So i stayed here for my holiday in Prague and chose this hotel due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor. I came to Praha by train and reached the hotel after an approx. walk of 10 minutes. We were greeted at the reception by a sleepy man at 7 am in the morning. I had requested for an early check in via mail. The person informed me that the room is available but I would have to pay a half days charge for getting an early check in. I requested him and told him that no hotels levy such a charge if the room is available, but he wouldn't budge. I had to agree because he wouldnt give me a room before 2 in the afternoon. That guy was so sleepy that he couldnt even give me proper access keys. So had to go down again to the reception and get the new ones. So I checked in and then lodged a string complain with the manager and got the charge waived off. Now lets come to the hotel, the hotel is designed in a really funky manner but the basic amenities have been missed out. Let me list down the lacking basic amenities.
1. No locker in the room, you pay around 100 euros per nigh and you dont even have a locker.(even though there are warnings all over the hotel of beware of being duped)
2. No air conditioning in the rooms, the rooms are so hot, when complained they offered a fan and said there is central air conditioning which i dint feel in the room, the corridors are way more cooler.
3. TV placed at a weird place near the bed, you would be lucky if you dont get hit by it and get injured. I got a hard hit on my shoulder.
4. The bathroom shower area doesnt have a glass compartment so invariably when you take a shower your bathroom become a pool of water.
5. No room service as well, for the price you pay you would expect room service.
6. You dont find any mirrors in the room, so how are you supposed to get ready?
7. The breakfast is very basic, same thing repeated everyday at least for vegetarians. Coffee also pathetic and when you ask for a cappuccino, they say its charged. Thank God they dont charge you even for reserving a table for you.
8. The wi-fi you need to re-login after every 24 hrs.
9. No drinking water is provided in the rooms even for a day.
The location is brilliant, just 5 minutes walk to the old town and the square. The day staff are also very helpful, hence 2 stars for the location and staff otherwise staying with a chain hotel would be a better option when in Prague.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NYX Prague is perfectly located in the centre of Prague. The pedestrian zone, Municipal House and many cafes and restaurants are just around the corner. You will benefit from very convenient transport connections, just a few minutes walk away from the hotel. The concept hotel NYX Prague features all the modern conveniences you need including free Wi-Fi, delicious breakfast buffet and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your NYX Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.