“Lovely little restaurant with quirky dessert menu!”

Alforno Focacceria Italiana
Ranked #309 of 5,758 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: European, Italian, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant while on holiday in Prague. We hadn't booked in advance but the staff worked quickly to clear tables so we only had to wait a couple of minutes on a busy Saturday night. All of the staff were very friendly, professional and helpful throughout the evening. Good service and lovely food. Portion sizes slightly on the small side so perhaps would recommend side orders to share. Lasagna was tasty. There were quirky little touches like the pasta napkin holder.

The best part was when we asked to see the dessert menu. The waitress appeared, with something that looked like a large book in her arms, I wasn't sure what she was doing at first then I realised she was holding a large stamp and ink pad. She stamped the dessert menu onto our place mats! Never seen anyone do this before but we thought it was great! Ordered Tiramisu for dessert and it was delicious.

Lovely restaurant with great staff - would definitely return.

1  Thank travelbug194

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to eat close to our hotel and stumbled upon this place. It was busy and only 1 table was available inside (as all had been reserved) which was a good sign. We sat outside and I'm glad we did as it was a pleasant evening. There was a slight mix up in tables by a waitress whose English wasn't great but my Czech is non existent so who am I to say anything!
The waiter was very friendly and brought us out bread and olive oil. He recommended wine for us and was very attentive with refilling our glasses. He also noticed I didn't finish my meal (tasty just too much for me) and asked if it was ok which I thought was a nice touch.
Nice food but a tad on the pricey side I thought for being slightly out of the main touristy areas. Worth a try if you are close.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Awful food and "cold" staff. The roasted meet was more boiled and the pasta wasn't boiled enough. We've asked initially for 2 glasses of wine. After 5 min' we've asked for the rest of the bottle and we received a very cold and rude response.

Thank Alexandra Aluis... S
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

They did not gave me service because the toilet was broken(?). There were people eating, so that did not make any sense. Waiter did not speak good english

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We came here for lunch around 13:00 PM. There were a few visitors and a bachelors party ongoing. Staff was very friendly and spoke english! We received bread and breadsticks with olive ol (complementary) after the order for the drinks were taken we ordered our lunch. My wife had the Pizza Margeritha with Buffel Mozarella and i had a salad with smoked salmon. When they brought the food (approx 20 minutes after our arrival) they offered me fresh pepper on my salad (just like when you are in a steak restaurant. Food was of good quality.

After all the pizza, salad and 2 drinks costed us less then 500 Ck!