning feeling" :)

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

All the best,