In terms of value for money, this is the best hotel (apartment) that we have ever stayed at. The studio apartment was huge, tastefully decorated and a hidden gem by all accounts.
Location wise, it is a little outside of the city centre but the number 22 tram stops just about outside the front door and that takes you up to the castle district. Right next to that, is the metro station where two stops will see you arrive at the Old Town Square. A few reviews that mentioned the noise levels but we were facing the main road and it wasn't bad at all. To be fair, we were on the top floor and we were aware that the road was there but it never prevented us sleeping or woke us up.
The reception staff were pleasant enough. They did the absolutely bare minimum when it came to providing customer service. They weren't rude at all but at the same time, it seemed like they would rather be doing something else or continuing their personal phone call.
Few things that weren't quite right :
- There was no English TV channels. One of the receptionists came up to have a look but couldn't figure out why we were only getting Czech channels. We did become fans of power metal over the few days we were there.
- The safe in the room didn't work. I followed the instructions on the sheet provided but nothing.
- There was no shower curtain when we arrived. When we came back in from being out the next day, one had appeared though. Not that it made a huge difference because the setup was a bath with a shower handle coming from the tap. There was no fixture above to hang a shower from.
- The curtains in the room don't actually cover the whole window.
- The batteries had corroded in one of the remotes. These were changed along with the appearance of the shower curtain.
Still, taking these minor points into consideration, I wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else in Prague if I were to visit again. And I'll certainly be recommending it to anyone visiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Court Apartments are located in only 10 minutes walk from Wenceslas square – the heart of the modern town. Metro/tram station I.P.Pavlova is in only 2 minutes walk.The apartments are well equipped with all necessary for your comfortable stay.All our apartments have complete kitchenette and a private bathroom. Wi-fi Internet and TV are free for your use during all the period of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Court Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.