“Heaven on Earth”

Alchymist Prague Castle Suites
Ranked #4 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 16 December 2013

When I arrived after midnight, I was immediately pampered by the wonderful staff and made to feel like a princess! I didn't even feel like I was in a hotel. It was more like royalty in my own private palace! My room was exquisite, the breakfasts delicious and just too much to chose from. When needed, the staff arranged dinner reservations, taxis and generally helped with anything anytime in the most courteous manner. I didn't want to leave when the time came...it was magic and I long to return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank EdaB3445
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Prague Castle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for all your beautiful words regarding your recent stay at Alchymist Prague Castle Suites. I am truly happy that you enjoyed all the aspects of the hotel and in particular the staff service, location, room and breakfasts made your stay with us a great experience. I have passed your lovely words to all my team who really do appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with a further booking with our hotel!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have spent a great deal of time in Prague over the years and have stayed in many different hotels. The Alchymist Prague Castle Suites was perhaps the best experience that I have had. The only thing comparable was a previous stay at the Alchymist Nosticova. The attention to detail and care is impeccable. Service, decor, location and the morning buffet could not be better. I strongly recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NelloDas

Dear Sir,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about your recent stay at the Alchymist Prague Castle Suites. I was thrilled to read that you had such a pleasant experience with us. It is especially rewarding to hear your compliments about our staff service! I have passed all your kind comments onto my dear colleagues and everyone hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future! In this case please let me assist you personally with your next booking.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

It is a good hotel. But it's far from being perfect.
Positive.
Location (central and quiet), service (they do try hard) and perfect cleanliness

Negative.
Value for money - you find better places to stay for 250 Euro/night
Breakfast is really poor. Good for 3*** hotel. One morning they had no single fruit or vegetable!
A lot of details make the hotel a bit uncomfortable. No hairdrier in sauna (it's a matter of mentality to place a hairdrier, not a matter of money/efforts), no TV in fitness room, I'm not sure they even have air conditioners in the rooms, we didn't need it in December, you may want to check it if you go there in summer time. You have to notify them in advance that you want to use the fitness room (!).
In overall, it is a good hotel, but expect some fine disturbing details.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Prague Castle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Sir,

Firstly, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at The Alchymist Prague Castle Suites.
To receive this review, following your stay with us at our small Hotel, was a huge disappointment for the whole team.

We all work extremely hard here every day to provide the very best service available, although on this occasion, we failed in certain aspects and fall below expectations. Fortunately, this is very rare!! We are also sorry if this caused you any discomfort or problems, during your stay.
The Butler who served you breakfast, Alex, is a brilliant worker and I think we can blame the problem you encountered on a genuine mistake and lack of the correct communications. For this we are genuinely sorry, and I can assure you there was other fruit available, as well as vegetables, that were placed next to the cheeses and ham. Again, our apologies.

Another issue you raised was the lack of a hair dryer. This is situated in the jacuzzi room, in the next room to the sauna and we are sorry if this was not made clear to you.
The whole property does have full air conditioning, which is situated under the window in the room in question. It is sited here, so as not to spoil the historic 'feel' and charm of the room and the beautiful interiors.
We do not have a TV in the fitness area, as it is felt that the beauty of the room, and the view, would be spoiled and it would act as a distraction, rather than be of benefit to users. We have had many positive comments back on this, so feel we have the balance 'about right' here. The room is also connected to the relaxation area, and a loud TV would no doubt spoil this peaceful area for other guests. We welcome the comment though, as it gives us opportunity to review whether the current arrangement is the best layout and whether we can improve it in any way.

We are glad to receive all feedback from guests and use this to help improve the experience for visitors, train our staff and introduce services and facilities that can further benefit our wonderful guests. It also helps us to measure ourselves as a Hotel, and to make sure that the very high standards we set ourselves are consistently achieved.

