“Inept attitude and poor cocktails”
Review of Zlaty Strom Prague

Zlaty Strom Prague
Ranked #50 of 678 Nightlife in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Music Club Zlaty Strom is a legend of the night life among dance clubs in Prague. Historical ambience of authentic gothic basement combined with the cutting-edge technology create together unique club atmosphere. First-class DJs take care of your entertainment every day. A professional team of bartenders will amaze you on five bars with our cocktails, XXL drinks and premium alcohol brands. Gathering with friends in a calm lounge bar or wild party on exclusive HD Visual dance floor – nobody will be bored in Zlaty Strom. All this for prices, which you will not find anywhere in Prague. We are here for you on this attractive address since 1994.
Reviewed 26 February 2013

went here because the best place (black angels) was completly booked out so we tried their Mojitos. Absolutely rubbish, you could chew on the sugar crystals and the wooden "stick" that was used to make the drink was filthy. There was no "theatre" in making the drinks and charged us 100czk more than the black angels bar....shame on you. We would never return so well done in losing another customer.

2  Thank millie2008

Reviewed 23 December 2012

We went to the club at night with a friend of mine. The entrance is free for girls, so we decided to try it out. The club was not really crowded on Saturday night. I can say that most of the people there were quite creepy. The musik was okay, nothing special - Europe today's hits, no club or dj musik. I was surprised that there were a lot of strippers and almost all the people gathered in the room with the strippers, the dancefloor was quite empty. I remember how one of the strippers took all of her clothes off and started masturbating. What can I say, never expected it to happen and was shocked to see this happening in a club with the free entrance, the Internet site of which doesnt warn you about such things in advance. If I ever go to Prague again, Zlaty strom definitely won't be my number one choice!

3  Thank Viktoria A
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Went to the restaurant twice for a good meal as they served food till 5 AM.

The food variety was very good and everything was out in multiple languages and with pictures. Generaly speaking the food was decent and the place is clean, but don't expect something extra ordinary when eating past 12 AM.

We have checked out the club once during middle of the week. It was a bi dodgy and bland. Maybe it's different during a week end to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

music was great, drinks were excellent! they are very generous with their alcohol i must say! the nice things about this club is it has so many rooms, so it never gets really crowded and stuffy... had a great time!

1  Thank Zewey
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I always wanted to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Prague and when I finally got the chance it turned out a nightmare. My boyfriend and I went to Zlaty Strom Music Club which is in the basement of the hotel and is quite central and doesn’t look like some dodgy place. We were sitting at the bar when our coats and my handbag were stolen with over 550 euros, phones, camera, and all documents. The bartender was not interested at all, so we turned to the hotel receptionist for help. The guy was so rude and told us it is not his problem and wouldn’t even call the police. The entire staff was extremely unfriendly. Finally when the police arrived they said they couldn’t do anything and left us there. Wondering what to do and how to get home without any money for a cab, any directions how to get to our friends’ house, or a phone so we can call our friends I sat on the stairs in front of the club, being really upset and crying. It is then when one of all 4 or 5 security guys attacked me from behind by grabbing me by the hair and dragging me across the stairs. He only threw me on the ground when my boyfriend stepped forward trying to help. My boyfriend got a punch in the eye and his face was covered in blood. That’s how we walked around Prague on NYE without coats, money or mobile phones, looking for a cab that would agree to take us and trying to communicate somehow where we had to go. Daniel, the manager of the place (hotel+restaurant+club), was very unhelpful the following day when we returned to the club. Seems they found our coats, no explanations were offered. The police officer’s advice was to leave things like this because there was nothing we could prove. I am utterly disappointed in people’s rudeness and unfriendliness in Prague. Not to mention that none of the random people who witnessed the whole situation stopped and tried to help.

15  Thank Mell-Elle1