“Good Value”
Review of Hotel Taurus

Hotel Taurus
Ranked #241 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Taurus Hotel offers good value close to Central Prague. My room was of a reasonable size though I believe the room sizes do differ throughout the hotel. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows, a writing desk and cupboard were welcome additions to the room. The shower had good pressure though no toiletries beyond liquid soap were provided. I was on the fifth floor, though the lift only hoes as high as floor 4 so be aware of this and the lift is small and very slow. My only real complaint about the room was there was only a very small window high up which let in little light and you couldn't see out.
The breakfast provided was excellent and a great start to the day. The staff at the fron desk were always helpful and spoke good English.
It is a good 20-30 minute walk to attractions, best game the metro which is easy to use and only 150 metres from the hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank akmacca

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel Taurus in Prague has good central location, rooms renovated, valuable price. Just single rooms at 5th floor small, a bit dark, small window, not to open, so you have to use aircondition blowing directly to your bed. Very friendly staff, especially at reception. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Elisabeth K
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The offer to stay in the hotel Taurus while visiting Prague with my students seemed to me like a great chance last year. Our expectations have been fulfilled more than we could ever hope. Constant rain within 4 days of our visit of the city was forgotten in a few seconds after coming in our warm, comfortable, neat and safe hotel rooms. The heaters were working (it was the end of May). I´d never believed that my teenage students would have been so admired not only with the hotel accomodation, but also getting on so well with willing and nice receptionists and accomodating personnel. It has seemed to me we stayed in a friendly, like family-run hotel. The services were provided with willingness, no question, wish or request was the problem. I´d mention one, very convenient for our group: the possibility to store our baggage in the hotel luggage room on the last day of our stay for some hours to the time of our departure to the bus station Florenc. The location of the hotel is convenient for us, as well, because of almost perfect Prague city transport (tram, underground stop Jiřího z Poděbrad). So, it would be the bad mistake not return there the next time. We did that and my other students got the same comfort in all ways (rooms, breakfast, additional services) as in the year before. I was very pleased with the fact one young male receptionist remembered me from our last stay. Another young man was very helpful for us in connection with our sunburning problems this year. He promised to take care about two our girls beeing leaving alone in their room ( one of them had temperature) while our group was walking out in the nigth Prague to say goodbye to the city. It has been the most appreciative help and we have been very grateful for the safety of our group that night and of the both of our stays in the hotel Taurus. Many thanks to my e-mail partner, Mrs.Jana Peková from AVE hotels, as well. I´m sure we will meet again next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edita T
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights; as a 'budget' hotel, we were very aware that the quality of the hotel may not be the highest but were pleasantly surprised. Staff were all very friendly and helpful...Miroslav, thank you SO MUCH for all your advice and answering our questions, even down to telling us where local people ate out, which helped us get a better idea of the local people and food. I learnt a few words of Czech before I went and I think this really benefited us with getting help from people as we at least TRIED to communicate in the local language. Metro is about 100 metres down the road, so easy to use and get to the tourist sites; local shop (Albert) is across the road with shopping centre further up (about 300 metres).
Good, clean rooms with comfortable beds, just what was needed as we spent little time there. Breakfast was enjoyable, providing a good start to the day if you're visiting the tourist sites, doing a lot of walking. Try the local drinks - Kofola, Czech version of 'Coca cola' and if you like Guinness, try Staropramen dark or Bud dark, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Would definitely recommend Taurus to people and would return again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul D
AVEHotels, Manager at Hotel Taurus, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Paul,
thank you for your kind review and rating, we appreciate it very much! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our amazing city of Prague and our hotel. I will pass your commendations to the owner of our AVEhotels chain!
It is our aim to offer the best service availible. Thank you also for the top tips for other travellers here on Tripadvisor. I can only agree with you.

We all hope that you will one day return and we all wish you a great summer!

Sincerely from sunny Prague,

Eduard, QC Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel Taurus was a very good hotel with big grand rooms. We had a very large room with good facilities and a good bathroom. The buffet breakfast was nice which was included within our deal. The hotel was a bit further out from the main sights but a very short tram ride down the road it was on made a difference and got us close enough. Good stay

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Wallwork-95
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel was a big disappointment: there was no hot water, the boiler had constant problems, the wi fi does NOT work, the room smelled awful of paint, the bed is too short, so if you are a tall person, skip this hotel, as there is no room for legs is those beds. The receptionist was very rude when we asked about hot water and wi fi.
The place for breakfast was underground in a hall way, it was not a restaurant, it was full of people and there was no ventilation.
Expect a 2* hotel if you choose this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Miha C
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The room and the services were perfect!
Just near the subway and not far from the historical center. Ideal location.
Very good breakfast, large enough to spend the day with a full tank of energy.
Wifi enabled!