“Bit disappointing”

Ferdinanda
Ranked #122 of 5,426 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Brisbane, Australia
“Bit disappointing”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After reading the reviews we were expecting great food but found that it was just average so were a little disappointed. While the pork with apricot was tasty and tender, the steak was overcooked and a bit tough. Beer and wine were good.The service was good and staff friendly.Not far from the main train station. Has a non smoking floor.

• Visited June 2014

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Poole, United Kingdom
“All that for the price. Wow!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went here on a recommend. And ate on what others said. The Seven Bullets beer has robe done as does all the beers from the micro brewery. Two of us ate for fifteen quid and that included three beers (one came free with my wife's food) and a ten per cent tip. We are coming back this week before we leave. If only to buy some beers to take home!

Visited May 2014
Warsaw, Poland
“Great typical czech place with nice service and goodfood”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Not the typical touristic restaurant however in a central location. Very nice service and great tasty food. Local lunch menu with regular prices. You eat great and dont feel ripped off! I recommend!

Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Went for an evening meal with my partner, turned up and greeted by a friendly waiter, despite his lack of English he was very helpful and cheery. We shared the pork leg. Wine and beer was good and all in all very good value for money.

We returned with our family a couple of days later for lunch as we were impressed on our first visit. However a different member of staff assisted us. Two of us opted for steak, we were not asked how we would like it cooked and it came too rare for me, steak knives (it was impossible to cut without) were not provided and both of us agreed that that steak was tough in parts. However at the same time my partner had scalloped pork with Blue cheese sauce which was stunning and another member of our group was pleased with the Goulash that they ordered.

The lunch menu was in Czech only, which I have no problem with given where we were, so after establishing that the main menu didn't contain desserts we asked the waiter what our options were. He did not know and returned to advise us verbally, needless to say his description and our interpretation were lost in translation which although is not a negative on the restaurant as after all we are in their country, I was left somewhat disappointed when I received my dessert that I had pancakes with blackcurrant sauce and cream instead of chocolate pancakes with ice cream.

Lots of positives with a few negatives. Based on my experience, I'd still recommend anyone to attend as it's a lovely little restaurant with very low prices, but maybe lean towards the pork

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Dan C
“Good value . Good food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Had a nice time with my family there. The food was very good ( i had the gulash) and the service realy nice. It is simple but I would come back