“Good hotel for a weekend trip”

Charles Bridge Palace
Ranked #221 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I stayed in Charles Bridge Palace for 2nights in June 2013, for a romantic weekend. The hotel has an ideal location for sighting, and visiting of the restaurants, just 2-3 min walk to Charles Bridge. We didn’t use any of public transport since everything was so nearby. Our room was nice and spacious. The decoration looks like Middle Ages, looks pretty cool for my taste. Room was clean, and hotel by itself looked nice, with the right atmosphere. Breakfast was decent, nothing special but ok to prepare for long day of walking in the beautiful Prague. Wi-Fi worked without any problems. The only thing that was less good was the sounds from outside of a hotel. We could hear everything that happened outside: trams, police and music nightclub just outside the hotel. But we normally didn’t care so much about it, especially after couple of glasses of czechian beer=) I total if you are looking for the hotel that nearby that main sightseeing and restaurants, and not so sensitive for the noises it might be good place for you to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vetta_M
ERIC F, Director of Sales at Charles Bridge Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear client, Many thanks for your email and for posting a review on your recent stay at Charles Bridge Palace. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us even though you seem to have experienced some minor issue.The Charles Bridge Palace is located in the beating heart of , Prague causing for some outside noise to enter the building. We do endeavour to do our best to prevent this as much as possible to allow for a good nights’ rest, however we understand that this is not always possible and do operate a 24 hour reception desk should our guests have any concerns, day or night, we are always happy to help to the best of our ability.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Charles Bridge Palace Best regards.ERIC

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel has really a strategic position, both in order to reach the old castle and the center. Nevertheless, the it doesn't really proved to be a 4 stars hotel. The room that was given to us at first was simply OUTRAGEOUS: it was in the middle of two corridors! So technically, there was no window since, if we tried to open the curtains, we were public, just in front of anyone!
So we went to the receptionist and we asked for another room.. "the hotel is fully booked, I am sorry". mmm what do you think? was it really booked? of course not! I checked it on booking.com and ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE and there were plenty of free rooms.
the whole situation was brought to higher levels, and I was forced, by the hilarious circumstance, to talk to the manager. If you could only have seen him. The most arrogant, rude, disrespectful and unprofessional person I ever met in my life. He really offended me by the way he behaved.
However, after two hours spent discussing, we were given another room..TEMPORARILY since it was supposedly booked for the following day. once again, it turned out not to be true.

breakfast: really basic and low quality things. The teas were simply so artificial and fake

Room Tip: Check the room position first.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lucybubi
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had a lovely long weekend in Prague, and I booked this hotel for me and my wife for three nights. We got to check in at 11 AM already - great.
The hotel has a superb location just next to Charles Bridge. It has some beautiful hallways and the rooms also has some beautiful details.
Unfortunately the "finish" and the service was lacking quite a bit: We couldn't adjust the heat in our room, so they sent a service guy to fix it.The room was still to cold though, mainly due to the fact that we couldn't close the outer window fully. The service guy didn't fix it, so I tried the best I could to keep it closed.
The lightning was awful - I think they used the cheapest eco-lightbulbs from IKEA - so it was kind of blue-ish. In the bathroom, there's was only a lamp in the ceiling (nothing in front of the mirror - but I think there used to be... wires where hanging...) The light bulb was broken in one of the other lamps in the living room. I told the service guy. I told reception, but nothing happened during our stay.
The furniture was kind of nice "palace style" - but in a small room adjacent to the main room - there was a small fridge - and two IKEA furniture - which were not even used ???...
The shower was hot and nice - but when my wife flushed the toilet, I burned myself quite badly standing in the shower - and only hot water coming out...!
Cleaner didn't clean our cups and glasses in the room.
Breakfast was average.
One star for locatio and One star for the palace-style decor inside.
Not enough for me to come back though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank discokasper
ERIC F, Director of Sales at Charles Bridge Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear client,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic feedback on your recent stay at the Charles Bridge Palace!

I am pleased that you loved our central city location and its close proximity to all the main tourist attractions.

I would like to sincerely apologie for the lightning not functioning correctly, Your feedback has been highlighted to our in house Maintenance Manager to ensure that this does not affect future guests.

I see you are not likely to stay with us again, but we would like the opportunity to change your mind. If you would like to take me up on this offer, please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly at the hotel.

I would like to thank you very much for providing valuable feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Very impressed with the hotel, the rooms were big and had everything we needed, we looked over the square at the back which was fine Thursday and Friday, but was a wee bit noisy on Saturday but not for long, it might be different in the summer months when there are more people about. but all in all a lovely friendly clean hotel, and the breakfast was good and lots of it.

