“Good meat, service ok”

Cestr
Cuisines: European, Czech, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I ordered a rather expensive part of the cow, some side dishes and a coffee. Its all ok, I wouldn't say extraordinary.

Waitress gave me a s***t face for not ordering a sauce to my steak. That ruined the experience for me, sorry.

2  Thank Oppa K

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Don't go there. Terrible service. Have been waiting for food over an hour, evenghough restaurant was empty. Waiter seem to prefer to chat with local prostitutes. Quality of meat was below sealevel.

1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Finding this steakhouse was an adventure in itself. We were lost for 40 minutes even with the help of locals. No one seemed to know it's exact location...we must've walked miles in circle but i have to say it was completely worth the sweat! Upon entering the establishment, we got seated promptly. You can tell the the ownership and staff take pride in their attention to detail. Everything from the decor, food, to the menu was superbly done. Exceptional service and value. This is definitely our favorite restaurant in Prague and we would recommend it to everyone who's visiting Prague.

1  Thank baglady12
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Cestr ptides itself on its beef, and with reason: it is really very good. The restaurant is a bit hard to find unless you have exact directions, but once you are there you will find that they offer some cuts of beef that are just great. Not the best steak I've ever had, but close. The dessert, a local Czech specialty, was also very fine. The waiter suggested a Slovakian red; it was very tasty. My wife enjoyed her roast beef as much as I enjoyed my striploin. Recommended, but not to those on a budget.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went here with my wife in June and we enjoyed our meal and the experience here a lot. First off they have an open kitchen concept with large pieces of the cow hanging in the windows which adds to the decor of the restaurant. They also give you a diagram of a cow and the descriptions of each part and their characteristics (tenderness, flavor, etc)

As for the food - real solid. We ordered two appetizers and two entrees (pictures attached) and everything was very solid. The tartar was fantastic and our steaks were cooked perfectly medium rare. Overall would definitely recommend.

1  Thank moogie822