Hostel Marrakesh
Hotel Merkur(Prague)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree breakfastinternational bus stationcity centrerestaurants and barsold townlocation is greatwould stay here againlidlreceptionistcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We've spent two nights at the hostel in a ten bed mixed dorm. The location of the hostel is good, a two minute walk away from the train station and bus hub, located in Prag's beautiful old town. The hostel was nice and clean, there is a restaurant in the same building, which we didn't try after all although it looked quite nice. One of the down sides is that they don't have a 24h reception, but they tell you that on their homepage as well as on hostelwolrd.com, so we've just emailed them at what time we would arrive and they welcomed us without a problem. Staff was very, very nice and we've had some nice conversations. They've provided breakfast for us and had free wifi in all the hostel. There were no lockers in the hostel and only two bathrooms for four dorm rooms.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I'm staying at this hostel almost 2 weeks while looking for my flat in Prague and I was really lucky with choosing this hostel for my stay here because this hostel is very clean, safe, offering free rich breakfast. There is a big screen with many channels, sport and international channels as well. Very comfortable sofa in the common room. Hostel offering free tea, coffee, cappuccino, chocolate during whole day which is very comfortable. Every evening hostel staff preparing small snack for free, like cakes and fruits. They make me to feel like at home. The hostel is situated right in the city center next to many supermarkets and shopping center {very cheap is LIDL]. I recommend this place for staying in Prague.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is hostel is clean and centralz located. Receptionist is young friendly girls which helps me with everything and answered all my questions. Free breakfast provided. Around many shops and bars. It´s small hostel. I appreciated vell equiped kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

this is the second review to claim a theft using card details by the owners of the hostel after the guest has left. This hostel ruined my trip, as I am a 19 year old girl i am young backpacking with not a lot of money at all. When I was already stripped for cash spending a maximum of 5-10 euros a day, I had ALL of my money stolen, PLUS 70 dollars!!! So I was in debt because the owner had a problem with me and my friend coming home at 5am in the morning not tip toeing around. The owner got extremely angry, yelling. I know when I am out of line, and in this moment I know that we werent. He was rude, grossly physical and his behavior was just a gob-smacking surprise. He came into our locked room in the morning without knocking, proceeded to kick our clothes around the room and yell at us because we had moved a bed slightly. He was swearing, THREATENING and he even grabbed my arm just to push me to leave faster. Grabbing it with a painful amount of force. I left this hostel very upset, nowhere to go, no money to stay anywhere and a debt in my pocket. To this day months later I cringe at the thought of the things they did. I hope that someone can see whats happening here and change it. Because all the reviews everywhere are one offs saying everything was perfect, when they lie on the site about the reception times and other fees, and as I was leaving the hostel owner even went to the trouble to tell me he's going to contact hostel bookers so I cant write a review!!! i hope someone can change whats happening because it ruined my trip, and I have no doubt it will ruin many other backpackers trips to come. All in all, jaw dropping at the behavior, the lies, the theft and the fraud. I felt and still feel absolutely Disgusted. 3 months later and I am still dealing with, AND NO WHERE NEAR, getting my money back. THEFT.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank afraidTOputMYname
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Cute hostel with maroccan design made us to feel very homy. Friendly and helpful staff. Hostel is close to the bus and train station.There were a few restaurants and bars within a 2 minute walk and reasonably priced. We slept at 10 beds dorm it was a decent size room with comfortable beds. Everything is very clean at this hostel. After long walk through Prague we always relaxed on the comfortable red sofa placed in common area. Free tea, coffee, sugar, milk.. There was a mini market around the corner as well and 200m supermarket Lidl.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends