“Eye opening tours in Prague”

Insight Cities Prague
Book In Advance
More Info
US$65.00*
and up
Small-Group Walking Tour in Prague: Stories of...
Ranked #51 of 551 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Walking Tours
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Based on the good reviews on trip advisor, we ordered two tours in Prague: the Prague castle tour and the Jewish quarter tour. Looking back choosing insight Prague was an excellent choice. Both guides Vadim and Pavel were passionate, with deep knowledge and open to discussions. It definitely wasn't an automatic passing of information. Highly recommended to anyone who want more than just the very basic facts.

All reviews
"personal tour"
in 4 reviews
"three hours"
in 6 reviews
"strongly recommend this tour"
"private walking tour"
"jewish quarter"
in 8 reviews
"in depth knowledge"
"cold war"
"amazing city"
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Insight Prague was highly recommended to by a friend and I was glad I followed her advice. We initially signed up for two tours - insight Prague and the cold war. Both were excellent in providing not only information on the "sites" but also background information so you could put them in context. We really appreciated Vad engaging us in a discussion and not just a litany of facts, figures, and useless information. This helped us develop an appreciation for Prague as a city and just a tourist destination. We were so impressed with the two tours we signed up for a third tour of Terazein and were just as equally impressed.

John, Sue and Sarah

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Prague is full of tourists in large groups, following a guide with a red umbrella, trying to keep up and listen on headphones at the same time. That's NOT our way of seeing a city! Insight Prague offers much more personal tours, with guides who are superbly well informed and responsive to the interests/questions of clients. We had a hard time choosing among the walks, but decided to explore Jewish Prague with Katerina. All five of us had been to Prague before, but never this part of the city, and we all enjoyed every minute of the tour. We came away with a deep appreciation for the long, incredibly rich history of the community, the unspeakable crimes of the Holocaust, and the current revival of the Jewish community. We will definitely consider going on "Insight" walks offered in other cities.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We spent a fabulous morning with Vad as our guide. My wife and I both love the history part to every city we travel to. Vad took us on an amazing 4 hour history and architecture tour that seemed to go by too soon. His style in delivering the lesson is so easy to listen to and absorb. He is a true scholar but can relate his knowledge to the normal tourist(which I am). I will recommend Vad to every person who I know will be traveling to Prague as the best and thorough guide in this beautiful city.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I recently moved to Prague for the summer. Aside from its main tourist attractions and captivating fairtytale-esk city views, I did not know much about the city. A friend of mine recommended I go through InsightCities for a tour of Prague. Let me say that never again will I ever go back to basic tour busses or group tours. I was able to learn so much at such a deeper level on this individual guided tour from a rather very educated, and passionate scholar. While some say Prague is the city of stone, and other say Prague is the city of red caps, I say Prague is a city of dreams. InsightPrague showed me a completely different view of Prague and I have forever fallen in love with this enchanting city. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, expertise, and time. I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Sasha S