“Good find”

Ranked #51 of 655 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good find”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked this hotel because it was listed as being close to the Intercontinental and my transfers dropped us off at the Intercontinental. To my pleasant surprise the "Residence" was managed by the Intercontinental and when I went into the Intercontinental to ask where the "Residence" was the Intercontinental had my reservation, handled the booking and directed me immediately next door to the Golden Prague Residence. The Residence was a small one bedroom, with an adequate kitchen including a refrigerator and a sitting room. It was very convenient to many of the sites in Prague.
I did experience the problem of my room not being made up so check whther they have daily maid service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Petr V, Front Office Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear AlPesa_13,
I am taking this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at Golden Prague Residence apartment. I do appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing with us your personal experiences. Please be informed that we do have available daily maid service in apartments and if there are any specific requests we are happy to arrange it anytime. Please let me know directly if there is anything else I can do for your and we are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future. Have a lovely weekend.
With Kind regards
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked this apartment hotel as I needed to stay in the Jewish Quarter and the Intercontinental was too expensive and all the other hotels in the area looked disgusting! I could not have been more pleased. It was much cheaper than the Intercontinental but as it was run by them you had the benefit of their level of service (and the fitness centre) whilst having the added bonus of a lounge and kitchen. The front door is situated just opposite the front entrance to the Intercontinental where you go to check in, a perfect location. The only negative was that the pillows were ridiculously soft, meaning I couldn't sleep at all the first night. I solved this by folding up a spare duvet to make a pillow I could sleep on, but the next day it had disappeared and been replaced with yet another pillow as housekeeping must have thought I had made a mistake! Luckily I found another spare duvet for the next night!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Petr V, Front Office Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Dear RDR86,
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at Golden Prague Residence. I do appreciate your valuable feedbacks and I am honestly more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction and level of our service. Regarding the pillow please be informed that during the next time simply ask housekeeping department or actually any staff member and this particular issue would be resolved immediately – we do have certainly available several pillows based on customer request. We are doing our best to make our guests happy so please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel is very nice, very clean, fantastic brekfast, very nice staf, we recived for ower birthday champagne in the room from the hotel, also a plate with very good chocolate and strawbery. The location is perfect , 5 minutes form the old city center.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Catalina V,
I would like to take this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your stay at Golden Prague Residence. I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction and especially regarding our lovely staff, fantastic breakfast and cleanliness. We are doing our best to make our guests happy and your lovely words are the best available award for all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Maale Adumim
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Friends who had previously stayed there, recommended the residence for our first visit to Prague. It's linked to the 5* Intercontinental, 25 meters from the hotel. You get to use all hotel services (check-in/out, wonderful concierge, gym/pool, internet) but have your own mini-apt suite w/fully equipped kitchen. We used the kitchen for breakfast, making lunches and several late lite dinners. Beds are made, apt cleaned daily. We called when we had problem w/a leak in bathroom and TV not working and they came quickly and fixed the problems. Mattress & pillows were a bit soft for our taste, but that's us; we managed for the 4 nites we were there.
Location is unbeatable - 2 mins from the Josephov Jewish quarter, 8 mins from the Old Town Square, 10 mins from Charles Bridge. Highly recommended. We'll definitely stay there on future visits.

Room Tip: Elevator is a bit slow so I'd ask for a lower floor next time; in any case there's no noise...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear holycook,
Thank you for your stay at Golden Prague Residence Apartment during the month of May 2013. I do appreciate your very nice comments regarding our apartment including the equipment and what is the most important for me is the fact that any of your requests were immediately resolved – thank you for sharing with us. Your overall satisfaction feedback is very valuable for us and we already looking forward welcoming you back to our property during your next time in Prague.
Bishopsteignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights with friends for a city break. The location was perfect, next to a tram stop, and around 300 metres to the metro. It was also a short walk to the Old Town Square, a lovely place to sit and watch all the strange coves and amusing goings on! The apartment was fabulous, much nicer than a cramped hotel room. We had breakfast included which was taken next door in the InterContinental Hotel, again superb, one of the best hotel breakfasts we have ever eaten, we had so much to eat, we didn't manage lunch on all three days! Also we had the use of the hotel pool, sauna etc, so we had the advantages of an apartment, with the convenience of a hotel. If we ever go to Prague again, we will stay here, 100% recommended.

Room Tip: We booked through Alpharooms.com and we had the smallest apartment, but it was plenty big enough.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear Nigel1812
I am taking this opportunity to thank you for your stay at Golden Prague Residence in March 2013 along with your valuable feedback regarding your overall satisfaction. It is so lovely to read your positive comments and I do highly appreciate you sharing with us your personal experience especially about quality of breakfast, Health Club and fabulous apartment. This kind of information is the most wonderful award for us as satisfaction of our hotel guests along with making them feel like at home is one of the most important focuses. We are already looking forward welcoming you back to our property and please if there is anything particular I can do for you during your next time in Prague, do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly.
Maidenhead
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Location of this accommodation really worked for us here. Easy walking distance to a super bakery for breakfasts (Bakeshop Praha). Also sampled the best pizza and pasta dishes anywhere cooked fresh in the pizzeria just opposite apartment. Would recommend the prawn cocktail starter
Warm welcome at hotel on arrival and checked in early. Whilst settling in lovely bottle of fizz with fruit and chocolate canapes delivered with compliments. A great start to our stay.
My husband enjoyed the gym for one afternoon whilst I sampled a few treatments which work out at similar prices to the UK
Unfortunately we did not have an apt with a view but as we were out all day this was OK with us.
Towels in room a bit thin but very clean and bed was comfortable which worked for me as i suffer with my back.
Indulged in hotel limo back to airport as this was same price as taxi on arrival. A comfortable and relaxing end to the weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear CJM18
I would like to thank you very much for your stay at Golden Prague Residence along with your wonderful feedback related to your overall satisfaction. I am happy to hear about your positive feedbacks especially related to our warm welcome and small surprise upon arrival in the guest room. It is fantastic to read such a valuable comments as this information giving us excellent feedback about our services. We are looking forward welcoming you back to our property in future. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any assistance requested.
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting the Christmas markets. The room was lovely with a large bathroom, sitting area, kitchen area and bedroom. We had full use of the facilities at the Intercontinental which was opposite the apartments, this included the pool, sauna etc and breakfast which was lovely.

When we originally booked the GPR through Easyjet we thought we were booking the Intercontinental but we were more than happy with our error!

The receptionist on our last day was fabulous, I never caught his name but he certainly went the extra mile when my suitcase zip broke just as we were to leave the hotel for the airport and arranging our transfer to the airport.

Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank h1985cat
PRGHA, Manager at Golden Prague Residence, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear h1985cat,
thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences on tripadvisor. First of all I would like to apologize that you had the impression to book the InterContinental Hotel. We will definitely talk to easy jet to make this more clear. But you are right, since these are apartments with more space and facilities in the rooms it is a great alternative and might even suit the needs better, since still the hotel services are available next door.
I am also very happy to read that our staff member at the reception were able to help you.
I hope we will see you again.
with kind regards