“Great experience with Roman!”

Amazing Walks of Prague - Private Tours
Ranked #232 of 525 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Private walks by local history buff! Hi, my name is Roman Bily and I was born and raised in Prague.Since May 2004 I work as tour guide. I am informative, but not boring. I like my job and I'm proud of it. I'm here to make your stay in Prague a unique experience. People describe me as passionate and entertaining, but I'm not a stand-up comedian. I'm a family man (proud father of three boys) and I know how to attract and hold a kid's attention. Any extra time (If tour goes over appointed time) - is free of charge. So, I hope to see you on one of my walks. Have a pleasant stay in beautiful Prague! And remember, I'm the one who cares about your wishes! Due to the high demand is booking recommended. Contact me via email or phone. Hotel pick-up available or we can meet on the left side of the Astronomical Clock on the Old Town Square. Most of my tours are walking tours. But there is a chance to sit along the way - I like when my guests can sit ,relax and listen to my stories. Sometimes we'll use local transport : tram/streetcar. And yes, transportation (private vehicle) can be arranged upon request. Activity level of my walks is light and kid friendly. And sometimes parental guidance is recommended! Tour guide services/sample itinerary: 1/. PRAGUE OVERVIEW - Best of Prague (5-6 hours) 2/. COMMUNISM WALK - Life behind Iron Curtain (90 minutes) 3/. ASSASSINATION OF HEYDRICH - WW II history + Nazi occupation (2 hrs) 4/. OLD TOWN UNDERGROUND - Truth is down there (90 min) 5/. BEER TOUR - Pub + brewery visit + Czech dinner (3 hrs) 6/. MEDIEVAL TAVERN DINNER - Historical Fantasy Show + "all you can eat" menu (3,5 hrs) 7/. PRAGUE CASTLE WITH INTERIORS - Most sacred place (3 hrs) 8/. BOAT CRUISE + DINNER + LIVE MUSIC - Spectacular waterfront panorama of Prague with excellent "all you can eat" menu (3,5 hrs) 9/. JEWISH GHETTO - History of Czech Jews past and present (2,5 - 3 hrs) 10/.GHOST WALK - Hour of darkness (90 min) 11/.THERESIENSTADT EXCURSION - The only WW II concentration camp in the whole country 12/.KUTNA HORA TRIP - Unesco World Cultural Heritage Site
Bellignham, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great experience with Roman!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I spent a day walking through the city with Roman and had a delightful experience. I had only two days in Prague and am happy I spent one with him exploring the city! The money and time invested were well spent. I saw much of the city and learned so much history. Roman truly loves his city and shares his knowledge in a jovial, friendly way. I appreciated his help navigating the bus system for purchasing a bus ticket to the Moravia. I literally couldn't have done it without him! He gave me other tips on things I wanted to see to make the most of my time. He is a generous and outgoing gentleman who made me feel very much at home in Prague. I look forward to my next visit to see Prague and Roman! Děkuji

Visited July 2013

Maryland
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Roman Bily is an excellent guide. Highly recommend!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We spent two days exploring Prague with Roman Bily. He showed us the entire city on the first day, and gave us the tour of the Jewish quarter on the second. He is an extremely knowledgeable guide with enthusiasm for his city and passion for history. He speaks several languages (his English is impeccable) and makes the tours interesting, personable, flexible, easy and memorable. We will strongly encourage our friends and family to contact him when they visit Prague.

Visited July 2013
Annandale, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonder tour of Jewish Quarter”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We took a wonderful walking tour of the Jewish Quarter. Our guide, Roman Bily, was a wealth of information, as well as charming and entertaining. He was also extremely reasonably priced. The two and a half hours we spent with Roman was the highlight of our great trip to Prague.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Regnadk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Informative trip”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had a great tour with Roman Bily. We had him as a tour guide for two days at the Jewish quarters, Petrin hill, prague castle and Charles bridge. His way of explaining each and every detail is very informative. Next time I visit Prague, I hope to book him for a tour. I recommend Roman Bily as your tour guide if you are really interested in knowing more about Prague and its history. God bless you!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank sherrythomas86
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We were so happy with the Jewish quarters tour with Roman Billy that the next day we also booked him for Prague castle and Charles bridge trip. It was knowledge, interesting and efficiently managed..his passion and friendliness makes all the difference...

Visited May 2013