“Fantastic”

Ranked #192 of 649 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Great place, clean friendly and modern with a designers touch, it does not have a old dusty tourist-traplike atmosphere like so much of prague seems to have.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Petr E, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this review, 3 February 2016
Dear JoTg, thank you for your review and for your stay with us, I hope to see you back in our hotel in future. Sincerely, Petr Egresi - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Stayed 4 nights at Hotel Noir. I enjoyed the ample space of the room that I was given. Even with 2 beds and 1 extremely bulky luggage, there is still ample space to move around. The room has a floor to ceiling window allowing natural light to hit in during the day time which is perfect. Shower/bath tub is separate from toilet. Room was always impeccably cleaned.

Receptionist was very helpful. For example she helped me to make reservation for jazz boat, modified my reservation and then helped me to cancel the reservation when the winter weather in Prague became too unbearable for me to venture out at night. That was how helpful and patient the receptionist was!

Breakfast was complimentary. Hot breakfast was provided without charge (hot breakfast meaning sausages, scrambled eggs). Excellent selection of tea.

Wifi was provided free of charge. Great internet connection.

Hotel is within walking distance to shops and tourist attractions (e.g. Astronomical Cloak, National Museum).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JoTg
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This was our first trip to Prague and we thoroughly enjoyed it all. This hotl is excellent. Clean. Value for money and above all staff were very friendly courteous and professional. We couldn't fault a thing and would recommend anyone going to Prague to stay here

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank SMBird
CSquaredC2
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Honestly, I struggled whether to rate this 3-stars or 4. In the end I'm going with a solid 4 stars because it met every expectation I had and it was a great hotel for it's class. No, this isn't a luxury hotel and if that's what you're looking for, then this isn't it. The Noir Hotel is a newer property - the gentleman at the front desk said it had been open for 4 months and that's what I liked about it - it was clean and modern. Traveling solo, that's all I needed.

First, the location is pretty good. It's not in the main tourist square, but pretty close either by walking or taking the metro. It is located a few minutes walk from the I.P. Pavlova metro stop and about a 5-10 minute walk of the Namesti Miru metro stop. The main square is probably a 10 minute walk away. I had no problem with the location as the metro trains seemed to run pretty often and like clockwork. If you weren't looking for it, you'd miss the hotel as it has a non-descript facade and I walked right by it the first time. On the corner is a mini-market open till midnight. The street it fronted though was very busy at all hours of the day and I imagine if you had a room on that side of the street, you'd hear the busy-ness of the street.

My room was on the top floor facing the courtyard. Although I really couldn't see the courtyard because the ceiling was slanted and the windows really pointed more upward to the sky which let in lots of natural light. My room was more of a studio-style. The room was very clean with a big bed (I don't know if it was just two twins pushed together or one big bed), had a great shower which opened up to the room and a separate area for the toilet. Now, that was one of the minor oddities. The toilet was in a space that felt like a closet when you closed the door. Which you would do if you were staying in the same room with someone. The problem was I could not find a light of any kind - I really don't think there was a light in the bathroom. The room also had a mounted LCD TV which had a bunch of channels with one in english: BBC News and a few channels dedicated to music. There was also a phone and a safe in the room. The safe initially didn't work, but the staff took care of that right away. The only other minor thing about the room that I would change is the lighting. The lighting in the room was kind of pale and drab and at night was kind of weird. But I didn't spend a lot of time in the room, so it really didn't matter that much.

There was also a daily breakfast, which was pretty decent to start your day. Everyone I encountered on staff were nice and attentive. The staff, coupled with the modern and cleanliness of the hotel is why I am giving this place 4 stars.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room not facing the street.