“Best tour I have had in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste Of Prague

Taste Of Prague
Ranked #2 of 107 Food & Drink in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: The idea behind the Taste of Prague food tours is simple. You follow a local foodie. You eat the best dishes in Prague’s best restaurants frequented by the locals and talk about what you eat and why, and how the food, wine and beer reflects the society, the country and its history and present. We keep our tours fresh, small and personal. Come hungry. Stretch pants optional, but recommended.
Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best tour I have had in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is a one of a kind feeling tour. The couple (Jan and Zuzi) are warm and personable. The food is excellent. And the depth of culture and knowledge you gain about what it's like living here now is unique. We had a lovely small tour, with a small amount of walking and a lot of eating, drinking and lively conversations. It was great to meet other people traveling thought Prague as well. The quantities of food are large. A massive amount of different dishes to try, and great beers, wine and spirits to accompany. A mix of modern and traditional foods, everything from the local region, and great value.

Would love to check out their wine tour too if I had time. I had visited Prague once before, but this tour has left more of an impression of what it's like and the recent history. Now I really feel like I've seen Prague.

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A Must-Do When Visiting Prague!! (I give it 6 out of 5)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I had signed up for this tour, but right off the bat I knew we made the right decision. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Jan & Zuzi are amazing hosts and they are so full of interesting stories-it was very fascinating to hear abotu their personal experiences from someone who has lived in the area for a long time. The food was all spectacular-and the tour really provides an in-depth knowledge of the style of food and culture the Czechs like and dislike.

Best part is that you really get a "modern" understanding of what the Czechs are experiencing not just food-wise, but their general lifestyle as well. Jan & zuzi share their personal outlook from their families' experiences life during communism and after...and it really was an eye opening experience. I've gone to 4 different tours in Prague but this one surpasses them all, as the others do not give you this much insight on the local lives of Czechs. In fact-Jan & Zuzi makes everyone feel so "warm" and welcomed that it did not even feel like a tour- it almost felt like you are making fascinating friends who have so much to share, while showing you to the best local restaurants with all the awesome food ready right as you arrive. SUPERB!

The amount of food we got on the tour was definitely worth every penny (nobody in our group was able to finish everything!) and the variety was very fascinating. I am a picky new yorker and have access to the best of every cuisine, but I have to say some of the dishes I tasted on this tour was far the best. To finish off the meals, they take you to a FANTASTIC dessert place (the best "hot cocoa" I've ever tasted) and the wine bar was superb as well.

I usually knit pick at food, hotels, and tour guides-but I really don't have much to complain about on this one. It's a MUST-DO if you are visiting Prague. I wish every country in europe had a Jan & Zuzi to host something like this!!

1 Thank Ksh1107
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Perfect way to experience Prague! DO IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I had so much fun with Zuzi and Jan- and it is mostly due to their incredible passion for what they do. They have a great way of expressing Czech history through food, sights, and personal stories. I don't think you can get this experience anywhere else!

Visited March 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Food, drink, modern history combined”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Zuzi and Jan were superb hosts. They are warm, friendly people and their depth of knowledge is excellent. The great food and drinks we experienced could not have been done without their guidance. Great to get lots of info on modern history. The guided walk was superb, with lots of little stops on the way. Highly recommended.

Bellevue, Nebraska
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Very different, very fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We can't say more than all the other review have said. the food was great, as were the locations. Our group was a bit dull, but that was okay. Our favorite was the little wine bar at the end of the night. We went back there the next night for wine and cheese. It was yummy and very inexpensive. I am not a big meat eater, and they made accommodations for me that were perfect.

Visited April 2012