“Great central hotel”

Ranked #179 of 649 Hotels in Prague
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Great central hotel”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Quirky hotel, centrally placed, close to most attractions/ sights.
Only downside for us was no safe in room, no air con(very warm in evening) and can get quite noisy in corridors next to rooms. Very pleasant staff, didnt try Soup in the City but Epopey was poor. Hotel is a 5 mins walk from train station, where the airport express bus will drop you off, only cost £5 for 3 of us. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear GBJ-Cookies,
I would like to thank you for your positive opinion. There were little things you are forgiving us and I appreciate that a lot. You have a big open heart which understands things are sometimes not perfect in every way but still it does not change anything about the whole fusion experience.
Thank you and hope you will be back soon
Sandra Reptova, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing. The girls at reception were adorable and extremely helpful. The hotel itself is creatively designed, perfectly located and has an amazing revolving bar! Our vintage room was unique and super comfy. We adore everything about this hotel and cannot wait to come back to Prague and stay here again. We will make sure that all of our friends stay here. Seriously guys, do not stay anywhere else! Fusion is the best!!

Room Tip: Vintage Room was amazing!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wendydirects
Dear Wendydirects,
And we love you!! You are like a TV advertisement for fusion :-)) Biiig thank you for your lovely words. Vintage rooms is definetely one of the best choices. We have more similar vintage rooms but each one is different as well, with a little different taste. So if you are coming next time, feel free to ask reception for a tour de fusion and vintege rooms and then you can choose your preffered one.
Hope to welcome you again soon
Kind regards
Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've booked a vintage room is this hotel. I liked the room very much.

Very friendly staff members. I had lunch in the soup bar, very good, and I tried the 360° bar, also very nice. Breakfast was good (better than basic)

The only minor points where the street noise in the night (people and machines), and the fact that the room doesn't have airco for warm/hot nights.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room at the street side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Wim_Moortgat,
let me thank you for your time reviewing fusion hotel as well as our Soup in the city bistro. I can see your experience was positve and I appreciate it so much from such an experienced traveler like you are. I think you chose the best room type you could. Vintage room is one of the most popular rooms and makes happy leisure travelers or business guests.
Thank you very much again, my pleasure to meet guests like you.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recon the place to stay in Prague if you like young,cool,quirky and different. Right in the middle of everything though once you close the double window you don't hear a thing. Room was very tidy and different-fabulous. Loved the bar as well -big tick guy's will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bettina,
quirky is the word we love to hear when our guests are describing fusion. I am glad you are our next guest with this kind of feeling and experience. Your last sentence is funny to be honest. So we are accepting the challenge and waiting for big guys to come back!!
Best regards
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at Fusion for 3 nights. It's in a convenient location and the staff is great.
On the first night, we found the room to be different from our expectations.
When we brought this to Venere.com & the hotel's attention, they immediately empathized with us and gave an additional room for our group. Huge kudos for gracefully handing the situation.
The hotel includes a hearty breakfast. I'd definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Avoid the quad room unless you want dorm-style sleeping!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Asaini,
all the way from San Francisco California. Let me say your home is my dream destination. I am happy that you have been treated the way all the guests should be treated in every hotel. Its holiday, time for relax and our job and our main goal is to make you relaxed and welcome.
Hope you enjoyed the rest of your Europe holiday and maybe ...because of fusion....Prague was one of your favourite destinations :-)
Best regards
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at Fusion Hotel near the end of May 2014 and enjoyed my stay very much. First off, the location is prime. The main rail station is only a 10-minute walk from the hotel. The famous Na Prikope shopping street is only a 5-minute walk away and there are plenty of restaurants/bars nearby. Main attractions such as the astronomical clock and Old Town Square are only 20-25 minutes by foot. The hotel itself was clean and had a real modern feel to it. The rooms were not as big as one could have hoped and there was no A/C in the room but these were the only downsides to my entire stay at the property. It was definitely worth the price and I would stay there again without hesitation.

P.S. Breakfast was legit!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Brandon H,
thank you for your time and giving your opinion. I definetely agree with you. Our location is one of the best things about us. Its just close to everywhere but at the same time its not in the middle of the busiest streets.
I appreciate the fact you would come back to visit Prague again and stay with us.
Thats the biggest thing we can expect from our visitors.
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We came in Fusion Hotel for the Bachelorette's party of my sister.
The rooms, the location, the 360° bar and the staff were absolutely perfect for this special event.
We rent the white room which has a rooftop, perfect for drinking cocktails and the Xtensive room to sleep all the girls together.
The experience was totally unforgettable for each of us !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Bonjour ZabouZaza,
Merci!! Thank you very much for your words I am really glad that you were happy and enjoyed your party stay. You really did a good choice with using the terrace in the white room. I have experienced a party there myself with our team and it was just amazing.
So I hope you have celebrated the last days of freedom and that the wedding of your sister is another great party.
Wish you all the best