“rude, non-informative and terrible”
Review of Gray Line Prague

Prague Buffet Dinner Cruise on Vltava River
Ranked #178 of 538 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With Gray Line Prague you have an excellent opportunity to learn something about Prague, its history, monuments and the most famous places in the Czech Republic. Our professional guides are able to perform all of our Prague tours in 6 languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Russian). We can also offer you tickets to boat cruises along the Vltava River. Don't miss the opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful cities in Europe through our Prague tours! We also offer Prague airport transfers and group transportation services.
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband was participating in a conference in Prague and we had to be flexible planning our tours. Therefore, when the knew our schedules, we went the easy way and let the hotel call at the last minute to arrange the tour. They picked a company that would pick us up at the hotel, which was nice. But the guide on this tour was terrible. Her English was bad, but she also did not observe general tour guide etiquette, like getting the group together before giving her spiel and pausing between the English and German versions. And the spiel was nothing more than I could have gotten from a pamphlet. The 'three course lunch' was awful...some sort of really red, uncooked meat, followed by mystery meat and lumpy mashed potatoes, and a tiny, tiny scoop of chocolate ice cream. The highlight was the boat tour where she stayed on land and the guide for the boat company was in charge. He was very good. Then it was back to her. I asked a German in the party and he said her German was a bad as her English. Soured my whole opinion of Prague.

GrayLinePrague, Director of PR at Gray Line Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Customer, thank you for your review on this portal. It was really unpleasant to read these lines but I really appreciate every honor review. Well, I will contact the hotel and deal with them about the quality of lunch. Due to a reason that there is no mentioned date of tour, I will try to recognize our guide and check all your complaints regarding languages. Dear Customer, I deeply apologize you that you were not enough satisfied and I hope that we will have other opportunity to show you our profession level. Kind regards, Karel / Gray Line Czech Republic

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I booked a return hotel transfer from the airport to Prague's Old Town via Expedia. I was very pleased with the service in both directions. The drivers were friendly and the transport was comfortable. At the airport I had to wait 15 minutes and then I had a private car that took me directly to my hotel. On the way back the driver was there only 5 minutes after the time I'd requested and again I was taken to the airport quickly and arrived there in plenty of time. I would use this service again next time.

GrayLinePrague, Director of PR at Gray Line Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Customer, thank you very much for your review. It was our pleasure to provide this service and we very glad that you were satisfied with our car and driver. Wish you all the best. Kind regards, Karel / Gray Line Czech Republic

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Took Tour #2 in mid-August from the kiosk at the end of Wensceslas Square, and unfortunately found this to be the worst Gray Lines tour we have ever taken - and we've used their services all over the world so our basis of comparison is more than adequate.

Our first annoyance is that the tour left from one point, and then unceremoniously ended at another point, with little description from the guide of how to get anywhere once she was finished. Guests fled at the end, and the tour guide was not successful in describing how to return to Wenscelas Square. But there was a most excellent restaurant nearby, so we concluded the tour on our own with a great lunch prior to a wandering trip back to our flat.

Once our guide (who "usually did tours in Italian and German, not English", according to her own words) discovered that ~10 passengers spoke German and only 3 spoke English, she effectively forgot about using English during her comments. We found ourselves looking out the back window of the tour bus to see where we'd been, since that's when she usually remembered to lapse into English for a few rushed comments.

Her most offensive behavior, however, was at the beginning of the walking tour, when she made fun of the Americans (in German) for not purchasing (at noon) as much beer to drink as the Germans before we started an extended walk through the castle area of Prague. She was obviously not smart enough to realize that, although English might be the preferred language, guests may also understand enough German to know when a guide is being insulting. So North Americans are not drunks; why is that a problem? Her comments left an extremely bad impression that she could not overcome during the walking tour.

This might be a good tour; the castle area is beautiful and has a lot of stories attached to it. Oh, and lots of stairs in order to get back to where the buses collect everyone before the last few stops. But that's the only reason this review is not rated TERRIBLE - the beauty of the castle area. But we were turned off and needed to translate a lot of things for ourselves.

In sum - this was not worth the price, especially if the tour guide is not capable of speaking the guests' language and focuses on the majority at the expense of the minority of her guests. That's a large part of what we pay for, and Gray Lines did not meet the minimum requirements in this instance.

Find another tour company; there are enough of them in Prague.

1  Thank westlakeroad

Dear Customer, I do not know where I should start my reaction of your review. On the one side, thank you that you wrote these lines because it reflects our work from clients. On the other side it is absolutely negative and you could clearly write - terrible tour. I do not agree with you only with one thing - the end of tour. It is our intention that almost all our tours finish in the center of city. Unfortunately, I have to admit that the rest of your review was very unpleasant for me and our company. It is absolutely disgusting to make a fun from clients in foreign language and forget to provide comments in requested language. Dear Customer, I deeply apologize for our guide. We identified her and we will have very serious talk to her. I am very disappointed, as you, from her behavior and I hope that we will have some opportunity to show you our professional level in the future. Kind regards Karel / Gray Line Czech Republic

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Booked the grand city tour for today with changing of the guard. 4 of us on tour. Australian, Korean and Irish. Guide told us a lot both of prague history and about himself....it seemed. His own opinion seemed to express itself a lot more frequently than the facts.... The changing of the guards .. PART OF THE TOUR THAT I PAID FOR.. we could not wait for as the crowds would get into the church and therefore be not as good for us when we get there. We seemed to be a hindrance on his (the guides)day as he was as he told us professionally in the tourism industry for 18 years. He didn't practice very well the skill of waiting for tourist to finish taking photographs before moving on. We went into a capuchin monastery which was a plus not expected originally and the guide was repetitive in telling us this. A knowledgable guide but his skills in imparting it and guiding tourists (even though he has 18 years doing it) could be improved I feel. A good tour if all parts were given ( changing of the guard) and given a better guide, I would recommend it as it covers a lot of places and information.

GrayLinePrague, Director of PR at Gray Line Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Customer, thank you very much for your feed back of your visit in Prague. Unfortunately, it was not very positive for us but we should accept these words with humility and try to find how we can improve our business. I agree with you that it is not acceptable that our guide were talking about himself and express his own opinion. I have talked with our guide and explained him how to manage with our clients. I apologize for that. I would like to explain you why you could not stay all the time for the changing of the guards. Sometimes we do it that we make changing of guards shorter and go directly to cathedral. But only if clients agree. Because it is their tour and we are here for them. I hope that you will satisfied much more in your next visit of Prague. Wish you all the best. Kind regards, Karel / Gray Line Czech Republic

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Took Gray Line tour of Prague involving bus, walking and boat. Picked up at hotel by nice driver who stopped at other hotels too. Picked up guide our guide (Tomas) and was so disappointed by the guides minimal command of English and preference for and better command of French that I took out my guide book to do the understand where we were, what we were seeing and try to understand the significance of it. There was NO attempt to put anything in historic context and he (Tomas) spent most of the time speaking in French, which he was clearly more comfortable speaking than English. The only good part of the tour was the boat ride. There the guide/captain imparted lots of information very clearly.

Shadowing our group were red shirted Sandman guides who spoke English very well and were very giving with lots of information. This tour is free / tips only and was clearly the way to see the city on foot.

Dear Joan F, thank you very much for your review. Unfortunately, it was very negative review and I would like to apologize on behalf of our company. I do not know why our guide wasn´t able to speak English and why he did not get you enough historical context. I will find him and ask him for his explanation. I promise you that I will do all my best to change that and I hope that I will have a chance to show you our professional level next time. Wish you all the best. Kind regards Karel / Gray Line Czech Republic