“Fantastic”

Alchymist Prague Castle Suites
Ranked #4 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We are really careful on choosing a hotel when we travel. As we all know it can make or ruin your vacation. Sayd this... We couldn't believe our eyes when we opened the door to our room.. So elegant, opulent without been tacky, great fabrics, absolutely beautiful. We have seen (very few) rooms like this when traveling in Europe but usually we were spending triple the rate. The fact that the hotel is so small makes it even more special. It's peaceful, accomodating and friendly. We went with our son but this hotel is perfect for couples!! So romantic. As soon as we got back to Florence we have recommended it to all our friends. Will definitely go back soon.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Sapphire (gorgeous!) and Ruby (beautiful with a small terrace). Recommend both.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gualandi
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Prague Castle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Sir and Madam,

Many thanks for your gracious feedback. We were absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves on the service and facilities we provide our guests and this is only made possible by the great team I have at Alchymist Prague Castle.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is a perfect little gem in a lovely, quiet area of Prague in the middle of embassy buildings and next to the Parliament. Our room was about the most beautiful I've seen - large, antique furniture, painted beamed ceilings, art and tapestries - marble bathroom, fluffy towels - great bed linens. Each morning we had a wonderful breakfast at a round table with other guests from all over the world. In the evening there is wine and cheese for the guests. It is easy to get to the Charles bridge and the tourist section. The staff couldn't do enough. The Alchymist Prague Castle Suites was one of the best choices we have ever made and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Room Tip: There are only 8 rooms and they are all probably as wonderful as ours.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priscilla S

Dear Sir and Madam,

I am glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable experience at Alchymist Prague Castle Suites.

Our daily main concern is to look after our guests offering them our undivided attention. I can tell that we have reached our aim.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to one of our Alchymist Luxury Group hotel,

Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

This beautiful small personally attentive hotel made our stay in Prague. The staff was friendly, informative and readily available at all times. Lovely breakfast and wine and cheese at days end. Rooms and common spaces elegant --- like staying in your own castle!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Sir and Madam,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Just returned from a few nights in the Alchymist Castle Suites and ave to say what a great place to stay, its in a great location, been only a few minutes walk to Charles bridge. The hotel is truly amazing inside, it only has 8 rooms so the service is very personable and was always extremely friendly and could not be more helpful. Breakfast is served at 1 large table or in your room and it has a lovely relaxed feel to it, every afternoon there is complementary wine and cheese tasting as well as soft drinks been available from the room mini bar which is restocked daily which is a nice touch too.
Have to say a special mention to Edy the butler who did just about everything for us and also Lucie on reception, both were constantly 1st class

Room Tip: We had the emerald room - great hidden bathroom!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MILLS_family_11

Dear Madam and Sir,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay so much with us. We appreciate that the guests who tend to stay with us are looking for something a little more personal and characterful than the larger hotels tend to offer and we are lucky to have a team who genuinely enjoy making guests happy.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Alchymist Prague Castle Suites.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I stayed in Alchymist Castle Suites alone for 2 nights first and I really enjoyed it, as I was the only guest at that moment. When my friend arrived on the 3rd day, I moved to Alchymist Grand hotel for sharing the room, but just 1 night, I decided to move back taking 2 rooms for us and stayed here for the rest of 3 nights, though it is costly, it is worth every euro. The main reason get me back is because of the excellent service in Castle Suites, that makes you feel just at home and chatting with friends n families, actually I missed the Castle staff so much when I was staying at the Grand hotel, well, their staff is also nice n polite, but everything just tells u that u r in a hotel, what a difference!

As I stayed total 5 nights here, I almost met the whole team, all of them are very nice, helpful and friendly. Edi and Alex, the butlers shared a lot information n culture with me at breakfast time, that let me not feel alone in the first two days. The reception team, Lucie, Jackub, Albina, Tai, Joseph and the another young man, who helped me for booking the 2 rooms in the night, they are so great and helpful, can not do enough to help us, as well as the driver Peter, he drove me off/to airport and hotel transfer.

