“A great weekend in Prague”

Ranked #50 of 660 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Maidenhead
“A great weekend in Prague”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Location of this accommodation really worked for us here. Easy walking distance to a super bakery for breakfasts (Bakeshop Praha). Also sampled the best pizza and pasta dishes anywhere cooked fresh in the pizzeria just opposite apartment. Would recommend the prawn cocktail starter
Warm welcome at hotel on arrival and checked in early. Whilst settling in lovely bottle of fizz with fruit and chocolate canapes delivered with compliments. A great start to our stay.
My husband enjoyed the gym for one afternoon whilst I sampled a few treatments which work out at similar prices to the UK
Unfortunately we did not have an apt with a view but as we were out all day this was OK with us.
Towels in room a bit thin but very clean and bed was comfortable which worked for me as i suffer with my back.
Indulged in hotel limo back to airport as this was same price as taxi on arrival. A comfortable and relaxing end to the weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear CJM18
I would like to thank you very much for your stay at Golden Prague Residence along with your wonderful feedback related to your overall satisfaction. I am happy to hear about your positive feedbacks especially related to our warm welcome and small surprise upon arrival in the guest room. It is fantastic to read such a valuable comments as this information giving us excellent feedback about our services. We are looking forward welcoming you back to our property in future. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any assistance requested.
With kind regards
Petr Vodicka
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting the Christmas markets. The room was lovely with a large bathroom, sitting area, kitchen area and bedroom. We had full use of the facilities at the Intercontinental which was opposite the apartments, this included the pool, sauna etc and breakfast which was lovely.

When we originally booked the GPR through Easyjet we thought we were booking the Intercontinental but we were more than happy with our error!

The receptionist on our last day was fabulous, I never caught his name but he certainly went the extra mile when my suitcase zip broke just as we were to leave the hotel for the airport and arranging our transfer to the airport.

Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank h1985cat
PRGHA, Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear h1985cat,
thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences on tripadvisor. First of all I would like to apologize that you had the impression to book the InterContinental Hotel. We will definitely talk to easy jet to make this more clear. But you are right, since these are apartments with more space and facilities in the rooms it is a great alternative and might even suit the needs better, since still the hotel services are available next door.
I am also very happy to read that our staff member at the reception were able to help you.
I hope we will see you again.
Executive Assistant Manager
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We stayed here in August for 12 days. Lovely apartments and great location. Close for all attractions and good facilities. Only complaint was that for this calibre of hotel would have at least expected complimentary water in the rooms for guests, some body cream with the toiletries and that the pool should not have been closed for the last few days of our visit. Also hotel could not find our booking at check in but this was resolved quite quickly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
PRGHA, Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear annedoug,
thank you very much for choosing the Golden Prague Residence for your long stay in Prague.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that we had to close the Health Club, but we need to do in a regular basis a deep cleaning and maintenance of this area to guarantee our guests the highest hygiene standards possible.
Still I hope we will see you again.
Switzerland
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at GPR last week in Prague. It is such a lovely place to stay. We had booked a superior one bedroom apartment from booking.com. The apartment was beautifully furnished and is part of the Intercontinental group in some way: you can use all hotel facilities, the check in and check out is through IHC and you can use the concierge's services there too. It is few minutes walk from old town and right next to the jewish quarter. Couldn't have expected a better location. The swimming pool at Intercontinental was lovely and we had a really relaxing time there. Our apartment was cleaned everyday. Also, the guest relations left a cake for my husband for his birthday. It was a really sweet gesture.

I can't recommend this place enough!!!

Room Tip: Choose superior apartments as they are not that much more expensive than normal ones but are a lot b...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
PRGHA, Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear swmi_edi,
thank you so much for your great and positive feedback on tripadvisor. I am really happy that we could surprise you positively in different areas.
I really hope we will see you again soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We choose Golden Prague Residence because it is an apartment building with laundry machines and it is also connected to the InterContinental hotel with use of the hotel pool and gym facilities. As it turned out, the location was also excellent right off the river a block from the Jewish section and a few blocks from the main town square. It was easy to walk everywhere and there were also several trams that stopped right outside the hotel.

The apartment was small but sufficient. It is business sytle so not luxurious or stylish but nicely decorated and has everything you need. It had a small kitchen with eating counter, a smaill living room with couch and TV, and a small bedroom with bed, closet, and another TV.

Laundry machines were available on two of the floors of the apartment building. Be ware they took a very long time so do early or late if you don't want to waste a day doing laundry. The gym and pool of the hotel were lovely. There were group gym classes in addition to a full complement of equipment.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear booptraveler,
thank your very much for your evaluation of our Golden Prague Residence on tripadvisor. It is great to read that you appreciated the facilities and especially the location which is right in the center of Prague and convenient to all sights.
I hope we will welcome you soon again.
Salvador, BA
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights and the room was much better than I expected: clean, beautiful and spacious..The staff in the Intercontinental Hotel was always helpful and nice. The transfer service helped me a lot, since it was not so expensive and the hotel driver , although he didn`t speak English very well, tried to show us the important points in the city on the way to the hotel.
I really loved staying in this hotel and I would recommend it.
If I go back to Prague one day, I will certainly stay in the Golden Prague Residence.again.

IF I GO BACK TO PRAGUE ONE DAY, I WILL CERTAINLY STAY IN GOLDEN PRAGUE RESIDENCE AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
PRGHA, Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear ameliamuniz40,
thank you so much for writing about our Golden Prague Residence. I really appreciate that you mentioned that you loved staying in one of the apartments.
I hope to see you soon again.
Executive Assistant Manager