“Safe place in the city centre, nice free breakfast”
Review of Hostel Marrakesh

Hostel Marrakesh
Ranked #466 of 704 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I'm staying at this hostel almost 2 weeks while looking for my flat in Prague and I was really lucky with choosing this hostel for my stay here because this hostel is very clean, safe, offering free rich breakfast. There is a big screen with many channels, sport and international channels as well. Very comfortable sofa in the common room. Hostel offering free tea, coffee, cappuccino, chocolate during whole day which is very comfortable. Every evening hostel staff preparing small snack for free, like cakes and fruits. They make me to feel like at home. The hostel is situated right in the city center next to many supermarkets and shopping center {very cheap is LIDL]. I recommend this place for staying in Prague.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is hostel is clean and centralz located. Receptionist is young friendly girls which helps me with everything and answered all my questions. Free breakfast provided. Around many shops and bars. It´s small hostel. I appreciated vell equiped kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

this is the second review to claim a theft using card details by the owners of the hostel after the guest has left. This hostel ruined my trip, as I am a 19 year old girl i am young backpacking with not a lot of money at all. When I was already stripped for cash spending a maximum of 5-10 euros a day, I had ALL of my money stolen, PLUS 70 dollars!!! So I was in debt because the owner had a problem with me and my friend coming home at 5am in the morning not tip toeing around. The owner got extremely angry, yelling. I know when I am out of line, and in this moment I know that we werent. He was rude, grossly physical and his behavior was just a gob-smacking surprise. He came into our locked room in the morning without knocking, proceeded to kick our clothes around the room and yell at us because we had moved a bed slightly. He was swearing, THREATENING and he even grabbed my arm just to push me to leave faster. Grabbing it with a painful amount of force. I left this hostel very upset, nowhere to go, no money to stay anywhere and a debt in my pocket. To this day months later I cringe at the thought of the things they did. I hope that someone can see whats happening here and change it. Because all the reviews everywhere are one offs saying everything was perfect, when they lie on the site about the reception times and other fees, and as I was leaving the hostel owner even went to the trouble to tell me he's going to contact hostel bookers so I cant write a review!!! i hope someone can change whats happening because it ruined my trip, and I have no doubt it will ruin many other backpackers trips to come. All in all, jaw dropping at the behavior, the lies, the theft and the fraud. I felt and still feel absolutely Disgusted. 3 months later and I am still dealing with, AND NO WHERE NEAR, getting my money back. THEFT.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank afraidTOputMYname
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Cute hostel with maroccan design made us to feel very homy. Friendly and helpful staff. Hostel is close to the bus and train station.There were a few restaurants and bars within a 2 minute walk and reasonably priced. We slept at 10 beds dorm it was a decent size room with comfortable beds. Everything is very clean at this hostel. After long walk through Prague we always relaxed on the comfortable red sofa placed in common area. Free tea, coffee, sugar, milk.. There was a mini market around the corner as well and 200m supermarket Lidl.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

The hostel was easy to find and there was someone to meet us after 3pm but do not go before this time as the reception is not manned, you an store your bags at the train station for 60kr. There are a lot of bad reviews about the hostel but it is not as bad as some make out. The receptionist is lovely and helpful. The negative points the rooms have too many beds in so you can't move around. The 'purchaseable' extra you see on hostel bookers is a requirement not a choice. So even though you might have your own sleeping bag that's not good enough and you have to pay for linen. The linen I the worse linen I have ever seen. Defeats the object of the 'Hygenie' rule they use to make you most as the bed sheets don't even cover the whole bed. The duvet sheet has a broken zip and the pillow cannot be closed either. The common room is good but can fit around 5 people in. I would not recommend stopping here.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kezminda
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I really do hate writing bad reviews but I was very disappointed in this hostel, especially after seeing how good the ratings were on the Hostel bookers website. To be fair, the staff are really nice, and the location is really good, and wifi also works well. But to only have two bathrooms for perhaps 30 guests, with only a small common room/kitchen is a bit ridiculous. I also came when the temperature was over 35 degrees at least, and I stayed in the attic room...there is barely a window, so the temperature and humidity feels three times worse when you step inside the room. The other main thing that I was unhappy with is that there are no definite reception hours - you could be waiting for ages for the reception to open to check in! So unfortunately, this was a poor choice for my stay in Prague.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed 20 July 2013

It had everything we needed and was well priced. I would recommend staying here. I would point out that the walk into the city centre took about 5-10 minutes but I prefer to be away from the hustle and bustle. There was a lovely restaurant just next door, I can't remember the name of it.

Room Tip: Our room was visible (because the curtain was very thin) to anyone walking to and from the main entr...