“Tasty food and our favorite beer in Prague”

Strahov Monastic Brewery
Ranked #306 of 6,047 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hradčany & Letná
Description: This is already listed as an attraction, but it is a bar and a restaurant.
Reviewed 29 April 2017

My husband and I ate here a total of three times during our 5 days in Prague. It was very convenient to our hotel, but the food and beer were what kept us coming back. It fills up quickly, and a lot of the tables are reserved, but we always managed to find a spot somewhere. All three meals were delicious, and service was good every time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Savoy hotel near by and restaurant was our choice twice in a week. Beer is fantastic, you have as well seasonal choices. I tried sakura blossom ale with sweet honeycomb favour and black tea after taste. Food was coming out quick so precooked most of it. But what u need to remember most of CZ dishes take long time to cook (stews, roast pork). We tried pork knuckle, trout, duck salad and pork ribs on different days and all was fantastic. All food comes w pickles and sauces.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered the veal and asparagus burger which was surprisingly tasty. My husband said the rabbit was delicious. All reasonably priced given it's right next to a top tourist spot.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

This place is an absolute nightmare, I never meet in my life a waiter like that.

I recommend not to go here. Prague is one of the most wonderful cities in the wold and it is not fair to have this kind of service in the bars and breweries.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

I'm a beer lover and I really loved the range of Czech beer here! Quite a lot of options, including a great IPA. It's very cozy inside, we got here at just before midday and it was already crowded. It's not very big inside but there are plenty of seats outside which will be useful as it gets warmer. In any case, feel free to share one of the large tables if you can find a seat - everyone was friendly and happy to sit together. Service is prompt and you get table service once you have a seat - or just order a drink at the bar and take in the warm old style atmosphere!