“Definitely a hip place”
Review of NYX Prague

NYX Prague
Ranked #191 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at Fusion Hotel near the end of May 2014 and enjoyed my stay very much. First off, the location is prime. The main rail station is only a 10-minute walk from the hotel. The famous Na Prikope shopping street is only a 5-minute walk away and there are plenty of restaurants/bars nearby. Main attractions such as the astronomical clock and Old Town Square are only 20-25 minutes by foot. The hotel itself was clean and had a real modern feel to it. The rooms were not as big as one could have hoped and there was no A/C in the room but these were the only downsides to my entire stay at the property. It was definitely worth the price and I would stay there again without hesitation.

P.S. Breakfast was legit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Brandon H,
thank you for your time and giving your opinion. I definetely agree with you. Our location is one of the best things about us. Its just close to everywhere but at the same time its not in the middle of the busiest streets.
I appreciate the fact you would come back to visit Prague again and stay with us.
Thats the biggest thing we can expect from our visitors.
Kindest regards

There are newer reviews for NYX Prague

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We came in Fusion Hotel for the Bachelorette's party of my sister.
The rooms, the location, the 360° bar and the staff were absolutely perfect for this special event.
We rent the white room which has a rooftop, perfect for drinking cocktails and the Xtensive room to sleep all the girls together.
The experience was totally unforgettable for each of us !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Bonjour ZabouZaza,
Merci!! Thank you very much for your words I am really glad that you were happy and enjoyed your party stay. You really did a good choice with using the terrace in the white room. I have experienced a party there myself with our team and it was just amazing.
So I hope you have celebrated the last days of freedom and that the wedding of your sister is another great party.
Wish you all the best

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My stay in Fusion hostels was very good and I am definitely staying there again when I visit Prague next. It is in a vantage location with easy access to all main attractions by walk. It has got an interesting interior decor and there is attention to details that is very impressive. The breakfast was great as well, I loved the dining room and the food. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SandhyaMoise
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear SandhyaMoise,
and thanks to you. I am very glad you enjoyed your dorm which is situated on the first and only floor with dorms in fusion. The rest of fusion floors is filled with themed funny rooms, big bed rooms, family rooms or nice double rooms. Fusion is a mixture of more styles but still as you said with a great attention to details which are sometimes quirky.
Its a pleasure for us to make you feel special and if we are one of the best places you have ever stayed in, something is done right!
Thank you and wish you all the best with your next trips
Best regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We found this hotel quite unique in terms of decor and the atmosphere. Nice central location with very good public transport links. Amazing decor, friendly staff. We had a ROCK room which was very spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We could not work out the apple TV but it did not really bother us much. Very comfortable bed. There was no air conditioning but we were given a fan which was serving the purpose but unfortunately it stopped working in the middle of the night which was quite inconvenient. There was a hair dryer in the room and we could get an iron on request. Breakfast was good. It has a 360 degrees rotating bar which serves some nice cocktails. All in all, an amazing hotel. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rock room 302 is amazing!
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pragyagupta,
let me thank you for your opinion and let me thank you for your positive attitude. You are amazing as well. Despite little facts which were probably not 100% perfect, you are judging your overall experience. This is how the guests should look at the product. The spirit, the vibe which is not repeated anywhere else.
You gave us full points and I value it from you very much. Again apologies for the TV.
Best regards and see you soon hopefully

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights in April - Easter time. We had the best time - the staff were fabulous, soooo helpful - excellent spoken English to help us on our way!! The rotating, circular bar is a fabulous place to sit and chill - great music and the staff in there again, couldn't do enough for us. Rob and the others - just great. Breakfast spot on - everything you need and more. Funky, trendy rooms. Perfect location - we didn't use public transport once because of the location of the hotel - plus, we wanted to see more just walking around this beautiful city. Immaculate too - I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the Fusion Hotel - they have got it absolutely spot in, in every way. Well done Team Fusion - see you again very very soon :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lorraine322,
you made my day. Your review is the best music for my ears. You know how great it feels to read that our staff is great and made you feel special. This is actually the most you could have done for us. There is an interesting and truthfull saying sb very clever said. Choose the job you love and you dont have to work for the rest of your life.
We dont work here in fusion we just ENJOY :-)
See you soon hopefully
Best regards from Prague (too hot at the moment)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

So i stayed here for my holiday in Prague and chose this hotel due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor. I came to Praha by train and reached the hotel after an approx. walk of 10 minutes. We were greeted at the reception by a sleepy man at 7 am in the morning. I had requested for an early check in via mail. The person informed me that the room is available but I would have to pay a half days charge for getting an early check in. I requested him and told him that no hotels levy such a charge if the room is available, but he wouldn't budge. I had to agree because he wouldnt give me a room before 2 in the afternoon. That guy was so sleepy that he couldnt even give me proper access keys. So had to go down again to the reception and get the new ones. So I checked in and then lodged a string complain with the manager and got the charge waived off. Now lets come to the hotel, the hotel is designed in a really funky manner but the basic amenities have been missed out. Let me list down the lacking basic amenities.

1. No locker in the room, you pay around 100 euros per nigh and you dont even have a locker.(even though there are warnings all over the hotel of beware of being duped)
2. No air conditioning in the rooms, the rooms are so hot, when complained they offered a fan and said there is central air conditioning which i dint feel in the room, the corridors are way more cooler.
3. TV placed at a weird place near the bed, you would be lucky if you dont get hit by it and get injured. I got a hard hit on my shoulder.
4. The bathroom shower area doesnt have a glass compartment so invariably when you take a shower your bathroom become a pool of water.
5. No room service as well, for the price you pay you would expect room service.
6. You dont find any mirrors in the room, so how are you supposed to get ready?
7. The breakfast is very basic, same thing repeated everyday at least for vegetarians. Coffee also pathetic and when you ask for a cappuccino, they say its charged. Thank God they dont charge you even for reserving a table for you.
8. The wi-fi you need to re-login after every 24 hrs.
9. No drinking water is provided in the rooms even for a day.

The location is brilliant, just 5 minutes walk to the old town and the square. The day staff are also very helpful, hence 2 stars for the location and staff otherwise staying with a chain hotel would be a better option when in Prague.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dhaval_Gandhi
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've been hoping to stay in this hotel, since the day they opened it.

Finally I stayed and I really really loved it! It's a really funky hotel, with lots and lots of different cool designs, and the staff is super friendly and helpful too.

It has an absolutely perfect location only a couple mins walk from Wenceslav's Square.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with a couple of your good friends, and would love to share one room with t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sonased,
thank you for your thumbs up. Its great to hear you that somebody was following us from the day we opened and always wished to come. But what is even better is the fact that we gain you beeing impressed and that is what really matters to us here in fusion.
We are little bit crazy and we love to shock our guests in the positive meaning. And yeah here you are...another happy fusion friend.
Hope you are already planning your next trip.
Kind regards