Room Tip: Room 212 would be a good room !!!! we stayed in 210' which had a view of the square and the all...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear client,

Thank you for reviewing the charles Bridge Palace and sharing your thoughts and experiences with other travellers.

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst visiting Prague! It is always a pleasure to read such great comments from our valued guests.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the central location of Charles Bridge Palace.

Myself and the Charles Bridge Palace team look forward to hopefully being your host again on future visits to Prague.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I couldn't be happier with the location and the service - very friendly, helpful and patient staff with a great sense of humor. I also liked the interior design and loved waking up to the view of Prague Castle through the window, but the big downside was all the noise.

The hotel is on a main street, and the rooms with the view of the castle have the tram pass right underneath the windows; in addition, because the hotel is right in the middle of the action on Friday and Saturday night, we could hear loud music from the club across the street all night, as well as all the noise from the party crowds on the street. If you are a sound sleeper, or if you are out all night, then it's fine, but otherwise it can be annoying. I know location is a key selling point for the hotel and the hotel can't really control the crowds (so you have to take the good and the bad), but if management invests in soundproofing the rooms, it will be a huge improvement on the quality of sleep.

The other issue during our stay was the Wi-Fi - it was hardly usable. It only functioned in one of the corners of one of the rooms in our suite - and even then, the network was unstable and kept coming and going. My guess is that the walls are unusually thick, since it is an old building, but then install more/better routers. For these prices and this standard, I expect the Wi-Fi to function flawlessly.

Finally, when we got a suite, we did not expect one of the rooms to be walk-through - i.e., if you were in one room and wanted to get to the bathroom, you had to walk through the other, which is not very convenient for the people staying in the other room. Two doors to the bathroom (one from each room) would have been a better layout and the added convenience would better justify the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lv6ph

Dear client,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, I sincerely appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feedback for other travellers on your recent stay at the Charles Bridge Palace.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the noise during your stay. It is indeed disappointing to hear that this prevented you from having a good night's rest and it is unfortunate that our 24 hour reception were not notified of your dissatisfaction during your stay as we would have been more than happy to supply you with a sleep well pack inclusive of ear plugs or alternatively move you to an alternate room to ensure you have no discomfort. Please accept my sincerest apologies in regards to this.

I am however glad that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and all that we have to offer in this busy part of the city, which is situated opposite the Charles's Bridge and main night attractions, surrounded by some great restaurants and is easily accessible to other areas

I would like to appreciate for your comments regarding our team to which have been passed on and it is indeed lovely to hear that our staff provided you with such a friendly and helpful service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Charles Bridge Palace on your next visit, please be sure to contact us directly to assist you in this.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We are world-wide globe-trotters and would highly recommend enjoying Prague from the Charles Bridge Palace! Not extravagant, but clean, comfortable and well located. In addition, the gentleman at the reception desk during our stay was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra to guarantee a room with a river view... Very well worth it to us!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 1 Murphy24,

Many thanks for your great review . I am glad that you have found the accommodation to your liking and that you were happy with the space provided . Delighted also that you have made the most of your stay to enjoy the fabulous views from our river view.
I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Charles Bridge Palace.

Regards

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed in September this year. Great location for all of the tourist sights, easy walking throughout the old town. We'd requested a river view room and when we arrived the initial room on the first floor we were given had a view of a tree and tram lines. We complained and they then gave us room 315 which had nice views of the river and the Castle and was much nicer. However, be aware that the this side of the hotel is lit up at night which means the room remained quite bright for the entire evening. Plus, the night club on the corner meant that we had interrupted sleep most nights as people left the club, and usually decided that they needed to yell at one another! Also the service at times was a bit hit and miss, (which we experienced pretty much everywhere we went in Prague) and on checkout the receptionist on duty had a dreadful attitude and seemed to think it worthwhile arguing with us about a pre-booked taxi that apparently hadn't been pre-booked afterall!! Which is a shame as it has left a negative last impression to an otherwise interesting and pleasurable holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

dear Customer, Thank you very much for your review . I am delighted to read that you were happy with your choice of accommodation in Prague . Our very central location means that we are located next to very busy streets. However, the majority of our guests comment on how quiet and peaceful our apartments are considering the location. I am sorry if you did experience some noise despite the double glazing or double windows we have in place . This is unfortunately out of our control and I hope it was not too inconvenient. With regards ERIC