“Showroom Sleeping”

Ranked #174 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Amsterdam
“Showroom Sleeping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Fusion hotel for 4 days. The hotel looks great, but wasn't designed for comfort. The rooms don't feel homely at all and the fashionable lights actually provide terrible lightening.

The service at the front desk feels very unprofessional and actually didn't follow up on the two things requested.

Breakfast and service at breakfast is good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Gonderange, Grevenmacher, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was in the same Hotel one year ago, still fantastic, classy.. Think the perfect description to describe the hotel would be "Design Hotel"
It's in the very Center and all of the receptionists are friendly, without any exception!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank paulboden101
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Dear Paulboden101,

short, effective and honest. Let me thank you that you basically described the best about us in two sentences. Sometimes less is actually more and I like to follow that rule.
I am happy that you belong into the group of our loyal guests who are coming again for the second or third time. This is the most important for us.
Big thanks and hope to welcome you again in the near future
Kindest regards
Joshua Tree
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed here two nights and was fortunate to have very respectful roommates in the four-bed dorm. The bed I slept in was side-by-side with the woman next to me, a little too close for (my) comfort. The room was clean; I arrived a little early and was able to check in and store my bag. I agree that the Russian guy who works at the desk is very helpful. He patiently answered a lot of questions (that he's probably been asked 10,000 times) and helped me get to the bus station when I had to return to Berlin. The hostel is next door to the Mucha Museum and a block away from Wenceslas Square. Cost-wise, I think the Fusion offers a very affordable alternative to a cheap hotel and there are other amenities onsite, such as a restaurant, bar & lounge, and places to sit and read. This was a good choice for me as I was traveling alone in Czech Republic.

Room Tip: Do not book a room with more than four beds... that's already a bit cozy, from my perspective.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
why2travel, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Sensulato,
thank you for your honest feedback. I know how it feels to travel alone and its always nice to find somebody who actually wants to help you and is not just doing it because he is told to. Our guests would feel the difference immediately. Our reception guys are very focused on the client and I am happy you experienced it. You are right, fusion is a great choice for travellers travelling on budget, on the other hand we can also offer luxury appartment. Taste has no limits with us.
I hope we will be your choice also in the future.
Thank you and kind regards from Prague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed just one night at the beginning of a driving trip through Central Europe and were sufficiently impressed to want to book a further night at the end of the trip, though unfortunately they were already booked up on that occasion. As a couple of relative old farts we were slightly trepidatious about the hotel cum hostel concept but it works very well and we had a very enjoyable stay. We were in what is apparently one of the more basic rooms and found it comfortable and stylish, and great value as well, especially given the location. The breakfast was really good and we liked the atmosphere of the restaurant, which made for a refreshing change from your bog standard hotel breakfast experience. Service was polite and efficient and they dealt very well with our late arrival. Altogether a very positive experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Andrew T,
your feedback is very nice.fusion is for people young at heart, so really there are no limitations. People tend to think we are more for a young crowd because of the technology and the design but its not true. We are for everybody who is willing to accept us as we are. Far away from typical hotels but a place with social vibe and warm spirit staff. At the end that is what counts right? And the location ofcourse:-)
I am very glad you stayed with us and hope we will be your choice for your future travel plans.
Kindest regards
Norfolk, Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

A unique, great place to stay. From the rather bleak, black, wacky decor to the best breakfast of our trip, this place really works well. Arriving at 3.00am because of flight delays, the big comfortable bed in our standard double room was a godsend and without even asking, the friendly guy in reception gave us a later check-out time.

Shame we our stay was short, as its location is ideal. You can walk everywhere. This hotel is refreshingly different, dark maybe but drab it ain't!

Room Tip: Make a reservation ASAP. We couldn't get a room on our last night, so be warned!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Plum 66,
your review is a music for my ears. The breakfast chef will be very happy reading your review as well. I agree that breakfast must be really good, its the most important part of your day.
Let me thank you for your opinion, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope that next time we can cover all your nights but summer is a really busy period and as you said, its better to book in advance.
I hope to meet you in the future
Kind regards
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We arrived at approximately 11:55pm and we were told they were not expecting us as we were somewhat 'late', and they had taken us off the system. Even though we emailed saying we would be arriving this time.

We were assigned the 16 bed. We approached this situation with an open mind and expected a lively but pleasant stay. This was not the case. The 16 bed was horrendous. A large group destroyed the room. Alcohol covered the floor, rubbish was thrown into corners of the room with absolutely no care for other guests in the room. Many of the lockers doors were off the hinges and the shelves had been taken out and placed on top of the sink for some reason. The shower room was under an inch of water, how adults can cause this much mess is beyond me. All the beds in the room had been slept in, which meant me and my partner were meant to sleep in a dirty bunk...

As I've stated we approached this with an open mind, but did not expect to sleep in a room which wasn't fit for an animal. All the hotel had to do was to do a few checks a day to make sure the room is in a 'respectable' condition. It only takes 5 minutes.

We were moved to a four bed and the guy who was already in there had also moved from the 16 bed, so you'd think the staff would catch on to the problems in that room.

We refused to move back into the 16 bed the next night so we asked for a refund. The manager of the hotel was extremely kind and friendly and apologised thoroughly. She gave us our refund without any problems.

The hotel/hostel was very unique, had lots of potential to be the best hostel we would stay in but due to lack of management of rooms it really was a disappointment. If your are to stay here stay away from the 16 bed. The price you pay is not worth the hassle. The Russian guy on the reception desk did the place a huge favour, he was extremely welcoming and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 16 bed.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joel H
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked into Fusion at the recommendation of a friend and was genuinely thrilled I made the decision to. It's beautifully designed, very modern with lots of unique little aesthetic flourishes. Reasonably priced too, the rooms were clean and also lovely inside, with a clean, modern and functioning bathroom. The hotel also features a lounge with a rotating bar that does great food and drink, and all the workers were super friendly. It's very closely located to all of the major sites too, and reasonably priced. I'd have to say this was probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I'll definitely be back on my next visit to Prague.

Room Tip: The smaller dorms are quieter, and only a few euros more per night, so consider those.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo