“Unique atmosphere”
Review of Staroceska Krcma

Staroceska Krcma
Ranked #1,357 of 5,422 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, European, Central European
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Praha 6
Description: A traditional Czech tavern with big wooden tables and an open fireplace.
Paris, France
“Unique atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I went to this restaurant because of its Trip Advisor reviews. We went there after visiting the Castle. Although it said in other review that is takes 10-15 minutes to walk from the Castle, it think it took us about 20. You have to go by roads that are under construction. I told myself that if I was by myself, I don't think I would have went there alone. Once we arrived, we were happy to discover the magic of that restaurant. The atmosphere was great, and the food very good! Don't expect a good service, but its not worst or better than any other restaurant in Prague. We took the plate for two of mixed grilled meat. It was very good.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Jade S

• Czech first
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

There is not much I can say about Staroceska, except you must go there and experience it! It was one of my favorite restaurants we went to on our trip to Prague.
We stayed on the Old Town side of the river, so we waited to visit Staroceska until we went over the river to the castle. I wish it was closer to us, because I would have gone every single day.
The entire menu was in Czech, and the waiter was nice enough to go through the main dishes with us, because we had no clue what we were doing! My friend and I both started with chicken soup, and it was so yummy! Then she had the chicken nuggets with roasted potatoes and I had roast beef with rice and gravy! We both also had quite a few beers. Our bill came out to be about $20, if that! The food is so cheap, and you would never know. Everything was so delicious and the portions were huge!
The atmosphere is the best part of Starceska. The main dining room is just large wooden tables and benches, all lit by candle light. It was an experience I will never forget!

7 Thank Emylizzbit
“Meal or Ambience...Hard to say which was better!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was by far the BEST meal we have ever eaten. I've thought of it each day since we were there. The whole place is richly lit by candle light and what ever street lighting comes from outside. Fluffy sheep skin rugs cover the hand carved benches. Though we had no reservation, I'd recommend one.

We ordered the 2nd meal on the menu that was a "meal for 2". It was an assortment of wings (meatiest wings), sausage and ribs that were stocked with meat. It equated to 13$, but I'd have paid triple that price just to eat the meal again! Watch out or you will be tempted to over indulge on the garlic butter and bread that comes out before the meal. You order your own sauces and they come warm or cold.

I read about this place on Trip Advisor and it was worth the whole weekend we spent in Prague!

4 Thank moving2germany
Naas, Ireland
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Literally a 10-15 min walk from the castle and a 10 min walk to the metro green line. like walking into a scene of robin hood, wooden tables and chairs, no electricity all candle lite. had 2 starters, 2 mains and one desert with 4 beers was all under 700 (30 euro ish). the service was brilliant and the place was full of locals, you wont be dissapointed

Walking to the place the streets were quiet and it isn't surrounded by any other bars or restaurants, so glad we found it!

4 Thank Luisa M
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Best in Prague!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We traipsed through the rain to find this place and it was well worth it and more. We had read the reviews others had written and had to go because it sounded too good to be true. We weren't disappointed. Huge portions, cheap beer, candle light, roaring fire, rustic, medieval ambience.... Couldn't have been a more perfect fit after being at the castle and old town during the day. The food wasn't only cheap and generous in portions, but so, so tasty!! So good we return the next night for seconds!

3 Thank Jess P