“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #261 of 651 Hotels in Prague
London
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel as part of our trip to Prague.

Its certainly not a 4* hotel, but its great value for money, provided you can get a good deal.

The hotel is clean, staff were helpful when we asked them for anything, they pre-booked us a taxi to the train station which was great.

Breakfast buffet was great, plenty of things to choose from, toast, cereal, tea, juice, eggs etc. although not to great for a fussy vegetarian like myself (but that's not their fault)!

It is close to a fairly busy road so at times is very noisy. Its very basic, but we just wanted somewhere comfortable to sleep as we didn't plan on spending a lot of time there.

Reasonably close to the centre. 30 minute taxi ride from Prague airport. 10/15 minute taxi ride from train station. Small supermarket opposite.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't look over the road as it is noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kirsty H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

When I booked the place I has high expectations since it was listed as 4 star through the website I booked. It is definitely not a 4 star hotel. However when you consider that you are paying about $30 for a private room, I think it is worth it. When I travel I usually don't spend a whole lot of time on my hotel room so I prefer something safe, simple and inexpensive. The hotel offers free wifi and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the breakfast. Staff isn't the friendliest but so far I haven't found a whole lot of overly friendly people in Prague. The walls are paper thin and you can hear a lot of noise from your room. I booked another night mainly because of the low price and I wouldn't have to move my bags. If you get a good deal on a room I would stay, otherwise try somewhere else.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gilster1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have just spent three days at this hotel I would like to say it was shabby chic unfortunately it was just shabby. The two male staff were very helpful but all the female staff looked like someone had just told them their dog had died. I would only give this a two star.

Room Tip: Building works, sorry no pool and no restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Glynis C

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

India
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

From the first minute when we came across the grumpiest receptionist ever ( no good morning , good day or a smile) it was a sub-standard stay. A room that had window cleaners working through the day, a leaky bathroom and inconsistent housekeeping, the only pluses were the size of the room, the hotel's proximity to the metro and a neat bathroom. The breakfast personified the inconsistent and indifferent attitude that we experienced during our stay.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank herb11
rawalpindi
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Deutsche Bahn booked this hotel for us (two couples) and rated it as 4-stars. When we arrived there, the reception was a little cold but okay. And the rooms allocated were on 5th floor where the lift did not go. So we had to carry our heavy suitcases up one flight of stairs. And the rooms (501 and 502) were like a converted attic. No fan. No Air conditioner. No refrigerator. No tea-bags, although the towels and linen was clean. Breakfast was, however, good. We would not rate this above 2 stars. Location is a little far from the Metro Station, and not walkable to any famous landmark. You have to take a Metro to Old Town, Wenceslaw Square and Prague Castle/Charles Bridge. No guide map of Prague was available at the Hotel. I would not recommend this to any weary traveller unless his arm was twisted.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arif M
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here on May 2013. Hotel have a good location - in 10 minutes you can reach the city center by metro or tram.
Staff is very friendly.
Our room was quiet, clean and big (we had a triple room). Towels changed every day. Also I liked breakfasts.
I can reccomend this hotel to travelers who are looking for a quite place near the city center.
And finally WiFi in the room it's great))

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank OlgaSu
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Hi everybody, my name is Yagub,
I was in Praga last week, Praga is the most beautiful city of Europe. We have been in this hotel Taurus, it was really beautiful place in old style and it s closer to city center , with clean rooms, with very kindly reseption stuff , greatest thanks to Lenka ( reception stuff) She was very kindly, and very positive girl, She helped us in every situation, and explained everything correctly, easy. And Thomas (also reception stuff) was very kindly too.

Value you deserve ,
Great regards,

Yagub Najafli - Lala Najafova.

• Stayed July 2013