“Worth a visit”

Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: European, Italian, Czech
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

What a pleasure to go out for a meal and actually feel you are welcome and valued. And good food into the bargain

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Located near to our hotel the Unic...good service and excellent food. We ate their twice in our 3 day stay. Good selection incl fish and some great salads too. Very good indeed and pleasant staff.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I were wandering the streets near out hotel (10-15 minute walk from the Hilton) and saw this restaurant. It was busy (I think always a good sign) and seemed very quaint. There were indoor and outdoor tables and some in the square. It was in a quiet area and there were trees around. We decided to eat there the next night. We were fortunate enough to get a table outside as a couple had just left. Our waitress knew a little English which was nice. She was very friendly and we were very happy with the service. Our food was excellent! We had the soup which was amazing and followed that up with pizza and lasagna. Both were excellent. When we received our bill I thought it was a mistake. It was very reasonably priced. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and the service. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank luvtotravelCanada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant while on holiday in Prague. We hadn't booked in advance but the staff worked quickly to clear tables so we only had to wait a couple of minutes on a busy Saturday night. All of the staff were very friendly, professional and helpful throughout the evening. Good service and lovely food. Portion sizes slightly on the small side so perhaps would recommend side orders to share. Lasagna was tasty. There were quirky little touches like the pasta napkin holder.

The best part was when we asked to see the dessert menu. The waitress appeared, with something that looked like a large book in her arms, I wasn't sure what she was doing at first then I realised she was holding a large stamp and ink pad. She stamped the dessert menu onto our place mats! Never seen anyone do this before but we thought it was great! Ordered Tiramisu for dessert and it was delicious.

Lovely restaurant with great staff - would definitely return.

1  Thank travelbug194
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to eat close to our hotel and stumbled upon this place. It was busy and only 1 table was available inside (as all had been reserved) which was a good sign. We sat outside and I'm glad we did as it was a pleasant evening. There was a slight mix up in tables by a waitress whose English wasn't great but my Czech is non existent so who am I to say anything!
The waiter was very friendly and brought us out bread and olive oil. He recommended wine for us and was very attentive with refilling our glasses. He also noticed I didn't finish my meal (tasty just too much for me) and asked if it was ok which I thought was a nice touch.
Nice food but a tad on the pricey side I thought for being slightly out of the main touristy areas. Worth a try if you are close.