I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show you how great The Alchymist Prague Castle Suites Hotel truly is.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is what six star sheer joy is. From the moment their driver picked us up from the station we were treated like Royalty. We have travelled all over the globe and if only we could pack this hotel and staff into our suitcases we would never stay anywhere else.
Room magnificent, spotless, cosy mattress, hot long showers, great great great attention to detail, breakfast fit for a king and queen. Went to hairdresser ran out of currency, phoned hotel Viola like magic they sent around a staff member with the cash I needed. I heard Prague was like fairy land, but this hotel has turned this Cinderella into a Princess. Cannot stop smiling here THANK YOU for making our Christmas trip to Prague the most magical time of our lives. Stay anywhere else at your Peril.

Room Tip: Stay as long as you can. This place is paradise. Make it a wish for your next Christmas.bring your f...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianaqueen

Dear Diana queen :-),

What an amazing review. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
We are all speechless here, reading your wonderfully kind words, and incredibly grateful and flattered too.
Our job at The Alchymist is to make every visitor feel like a VIP, to give everyone an experience to remember. It is so rewarding to see a review, such as yours, where everything from the bedrooms, to the breakfasts, to the service provided, has met, and even maybe exceeded your expectations.
As someone who has traveled extensively, it somehow makes your words even more special.
We hope that the memories of your time here with us at Christmas, in wonderful Prague, will last a lifetime.

Special guests like you make all of the effort we put in, day after day, all seem worthwhile.
Have a wonderful Christmas, a Happy and Prosperous New Year and please promise to visit us again in the near future. We would love to see you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

There are so many great things to say about this hotel. Where to begin...? Location - a 5 minute walk from the Charles bridge, then 5 - 10 minutes to the old town square. It's below the castle also, and in an area that has its own charm with many places to eat and drink, art galleries and shops, souvenir shops etc. The hotel is on a quiet street - there really is absolutely no noise from outside at all, which is always difficult in a city. Within the hotel itself, we didn't here any noise either. I guess it's only 8 rooms and appeals to couples and families, not business travellers or stag parties ! The staff are beyond excellent in every way, there is nothing negative to say in that regard. The hotel is immaculate, and the decor is incredible. There are some great touches, like the sauna/jacuzzi suite that is free to use and private, for just your party. It is prepared in advance with the usual music, candles etc. a great way to unwind ! The breakfast is served from 8am until 11.30, a mix between continental buffet and a la carte prepared hot food. Plentiful and delicious ! The rooms are great, with robes, slippers L'Occitane toiletries, mini bar (free soft drinks) and large screen TV. However, I think potential guests should be made aware that this is not your typical 5 star hotel, in that there is no bar, no restaurant, no pool, and room service is only available until 7pm, with a limited menu. It is a luxury boutique suites residence, not a full service hotel. The only minor negatives for us were two items, we found the beds too hard (better than being way too soft of course), and it was too hot for us, but that may be a matter of personal taste. Overall, we would return in a heartbeat,and are thinking about a New Year visit. You will not be disappointed with this place ...!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BC_happy_flyer

Dear "happy flyer " :-),

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Simply the best hotel ecperience ever! The staff was most helpfull and professional, location right under the castle, with history inside, and right outside the door! Lovely breakfast around a round table, with the others guests at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Erlands1
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Prague Castle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Madam, Sir,

thank you for the time taken to post your review on Tripadvisor. I was honored to read such an amazing comments about my team. I was also pleased that you loved your room and breakfasts as well as the historical aspect of the hotel and the location. Please do come and see us again, we hope to welcome you back in Alchymist Prague Castle Suites!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in November during a trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we find it hard to come up with adequate superlatives. It really was a very special hotel and the staff (in particular Alex and Lucie) were nothing short of outstanding. Everything about our stay was wonderful. The room was superb, the daily wine and cheese tastings were a lovely wonderful way to meet other guests and to start the evening before heading out to a concert or dinner, and there were countless other memorable touches like the bottle of sparkling wine and note from Lucie congratulating us on our wedding anniversary and the beautiful fruit platter. Lucie organised a fabulous walking tour for us and tickets to a concert. The hotel itself is stunning but it the service that really makes this hotel shine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate I

Dear Kate :-),

thank you for the time taken to post your review on Tripadvisor. All the team of Alchymist Prague Castle Suites is truly grateful for such a positive comments. We are also happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in the fullest. I have passed your beautiful words to Alex and Lucie, and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, maybe on the occasion of your next anniversary?

Lucie Nizka and colleagues