“Poor excuse for a bar” 1 of 5 bubbles

BED Lounge
Ranked #1,290 of 5,280 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: This is a Trendy Bar just off the old town square in Prague, right next to Caffreys Irish Bar. It is a cool hip Cocktail Bar who also serve American style food as we had the Burgers and they were lovely! The style of this place is just like the name 'BED', so the seating area all looks like large white beds which huge pillow, so you lie up on the bed after taking your shoes off and there is a bed tray for food and drinks etc. Cool, Hip place for a different experience. Recommended!
London, United Kingdom
“Poor excuse for a bar”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

The concept is there, but it fails to deliver. The drinks are of a very poor quality and the service is terrible. We stumbled upon it and thought the drinks deals were fair (if the cocktails tasted good...). The deals conveniently were not available once you enter and the drinks are a rip off (for Prague standards). They used tinned fruit and olives and very budget spirits.

I would recommend Hemmingway if you want a great cocktail experience in Prague. Alternatively, there are loads of great wine tasting places.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Czech first
  • Greek first
“Awesome place and the STUFF IS AWESOME TOO!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Ladies and gentleman, the stuff is great, its just some people with no good behaviour, who can say the oposit.....
I live in Prague, this is my second home.....my favourit drink is MAI-TAI, I´ve tried it in other bars, usually it was rum with juice, here in BEDLOUNGE you will get the REAL ONE!!!!! Barman is very very proffesional......GOOD JOB JIRKA!!!!!!!!
Coming tonight for NEW YEAR´s Mai Tai......
SEE YOU!!!!!!!ALL THE BEST BEDLOUNGE!!!!!!!!

ALSO I had a wedding escape to Bedlounge, I was kiddnaped and my husband found me there,....We got drinks on the house from lovelly BOSS....and they played for us a beautifull song, so we danced.......THANK YOU BEDLOUNGE FOR THIS AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing decor, poor staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I visited Prague early this year with my boyfriend and his family.
We were recommended this bar.

It was very quiet when we went in - although it was early afternoon but we had a jam packed schedule and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
The bar itself was quite a cool concept, it was all white with pink decor and the seating were actually beds with scatter pillows and lots of mood lighting.

When we arrived we were told that we had to take our shoes off and leave them on the floor, which is understandable.

We then went downstairs as that's where most the seating was. We were the only people there.
We chose an area to sit on and took our shoes off and started to look at the drinks list.
Then (being the tourists that we were) we started to take a few pictures.
My boyfriend's sister sat on the bed opposite us to get a group picture.
All of a sudden the waitress came storming over and started shouting at us saying that we were only allowed to sit on one area and that she had just made that bed and now she has to make it all over again. She then started hitting the pillows to plump them up.
We all just sat in shock.
A few minutes later she came over to take our drinks order.
We were all ready to walk out but to be honest we just wanted to have a drink.
When taking our drinks order the waitress was very curt and rude and showed no remorse for how she just spoke to us and made us feel. Even when we said how out of order she had just been.
There are no signs stating that you are only allowed in one area after sitting down. And they certainly didn't mention it when we arrived.
We ordered our cocktails, drank them and all left very shortly after that!

The bar is nice and I would love to recommend it however the staff were SO rude I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Cool concept let down by”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Travelling in Prague as 2 couples, tried this place for a late afternoon drink as it looked a bit different. The staff were incredibly rude, worst cocktails of the trip (and not in any way cheap) and completely lacked atmosphere. We were told where to sit and then told we couldn't have the beer we wanted where we were sat. It has the potential to be a great bar but the rude snobby staff with miserable faces ensure any kind of atmosphere is stifled. There are far nicer bars to choose from in the area - go with 1 of those.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jenny J
Miami, Florida
“Great place to relax, drink and smoke HOOKAH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

After a whole day of traveling, we found this place in the Old Town Square next to an Irish pub. We had a couple drinks and we smoked some Watermelon hookah. The place had a nice lounge vibe and a lot of a younger crowd that allowed me to fit right in. We loved it!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to BED Lounge? Share your experiences!