“Definitely the place to be !”
Review of NYX Prague

NYX Prague
Ranked #180 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Reims, France
“Definitely the place to be !”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

As I come very often to Prague, I was looking for a cool place and I really found joy in this incredible hotel. Rooms are clean, racy and innovative. The team will provide you with a warm and attentive welcome. Book and try out, believe me, you will not regret it ! I've been to Fusion twice and will be back again soon !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Simon B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, NSW
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel has an edgy feel. The staff are so friendly and have the time to chat and get to know you. It has a sort of backpackerr type atmosphere, young people everywhere, a good placeto meet people but at the same time is well appointed, I loved the. Breakfast room and the layout of the ground floor entry. The rooms are clean and modern, but basic. really good value for money. The hallways aes done with blackboard paint and everything is written on walls with chalk which is illuminated. Soup kitchen yummy and so cheap. Location was awesome.
On the down side, there was no air conditioning in our room and quite stuffy as I was there in summer. the hallways are dark because of blackboard paint, so a bit disconcerting if you are a young female by yourself. floors are painted cement Which felt a bit like a jail cell but that was sort of part of the charm I guess.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with good ventilation if going in warm weather.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in an 8 bed dorm. Found everything here to be fantastic, beds were very comfy and we had our own bathroom. It lacks a really good "common area" where you can chat and meet new people but that's something I'm sure they can develop in time.

• Stayed July 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed at Fusion Hotel with 3 friends, we had the Xtensive room, the room with the bed for four persons! It was great. The bed was a whole new experience, I really recommend it! The rooms were nice, clean, the bathroom was great with a really cool shower! You can get new towels every day if you like. The only thing I missed was a small table in the room, but that's it. The staff helped us very good. Our room had breakfast included, so each morning we enjoyed breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, toast, cereal, too many things! Love it! It's a great hotel and it's not expensive. The design is wonderful. Go there!

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in one bed together, choose the Xtensive room ;-)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jesuisnaomi
NahDja, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear jesuisnaomi :0)
I am happy to hear that you liked our big beds! We wanted to create something special and to see that you appreciate it makes us really proud. Many thanks for your review! Happy travels, Nah-Dja aka The Boss!
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

We did not book in advance so me and a friend did not know what to expect. At the station we were send to the fusion hotel where we booked a 6 persons dorm for 22 per night. The room was very good, spacious, clean and we where lucky to meet some nice people. Also the service is great, you get new towels every day and the bar and restaurant are beyond beautiful! Plus the city is great, if you go to the hostel/ hotel you will be sure of a wonderfull stay!

• Stayed July 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed at Fusion hostel in an 8 bed dorm. Firstly I was in a four bed female dorm, however I asked to move rooms because the room was very small. There wasn't a divider between the bunk beds and the bottom of the bunk bed was a sofa bed, meant for two people. It was very small. As they said they only rent that room to people that know each other, so they had no problem moving a few of us out. The hotel staff were excellent in dealing with this and they were always really friendly and helpful.
The 8 bed dorm was really nice, spacious, very high ceilings and high loft beds. They have a divider but it may be a bit small, you may feel uncomfortable. I had no problem however. Mattresses are really comfy. Housekeeping everyday, and fresh towels (small towels) however I stayed for two weeks and my bed was not changed in the whole two weeks. Maybe this is normal for a hostel, I don't know. Rest of the room was mopped, bathroom cleaned which was really good.
Lockers in the rooms were really big, and free locks at the reception were provided.
Lots of areas to sit and have a chill in the hotel. Soup bar had really good food, so did the restaurant but it was rather pricey.
Decor in the hotel was really funky and modern. Really lively comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms by the street get the sun in the morning so are quite warm.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My review is based more from the hostel perspective as I was staying in an 8 person dorm.

The room was really clean (we even had house-keeping everyday, who would have thought for a hostel!). The 8 person room had 1 full bathroom (shower, toilet and sink) and another toilet and a sink outside. My friend was staying in a 6 person dorm and he had one full bathroom. So in terms of facilities, there were no worries. They even left us towels, shampoo, soap and lotion. Each person got a locker and this is not a small locker, it was like a mini-cupboard, a whole bag could fit in there which was just great. They gave us locks and keys for the locker. The only disadvantage I see in this place is that the 8 person dorm had 2 beds side by side so if you are travelling alone, its a bit unnerving to have to sleep next to someone unknown, even though you get separate duvets. Luckily, I was with a friend so I had no issues there. Some of the 8 person dorms although did have a divider between the beds.

The nice thing about the hostel is that they do have all female dorms which can be nice if you are travelling alone.

Personally, I would suggest booking a 6 person dorm as the 8 persons generally tend to have large groups staying in it which can be a bit much to deal with.

The staff are just wonderful at the reception. They are super helpful. We dealt extensively with a guy called Eric (I think) and he was really nice not that the others are not nice but we mainly encountered him at the reception. As we arrived really early, and check in was at 2pm, they let us check in the moment the beds were ready and this was well before 2pm. They even keep your luggage in a locked room so that if check out or you arrive to early for check in, you can leave your stuff.

I was even shocked to find out that for the little amount I paid, we got a full breakfast buffet, not a simple meal. Although this is not for all guests. It is something you check during the booking.

The interiors itself is super funky, I was quite impressed with it. It is exactly how their website gallery is. The whole place has a nice aura, there is music playing at all times. They even have this tiny red felt room with a TV and a webcam and skype! I thought that was really fun! The lounge had hukkahs and was open till really late.

There was also a soup cafe and a restaraunt which we ate at, it was part of the hotel as well, and the food was reallllly good!

Tip:
The website itself gives you really good discounts and generally free breakfast so I would suggest booking through there. Although, I would call in and check you reservation as ours had some problems. I had booked for two people but they only had it for 1 person. Luckily, we had arrived earlier so we got place and they stuck by the rate I had booked it at.

Room Tip: If you are not in a large group, then the 6 person dorms may be a better option.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends