“Fascinating and rare insights to amazing Prague”

World War II in Prague Tour
Ranked #9 of 431 Sights & Landmarks in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: During the 2-hour guided tour, you will visit locations most associated with the dark days of the war. Revisit the battleground of the Old Town, and discover the terrible power of Nazi propaganda. Enter the hideout of the Prague resistance in the medieval underground tunnels bellow the old town. View previously hidden documentary evidence and hear the story of the few brave men that were flown in from Britain to assassinate the Nazi "Butcher of Prague.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having read the strong reviews, my husband and I took this tour and I'm very pleased that we did.

We had a riveting tour with Marek, who had a rich knowledge of the city. His personable nature added to the experience. You will not want to miss out on the secrets that this glorious city still carries -you will be able to find masked up bullet holes in masonry all over. More than this, the tour is one of the only ways to visit the underground tunnels in Prague! You get to see the innards of the Astronomical clock!

This is not a tacky, campy tour, but an eye opening and fascinating exploration of remarkable events in amazing Prague's past.

1  Thank Elena P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Did this walking tour with Marek as our guide, and he himself was a large part of what made this a great tour. Marek has an incredible enthusiasm for not only the heritage of his country and his city, but for the opportunity to teach it to the rest of us. All in all a great history lesson in good company! Great value for money, and highly recommend it!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This 2 hour walking tour in Prague was one of the highlights of the holiday. The tour guide Marek, was fantastic, so very enthusiastic and had such a wide knowledge base on the subject. So many fascinating stories and insight into the Nazi occupation, the resistance and the Communist take over. We did many walking tours on our 6 week holiday into Eastern Europe, but this was by far the best one.
It is an easy walk around Prague at a suitable pace.

1  Thank Christine O
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Worth of the money and time. I find the presentation and visiting of the real places during this 2-hour walking your very inspiring to me, I think I will start reading the two books, one of them is Prague Winter. This is the most unforgettable experience of my visit in Prague.

1  Thank Jossta Z
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The tour guide was terrific! He really brought those harrowing times to life, especially the resistance that went on there and the heartbreaking Nazi retaliation.