“Nice pub / caffé”
Review of U Chlupatyho Ducha - CLOSED

U Chlupatyho Ducha
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice place, situated in the midst of the New Town. 2 floors - ground level is café. We loved the bookshelves all around the room packed with books. They make it cozy and intellectual. The heating (or insulation) could have been working harder - it was slightly chilly there.
On the subterrain floor is pizzeria of fine quality and moderate prices (up to CZK 150,-). What I liked best, though, is the small brewery-house beer which was served alongside few others. I think it may have been "Chlumec" (I confess I stole one of the beer mats so that why I know the brand :-) - smoky, semi dark special, served both upstairs and downstairs.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this place we popped our head in the bar and was delighted to directed to the cellar. Pizza was the besy i have tasted out side of italy v friendly staff. Prices were surprising for the food qualty we will be returning tonight. Great atmosphere mixed age groups.you can watch them making your pizza give it a try you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

The entrance is a door next to 'kabana' go downstairs,very nice decor, tiled artwork and iron wicker design staircase, loved it. Pizzas are 89-149kc and czech meals around 149. We shared a pizza, small salad and large beer each between two, total cost was 260kc = £8.40. We found it by getting lost and had a look at tripadvisor app for restaurants closeby, would go again if it was closer to our hotel. TIP: kitchen closes at 930, we werent told so missed out on dessert :-(

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was very close to our hotel so after a days site seeing as very good. The meals were simple Czech food and pizzas, but very good. A meal for 2 with a glass of wine was about £10, (can't do that many places). The young staff were very helpful and spoke good English.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were a bit disappointed. After several great experiences in other Prague restaurants our expectations might have been set up a bit high but this restaurant didn’t deliver an evening we hoped for. I think what was lacking the most is the atmosphere. It felt cold and not really welcoming. Actually the moment we sit down I felt like actually leaving. Music was random and there were gaps between songs… just a bit unprofessional. I had camembert and gnocchi with spinach which tasted fine. Service felt too fast. Before we finished our starter, we already got main dish… it felt like we are rushed. When I was still eating, plate of my partner was already cleaned up which gave us a weird impression. Dishes are priced fair and it won’t ruin your budget. Maybe we were just unlucky with this evening, but we won’t come back.