Location: It is perfectly located in a quiet and safe area, can easily walk to everywhere, to Church of St Nicholas in 5 min; to Charles Bridge in 10 min, to Prague Castle in 15 min, or to Letna Park in 20 min which is on a hill overlooking the bridges across the Vltava River(highly recommend). I really enjoyed walking around the small alleys in Little Quarter or Kampa Island, which is just few steps away the hotel.

Rooms: Charming, elegant, comfortable and well-appointed. I was lucky to have chance staying at two rooms, which are connected with the library room, both rooms are spacious, L'Occitane toiletries provided is so lovely.

Benefits: Wow, that's a lot! Free one-way airport limousine service if you make reservation by Alchymist directly; Free breakfast from 8-12am that was great, food choice is enough for everyone and the homemade yogurt was yummy; Free wine and cheese tasting 5-6pm everyday, both red wine and white wine were good; Free in-room non-alcoholic drink everyday; Free high speed Wifi; Free jacuzzi and sauna; And, Nespresso and wide selection of tea flavors are in the breakfast room all the day!

I highly recommend this charming hotel to everyone who is looking for something special, best service, luxury, home away from home in Prague, definitely it is!

Room Tip: Room 203 has a four-poster bed that is lovely and romantic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank asiaflower
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Prague Castle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post all these kind words following your stay with us, we really appreciate it. All the team of Alchymist Prague Castle Suites is trying hard to provide the best possible service and to read your review is truly the most valuable reward for us.

We are also very glad you felt in love in Mala Strana, it's a magical part of Prague.

I do hope that you can stay with us once again in the near future.

Lucie and colleagues

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Those are my favourite reviews to write: EVERYTHING WAS (almost) PERFECT!

We spend 5 days at the Alchymist Prague Castle Suites and really enjoyed it. The hotel, the location and the staff were great. My biggest compliment goes to the staff. We had 2 different butlers during our stay and both were amazing. Friendly, helpful and great to talk to about the city and the sights.
The hotel is located in a very quiet area and close to everything Prague has to offer. For us (it really depends how much you like to walk :)) everything was in walking distance.

Our room was spacious, clean and well looked after. Walking through the hotel felt like time travel. Every evening there was free cheese and wine available and the service was, again, excellent and so were the "good-night-chocolates". :)

Breakfast was fantastic but got a little boring after a couple of days as it was the same every morning. That was a little disappointing. But only a little - the service made up for it...

The sauna area was beautiful. Nicely decorated, well presented and you book it just for you and your partner - perfect! I would have liked to use it more but for me it was lacking a nice place to relax in between "sets". Unfortunately it only had a bench and chairs but nothing to lie down. I assumed there would be shampoo and shower gel in the sauna area but it wasn't which I only realised after we came out of the sauna… That spoiled it a little for me as I had to go upstairs again.

But as I mainly "judge" hotels by the service I can only recommend it and would certainly come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs V

Dear Madam / Sir,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay so much with us. We appreciate that the guests who tend to stay with us are looking for something a little more personal and characterful than the larger hotels tend to offer and we are lucky to have a team who genuinly enjoy making guests happy.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We were very happy with our choice of this hotel. Our room was excellent and the staff did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable The hotel is small - only 8 rooms but we liked the quietness and privacy. We were able to talk to other guests at the wine tasting at 5pm each night and sometimes at the communal breakfast though as this is spread over a 4 hour period we were mostly on our own.
We visited Villa Richter for dinner on our first night on the hotel's recommendation - and that was fine - though very quiet - only 2 other dinners.
We enjoyed going to the local bar - U Hrocha (The Hippo) though they don't seem to encourage tourists and it was predominately locals. First time we had to persist to get served, and the second time fortunately Alex , one of the hotel staff, was with us, and we secured a seat.
On booking I was uncertain whether the location was too far away from the old town - but we actually prefered where we were and the old town was only a short pleasant walk across the bridge.Also we were near the Metro station and tram stops so it was easy to get around.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian581951
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Prague Castle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Sir and Madam

Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad that our hotel left such a good impression on you, and you have enjoyed your stay with us as much as you did.

My staff and I are looking forward to your next visit.

Lucie