“Definitely not one of the best in Prague”
Review of Port 62

Port 62
Ranked #3,987 of 5,782 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 4
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Well, everybody have their own opinion about a good food especially good food for value. I was there with my whole family a not all were disappointed. But. We had to wait almost an hour for starters, also for main course and desserts. And the restaurant was half full. I had scampi in batter and I really must say that the batter was disgusting. Slow and unhelpful staff was just a top of this not a good experience. And for the price they want you are expecting something tasty. My boyfriend had overdone duck with cold dumplings. Probably kitchen need some employees to prosecute orders. Luckily, It's at least a nice place, but for me it's never more again.

3  Thank Leelalola

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This restaurant is one of my favourites. It is quite unusual to eat out on an old ship restored to a fancy restaurant. We come here regularly and always leave satisfied with the meals we get there.

Anyway, the food is something really fascinating. The menu there is quite short, but you will always have some opportunity to make decent choice you would like. So meals used to be good, but sometimes it was like something might a bit better, but during our last visit we discovered the now the meals are really superb with no point to complain about. Try it, will see.

Interior feels rather formal, but shortly you’ll discover it is not so formal and there is no problem to spend a whole evening in funny chat with friends. It is quite nice to come during sun set. As you sit just few feet above the river level the sun sets behind hills on the other side. It’s something really different from a common Prague restaurant.

What is not always okay is the service. Some waiters are better, some are worse, but here are usually slow and somehow affected ones. It’s nothing serious, but waiting 20 minutes to clean dishes is something I would consider as too bad for such kind of restaurant.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Port62 is definitely one of my favourite restaurants in Prague. Although far from city centre (and the place where I live), I never hesitate to go there for special occasions with my family or my girlfriend.
Their food is delicious and it varies throughout the year - the menu has a lot of seasonal dishes. The sortiment is not so big (which is a good thing) but the variety still covers everything from typical Czech cuisine to Mediterranean specialities. The prices are surprisingly good for meals of such quality. Unlike good restaurants in the city centre it's easily affordable.
I also enjoy going inline skating around the river and although this restaurant may look somewhat expensive and posh, I usually end up in Port62 having a good cup of coffee or something refreshing.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I visit Port62 regularly, the atmoshere and location just at the inline skating route is great. Food is tasty, usually good and fairly priced. But the staff, especially at the garden, is poor. Last time I spent 15 minutes sitting there without being noticed by the waiter. The food, which I got after cca 30 minutes, was almost cold. What happened with this place? Last season was without major problems.... This is not good start of the season.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I live near Port62 so I go there at least several times a year. It is a very special place. The restaurant is located on a fixed ship on the Vltava river, so you can enjoy views of the river with boats sailing by. This restaurant is one of the best, I've ever been to. The chef really knows his job and eating there is always an exceptional experience. There are not many meals on the menu but all of them are thought-through, combined with a suitable side-dish and everyone finds something to choose from. All the food is fresh and extremely tasty. The menu changes regularly so I always find new interesting food there. The staff and environment is friendly and professional, though not snobbish. No problem going there without a tie. The restaurant has a pleasant modern design. Often it offers special events such as barbecue workshop. The place is located at a cycling path running along the river, so you can also stop there just for a drink when on bike or roller-skates.
All-in-all - highly recommended. For me, the best in Prague.

5  Thank Johny_r