“Did someone say FREE?!”

Ranked #13 of 660 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Manila, Philippines
“Did someone say FREE?!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Let me start off by listing down the free stuff they offer guests:
- unlimited bottled water
- coffee/hot chocolate anytime
- use of computers and printing
- use of washing machine + detergent
- 3 tours: 1) walking tour (by Sandemans, no less!), 2) neighborhood 'orientation' tour, 3) McGee's Ghost Tour
- towels and linen
- city map

On top of the freebies, you also get discounted rates on the breakfast set offered by the pizza place across the hostel, the Segway tour, and other tours.

I stayed in a 7-bed female dorm, which was extremely spacious and clean. The bathroom had two showers, a toilet and a hair dryer. Guests went in and out of the hostel with key cards for security. The communal kitchen had complete facilities, so you can cook or heat food whenever you want.

With the hostel's prime location, you can literally call the Charles Bridge your backyard. The staff were extremely knowledgeable because the hostel also doubles as a tourist information center. Everything you need is there, including an ATM, a metro ticket machine and a postal box.

Just had to deal with street noise especially in the wee hours but apart from this, I can't really complain about anything. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank krukruk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My question is, how do they make money? for about $15 a night, I stayed in a spacious 6 bed mixed dorm. My bed was not bunked. Location is literally in front of the bridge. They run an information center downstairs (with a bus/tram/metro ticket vending machine), so they are very knowledgeable about the place. I believe they are local too, so they are much more knowledgeable than the staff at my other hostel in Prague (who are mostly there short term... mostly Australians). They offer free bottled water, free towels, free use of washers, free GOOD coffee, my room was about twice the size of the 6 bed dorm room at my other hostel in Prague... and my bed was not bunked. The shower was big and spacious (and rain shower too!). The amenities were incredible for the price, and the staff could not be any helpful and friendly. I would not mind paying way more for the services they offer. My other (very highly rated) hostel charged me literally twice as much ($30) and besides the free vegetarian dinner and the overall party atmosphere, their amenities are way worse in every single way.

tl;dr best hostel in prague

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank petey2428
Scotland
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a stag party for 2 nights, from 8/11 to 10/11. Although we were only there as a place to sleep as we spent all our time in the various pubs, this hostel was a really good find and would highly recommend staying there to anyone.

Rooms were better than any other hostel I have stayed in previously. The location of the hostel was also perfect, literally at the Charles Bridge and close to all touristy stuff. Very close to supermarkets, pubs and places to eat. Staff were friendly too. Free bottles of water and coffees were available too.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cgs1983
UK
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at hundreds of hostels and this is one of the best. losts of discounts freebies and great service. excellent location too. room was very clean. I would highly recommend this hostel in Prague

• Stayed November 2013
Jakarta
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My friend and I stayed at Charles Bridge Economic Hostel for two nights in early October. We have nothing bad to say about the hostel even if we try!! The location is perfect, very very close to Charles Bridge and the Old Town. The room was very clean and quite spacious. More importantly, the shower was super clean. The service is just excellent. The staff were also really helpful - they would even go out of their way to help you. I wanted to exchange some Crown to Euro before we left Prague and the recommended exchange place was already closed. I talked to the staff very casually, and he said that he would check if they had 8 Euro (it was not much), and saved me from all the hassle. You could always ask for hot beverages any time of day. We were also lucky enough to be offered a shot of (supposedly the best) Absynthe in Prague! If you want to do a segway tour, by staying at this hostel you would get 50% discount! We did the tour and it turned out to be one of most fun we had! Our guide (Mark or Marek) was really nice and he even took us to a traditional Prague restaurant to have our beer break.Other than that, they also have a washing machine that you can use for free (it comes with the detergent powder too) and the kitchen is small but modern. Overall, it was by far the best hostel stay I've had.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Two factors that made this hostel worthwhile:

1. Great Location: just behind the charles bridge!
2. Affordable : we got the 3-bed room (for 3 pax) with the best view -- charles bridge! :)
With this room, we have our own sala and kitchen which made our stay more comfortable.

I recommend this hostel to everyone staying in Prague!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly & helpfull staffs, nearby attractions. Everythings under the roof is free! They also provide us Prague guide book!! The room also clean & secure. A bit noisy (a bit) coz this hostel located nearby Charles Bridge but i think thats not a problem, i still can sleep peacefully. :-)

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo