“Funky Hotel, No Basic Amenities, Centre of the city”
Review of NYX Prague

NYX Prague
Ranked #182 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 June 2014

So i stayed here for my holiday in Prague and chose this hotel due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor. I came to Praha by train and reached the hotel after an approx. walk of 10 minutes. We were greeted at the reception by a sleepy man at 7 am in the morning. I had requested for an early check in via mail. The person informed me that the room is available but I would have to pay a half days charge for getting an early check in. I requested him and told him that no hotels levy such a charge if the room is available, but he wouldn't budge. I had to agree because he wouldnt give me a room before 2 in the afternoon. That guy was so sleepy that he couldnt even give me proper access keys. So had to go down again to the reception and get the new ones. So I checked in and then lodged a string complain with the manager and got the charge waived off. Now lets come to the hotel, the hotel is designed in a really funky manner but the basic amenities have been missed out. Let me list down the lacking basic amenities.

1. No locker in the room, you pay around 100 euros per nigh and you dont even have a locker.(even though there are warnings all over the hotel of beware of being duped)
2. No air conditioning in the rooms, the rooms are so hot, when complained they offered a fan and said there is central air conditioning which i dint feel in the room, the corridors are way more cooler.
3. TV placed at a weird place near the bed, you would be lucky if you dont get hit by it and get injured. I got a hard hit on my shoulder.
4. The bathroom shower area doesnt have a glass compartment so invariably when you take a shower your bathroom become a pool of water.
5. No room service as well, for the price you pay you would expect room service.
6. You dont find any mirrors in the room, so how are you supposed to get ready?
7. The breakfast is very basic, same thing repeated everyday at least for vegetarians. Coffee also pathetic and when you ask for a cappuccino, they say its charged. Thank God they dont charge you even for reserving a table for you.
8. The wi-fi you need to re-login after every 24 hrs.
9. No drinking water is provided in the rooms even for a day.

The location is brilliant, just 5 minutes walk to the old town and the square. The day staff are also very helpful, hence 2 stars for the location and staff otherwise staying with a chain hotel would be a better option when in Prague.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dhaval_Gandhi

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've been hoping to stay in this hotel, since the day they opened it.

Finally I stayed and I really really loved it! It's a really funky hotel, with lots and lots of different cool designs, and the staff is super friendly and helpful too.

It has an absolutely perfect location only a couple mins walk from Wenceslav's Square.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with a couple of your good friends, and would love to share one room with t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Sonased,
thank you for your thumbs up. Its great to hear you that somebody was following us from the day we opened and always wished to come. But what is even better is the fact that we gain you beeing impressed and that is what really matters to us here in fusion.
We are little bit crazy and we love to shock our guests in the positive meaning. And yeah here you are...another happy fusion friend.
Hope you are already planning your next trip.
Kind regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived on a rainy late afternoon in May after a tiring journey with heavy traffic. We couldn't get to the hotel using the sat nav because of roadworks. so ended up parked in Wenceslas square while my husband went on foot to find out about parking. It then took us an hour because of traffic and road works to get to the parking and back to the hotel, which was about 7 minutes walk (not just round the corner as stated on the website). I had contacted the hotel before our visit to find out if we could park next to the hotel to sort out the paid parking, which you have to do first rather than just going straight to the car park, and nothing was mentioned about the roadworks, which would have been useful to know. I was then less than happy to discover that due to a booking error (involving incorrect card details being given by the hotel - I wont bore you with the details) 2 rooms had been reserved for us. I then had to prove by finding the original email, that we had only booked one room, even thought this was the hotels fault. this took a while as the wifi kept booting me off my iphone in reception. We were tired, hungry, I had a bad cold and had lost my voice, so the fact that it took around 40 minutes to check in after a long drawn out parking experience did not make for a happy beginning to the stay. My husband made this point to reception but only received a verbal apology. I made the point by email and again received only an apology and was made to feel grateful that the costs of the second room had been waived even though this was 'against normal booking policy' even though it was not my fault! The staff were always polite and friendly, this is not my gripe - it is that they completely missed that this is not the way to treat paying guests. Even the offer of a free cocktail or something would go some way to offset this inconvenience, but the fact that 1. this happened to begin with and then 2. nothing was offered to say sorry was very disappointing.
Despite this really off-putting beginning to the stay we enjoyed being in the hotel. The room we had (the extreme room) has a fantastic bed, but not much floor space. The bar downstairs was fun and served delicious cocktails - the bar staff were fantastic and made our stay. We really enjoyed breakfast which was plentiful and tasty. The hotel is cool, funky and full of great design details. It is also very handy for walking to all the main sites in Prague.
However, attracting a younger clientel it can be noisy at night - for some reason it is impossible for some people to come back to their room without screaming and running, even at 2am.
We also noticed that the fire hydrant point outside our room did not have a fire hydrant.
Despite all these negatives the fact that we did enjoy our stay points to what a great idea this hotel is. It just needs to really sort out its treatment of customers when things do not go to plan as this is what made me give it 4 rather than 5. I would recommend it completely but you just need to hope that your stay goes without a hitch otherwise you may be disappointed in the response.

Room Tip: The extreme room has a really comfy and huge bed. It is not very spacious so you would need to be a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Alison R,
reading through your review, talking to all my staff about your situation gave me an idea about what happened. I am really sorry your check-in process was not smooth and comfortable enough. Mistakes happen, thats human but we could have handled them in a different way. Lesson learnt for the future, thats for sure. Thank you again for your patience.
What I really appreciate a lot is your attitude. To be honest this is quite special. It always suprises me even after such a long time of hotel experience. Our guests are people like us who talk to us, give us some constructive criticism but at the end they also see and appreciate our work.
I am actually so glad that people like you still exist and I am thankfull for your feedback which is great. You help us to improve the way we work, you let us see what we sometimes dont see beeing inside our small world every day.
Big THANK YOU again
I wish you all the best and I hope to meet you some time again in the future

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stylish hotel in the heart of Prague. Nice and clean! Very friendly staff. Quiet. Incredibly stylish. Delicious breakfast with freshly made rolls, Croissants and more:-) Nice atmosphere. Stylish bar with very low prices, good drinks and jummy good:-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Fride K,
thank you for your opinion and the 3 times stylish :-) Its very nice to read your words and know that you are one of the happy guests and hopefully becoming the friend of fusion. We wish you only to have great choices with your next travel plans and maybe you will again come to Prague one day.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in May, arriving at around 11pm on our first night. After checking in we went to the 360 bar and got chatting to Michal the barman (it was a Monday night and fairly quiet). He recommended a couple of places to eat and visit in Prague - we took up both restaurant recommendations and each one was fab - places we wouldn't have dreamed of going into if we hadn't had a personal recommendation. Michal also made great cocktails (we made use of Fusion's happy hour before dinner!). All the staff were really friendly and went out of their way to be helpful, but Michal stood out particularly.

The hotel was very quirky and the room we stayed in (basic/standard double room) was fairly small (it looks bigger in the photos) with some hanging space. As mentioned before, the bathroom light could have done with being much brighter - it's hard to put on make up in a very dim light! Shampoo/shower gel was provided by way of a dispenser in the shower, but it would have been nice to have had a soap dispenser by the sink too - we didn't take any additional soap, presuming it would be provided. It was also very hot when we visited (we were there during a mini heatwave) and the rooms were particularly hot at night with no adjustable aircon in the room - we opened the window but had to close it after we were woken up by the noise on the street in the night.

Breakfast was good - enough variety of food and everything was fresh - but it was a bit off-putting when the waiter started clearing the table whilst we were still eating. He even took the cutlery away before we'd finished, so we had to hunt around for more! There was a coffee machine in the breakfast room with 'wishy-washy' coffee but we noticed a table of staff eating on our final morning - we watched as one of them got up and made "proper" coffee using the barista machine at the bar for them all - it would have been nice if we'd had that option!

All in all we enjoyed our stay at Fusion and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It was clean, the staff were very friendly and it was very central - easy walking distance to most places in Prague.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel and it was great! Its got a really cool vibe about the place with cool artwork and great music in the bar, all the staff were really helpful and friendly.
The moving 360° bar is such a funky concept, the bar staff make amazing cocktails and are only too happy to help! The only downside is, after a few drinks, if you take your eye off your drink you'll find it has rotated its way around the bar!
The rooms are a tad basic and not huge but for short stay's they're perfect, we had 3 of us in a room. The beds are comfy, the bathroom was clean and modern and the towels were changed as often as needed. In response to some of the comments on lack of variety/rubbish breakfasts, I really have no idea what your talking about! There was plenty of variety, hot/cold meats etc, cereals and pastries (chocolate cake and Rosè wine were a real bonus!)
The place was just really cool, a great variety of people staying and working there which makes for excellent people watching!
I am already looking at prices and availability for a mini break later in the year!
Cheers Fusion, hopefully see you soon!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kyrstem,
I would not describe fusion better. Cool vibe, great concept, cool artwork, great music in the bar and friendly staff...Can I wish for more if you as our guest had this kind of feeling? I dont think so. This is it, this is what we are aiming for. Thank you so much for your sweet words.
And yes please, do come back and let me know your dates directly. I would like to shake your hand:-)
So I can say see you soon

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here for 5nights and everything was very nice!
The location is good!
All sightseeing points are close from the hotel.
And the room and bathroom are clean.
Also staffs are very helpful.
Actually when I go first, there was a problem in bathroom.
But within 10 minutes that I told it to staff, they came up and fixed it!
Especially, breakfast is perfect!
This hostel is one of my favorite accommodation in Europe!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear JAEWON B,
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I know Europe experience must be totally different for you. I am so glad that fusion met your expectations. To be one of your favourite places in Europe is what I like to hear and I appreciate it a lot.
I hope you were able to see everything that Prague offers in your couple of days.
Wish you all the best and fantastic travel experience in your future