“Beautiful, fantastic location.”
Review of NYX Prague

NYX Prague
Ranked #183 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Lovely quirky hotel, excellent location, right beside Old Town. Very clean and stunning for the price. Huge buffet breakfast. We really loved our stay here. If we returned to Prague, we'd definitely pick Fusion again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbookworm
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Jbookworm,
quirky fusion! Again here! I am counting people using quirky in connection with fusion and you are the next one. One of my favourite words when describing fusion.
Thank you so much for your lovely words, we are all very happy that you find us the best for you.
Already now looking forward to your next visit.
Best regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our main problem with the hotel was the mistakes made with our booking. We were a group of 6 and had originally booked a room for 4 people accidentally and so we had been in email communications before our arrival and had our room upgraded to a room for 6. However, on our arrival, we were informed that we had a booking on the system for only 2 people which made no sense as the booking had never been for 2 people. The reception staff were very helpful and apologetic and we managed to get 2 rooms and the upgrade price was reasonable enough that I rated the stay 4 stars overall. We were also given a complimentary bottle of wine for the trouble, which went down very well indeed!

Apart from this inconvenience, the rest of the stay was extremely good! There was one problem with the room though: the sliding door of the bathroom didn't close fully and there was no shower curtain so it made using the bathroom uncomfortable. Everything else was fantastic! The staff were brilliant and we really enjoyed spending our evenings in the bar!

I would definitely recommend fusion and if I'm ever in Prague again, I would most definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We (2 adults and 10yr old boy) loved this hotel. We definitely recommend it and hope to return and try another fun design room. However, here are some things that would just make it even better. The pillows are not great . We all had neck ache in the morning....perhaps something to invest in, proper pillows. In our room (513), the sliding bathroom door was almost impossible to open from inside as it wobbled and got stuck. It was also the worst sound insulated bathroom door ever....not always pleasant for either party either inside the bathroom or in the bedroom. Finally, the artistic lighting was lovely...but, it might be good to have the option to light the room and bathroom fully if needed....putting on lenses, dropped items, playing games...etc.

Then, it's good for visitors to know that you appear to allow room parties with loud music. We were getting up early for a flight and our neighbours were making masses of noise. Either warn people to bring earplugs or ask room parties to calm down for guests who want to sleep.

Breakfast was lovely...very high quality ingredients...scrambled eggs were gorgeous, yoghurt too...coffee was variable, sometimes perfect..sometimes stale if it had been sitting. Fresh juices would have been nice.....

But that said, we loved the place, location, staff, style, furniture, humour...most of all the breakfast room, with perfect music!

Thanks for this refreshing pearl of a hotel, so far away from the tedious conventional stuffy boxes!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Rebecca O,
I very much appreciate your opinion and love the last sentence. This is exactly what we wanted to achieve. Get our guests away from the typical boring places which are probably nice but thats it. Fusion is adventure, fusion is different and here you can forget everything you were used to before. We try to go out of our way and I will do the same when judging and trying to improve things according to your suggestions.
For the noise in the rooms, I would like to reccomend to contact reception immediately because its very difficult for us to identify such a problem if the guests only inform us in the morning. We have a night security which could have easily sorted out this situation. I am sorry but you are right, people should care little bit more about the others, that is valid for the whole world.
Anyway your review was very helpful so big thank you
Kind regards

Reviewed 26 June 2014

With two friends, we slept 2 nights in this cosy and original hotel. The location is just near the city centre. There is a trendy and coloured lounge bar in this hotel. The receptionnists are very friendly : the kindness and the smile of the lovely receptionnist Helena seduced me... ;)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Thomas M,
you made me smile. Helena is amazing you are right. When she smiles, everybody is in a good mood. Cool she made you feel dizzy and I hope you still had time to see other interesting things about fusion as well :-)
We will be happy to welcome you again soon
Regards from Helena

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a stag do in June on the recommendation from a friend. We had 18 people in the group and booked three 4 bed rooms and one double room for 3 nights.

There was a bit of a mix up with one of our rooms but the staff were very helpful and compensated any extra expense to us for the inconvenience.

Rooms were modern and very clean with fresh towels etc provided every day.

The 360 bar is great with food and drink both cheap. Although I don't really see the point in the revolving bar.

Location is superb as it's a 2 minute walk to the Main Street and a 10 minute walk to the old town square.

Prague is a great city and if I return, which I hope I do, I will definitely be using this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Graeme C
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Graeme C,
thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your opinion. Its great to hear we were a place for such an important weekend of your lives. Not sure if you are the groom, but you should definetely come back with your partner because Prague is a very romantic city. I can definetely compare some of the streets of Prague to Paris.
Wish you all the best, enjoy the wedding and I wish happy life for the young couple!
Best regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

In my 10 day whirlwind tour of 5 cities, this was the best hotel of the trip. Another reviewer used the word quirky and that is perfect. It is really a hotel/hostel, but don't let the word hostel scare you if you have never stayed in one. This hotel does a great job bridging that gap. It has dorm style rooms and private rooms with private baths. We stayed in the Xtensive room and it was really cool. One giant bed that can sleep up to 6. Also a very nice private bathroom. It had the friendly welcoming feel of a hostel (great staff and great common area. I really enjoy staying in hostels because of the social aspect, but unfortunately hostels have a bad name with many Americans. My wife and friend that we were traveling with fell in that group, and staying at Fusion definitely changed their opinion. Clean, modern, friendly, and an incredible location. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The Xtensive room is very unique and a cool experience.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jake S,
what a pleasure to read your review. It really is fantastic, I feel like you were one of us. I love the way you understood our concept. This is exactly what we are trying to achieve. Break all the unnecessary bariers between travelers. The only difference is that somebody can pay for 5 star accomodation and somebody prefers to spend those money in a different way. And that is fusion - putting together all the different kinds of travelers from all around the world. The only aim is to make our guests feel welcome, socialize with other people and come back home with bunch of new friends.
I am very glad you enjoyed staying with us
Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Quirky hotel, centrally placed, close to most attractions/ sights.
Only downside for us was no safe in room, no air con(very warm in evening) and can get quite noisy in corridors next to rooms. Very pleasant staff, didnt try Soup in the City but Epopey was poor. Hotel is a 5 mins walk from train station, where the airport express bus will drop you off, only cost £5 for 3 of us. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear GBJ-Cookies,
I would like to thank you for your positive opinion. There were little things you are forgiving us and I appreciate that a lot. You have a big open heart which understands things are sometimes not perfect in every way but still it does not change anything about the whole fusion experience.
Thank you and hope you will be back soon
Kindest regards